• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another School Shooting

Please make it stop.

I can’t even imagine.

God……please make it stop.

Everyone knows if ghost gun purchases were more restrictive, school shootings would stop.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Please make it stop.

I can’t even imagine.

God……please make it stop.
      Doc and I probably disagree on how exactly to make this happen…but I know for a flipping fact that we both ultimately want this **** to stop…and if given the chance, we’d put our heads together to work towards that exact goal: to make this **** stop.

I don’t care if you are left, right, liberal, conservative, Republican, Democrat, whatever polar opposite you can think of. Leaders need to lead. Either act like a ****ing leader and make this end, or stay TF out of politics and let people who are serious about leading do so.
      Last edited by WuShock16; May 24, 2022, 05:30 PM.
      78-65

Comment

Most federal politicians now were there for Sandy Hook. Vote them ALL out.

Comment

I’ve been to Uvalde. Nice little town next to Hill Country. Heavily Hispanic and also quite patriotic. In close proximity to many military installations. This is more than awful.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Most federal politicians now were there for Sandy Hook. Vote them ALL out.
            Further proof that we are lockstep on this. I literally had the exact thought. Everyone from Mitch to Nancy needs to go away yesterday. They had their chance and have failed. Let’s start over.

78-65

Comment

I agree. They can get the **** out of the way. It is time for someone else to give it a go.

Comment

Hunter Pollack @PollackHunter

Single point of entry. Armed security. Protect our schools like we protect our airports and federal buildings.

Comment

There is no political solution to this problem. And a politician who campaigns on either side of this issue within hours of the incident should be looked at in a worse light than those caught in extra-marital affairs. Because I think it shows 100 times lower character.

There is evil in this world. There are hateful, forgotten people that have no moral compass or love shown to them, and they will always have the urge to do harm to other people in the most brutal way imaginable.

I am not saying that we shouldn't strive to make our kids safe, but we live in a country of 300+ million people. We live in a free society and 99.99% of the time we are safe and sound. But you can't legislate anomolies and tragedies out of life. And believing you can, and from a sleazy, corrupt politician to boot? Uh, unlikely. I don't know what the solution is, and I fear that there really isn't one.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Single point of entry. Armed security. Protect our schools like we protect our airports and federal buildings.
                    It could protect schools, but mass killings won’t be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      There is no political solution to this problem. And a politician who campaigns on either side of this issue within hours of the incident should be looked at in a worse light than those caught in extra-marital affairs. Because I think it shows 100 times lower character.

There is evil in this world. There are hateful, forgotten people that have no moral compass or love shown to them, and they will always have the urge to do harm to other people in the most brutal way imaginable.

I am not saying that we shouldn't strive to make our kids safe, but we live in a country of 300+ million people. We live in a free society and 99.99% of the time we are safe and sound. But you can't legislate anomolies and tragedies out of life. And believing you can, and from a sleazy, corrupt politician to boot? Uh, unlikely. I don't know what the solution is, and I fear that there really isn't one.
                      The best we can do is simply shrug our shoulders? It is a political problem in the sense that most first world countries don't face this same issue like we do in the United States. If you don't want to look for any solutions, that's your view but I would prefer to at least make an attempt to improve the safety for Americans. I agree no laws will prevent all of these tragedies but that doesn't mean that shrugging our shoulders and waiting for the next incident is all we can do. Red flag laws seem like a good place to start. We made it a whole 10 days between shootings with deaths topping 10 people who were just going about their daily lives. That isn't normal across the globe. The fact todays shooter could legally purchase military style rifles easier than a bottle of wine is something worth addressing.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post

The best we can do is simply shrug our shoulders? It is a political problem in the sense that most first world countries don't face this same issue like we do in the United States. If you don't want to look for any solutions, that's your view but I would prefer to at least make an attempt to improve the safety for Americans. I agree no laws will prevent all of these tragedies but that doesn't mean that shrugging our shoulders and waiting for the next incident is all we can do. Red flag laws seem like a good place to start. We made it a whole 10 days between shootings with deaths topping 10 people who were just going about their daily lives. That isn't normal across the globe. The fact todays shooter could legally purchase military style rifles easier than a bottle of wine is something worth addressing.
                        I agree with you that we should make it very hard for someone like this to legally get the weapons. Placing / enforcing laws making it more difficult to purchase along with more severe penalties to those who "legally' sell or allow access need to be in place and enforced. Look back over the last 15 years and find common denominators that laws / enforcement can be stiffened. However, as long as you have open borders, gangs on the streets, illegal purchases are most likely not that hard. I also believe that protests that become non-peaceful (screw "mostly peaceful"), should be immediately shut down by forceful, legal means. This is mostly to be an intentional show of legal force that this kind of behavior, as a group or individual, will not be tolerated.

Unfortunately, not all vile situations can be stopped and guns are only one means of doing them. There are over the top gun laws that can be enacted and enforced, but at a cost that could harm freedoms that could have severe damage and change our democracy to something that it will no longer be.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

100%. Rotate TWO armed U.S. soldiers every couple weeks from their enlisted company at said single point of entry. Add cameras (their cheap these days) around entire perimeter. Some f##ktard tries to breach the fence...the full weight of a military man or women has open season to take them out without question.

Dumbasses will learn very quickly not to screw with a school and the American people will be happy when the first dumbass attempts this atrocity and is taken out by the soldier. Amen.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I think an armed police officer in every school should be standard, but that's a decision for communities and schools to implement. I don't think a federal solution is attainable. I just think isolated people living in a society trying to be tracked and insulated from doing harm to others is not possible without a police state and violations of freedom that aren't going to happen. When the first response from the same actors is to make political hay and virtue-signal off the deaths of children, you know that is the wrong person to look to for a solution.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I thought, think, whatever, most Wichita area schools already have a single point of entry. I'm unsure if you have to call or buzz to be admitted, maybe someone can clarify.

Comment

Working...
                              X