General News in the 316

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The growth of medical facilities in Wichita continues

WBJ - Crestpoint, a new commercial development, is rising up in east Wichita

Crestpoint, located on the southeast corner of 127th and Central Avenue, broke ground on its first building in August, and it has a business lined up for the space.

Smiles Orthodontics will occupy 5,400 square feet of the 10,800 square-foot building, which is set for completion by mid-January, with the remaining square footage available for lease.

The overall development concept includes two more buildings, at 38,300 and 20,000 square feet. Those builds are planned to occur as additional tenants or buyers are lined up.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Some classic music heading back to Intrust this spring

KSN - Journey & Toto coming to Intrust Bank Arena on April 8

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — ’70s and ’80s rockers Journey are bringing their 50th-anniversary tour to Intrust Bank Arena on April 8.

They are celebrating the release of their first studio album in 10 years, “Freedom.” The album was released in July. They will be playing a selection of new tracks as well as their classic hits like “Don’t Stop Believin’,” “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” and “Faithfully.”

The band will be joined by their contemporaries Toto, known for their hits “Hold the Line,” “Rosanna,” and “Africa” Founder Steve Lukather and vocalist Joseph Williams, who joined in the mid-80s, have returned to front the band.
      Tickets go on sale Friday morning.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• KSN - Old Cowtown Museum hosting Hay, Hooves and Halloween

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — Celebrate Halloween at the Old Cowtown Museum during their Hay, Hooves and Haloween event.

The event is taking place from 2 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 23, at the Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 W. Museum Blvd.
        List of events in article.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Freddy's getting some national respect.

WBJ - Freddy's grabs No. 3 spot in publication's burger power rankings

On Friday, Los Angeles Times food columnist Lucas Kwan Peterson put Freddy's at No. 3 in his Fast-Food Burger Power Rankings.

"The smashburger-style place serves patties with pleasantly crisped-up edges and a smart, concise menu," Peterson writes. "Honestly, there are worse things we could be subjected to — the burgers at Freddy’s are very good."

The Freddy’s Original Double is the restaurant's "best burger," according to Peterson.

California-based Fatburger, which opened its first Wichita location this summer at 2556 N. Greenwich Road, topped the list.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Is Wellington in the metro? It is for this purpose.

WBJ - New aerospace manufacturer to hire 155 in Wellington

“We wanted to build our new company here because we knew there was a talented workforce already in place in this community,” said Scott Brown, president of Pinnacle Aerospace.

The company’s plant in Wellington will build hard metal components for commercial aerospace, general aviation and the defense and space industries.

The company’s hiring plans will include working with the nearby Cowley College Sumner Campus on workforce training.

According to a previous report from the Wellington Daily News, newly formed Pinnacle in August purchased the facilities and equipment of the TECT Aerospace operations in the town.
            This is a near $15M investment in Wellington. Good for them.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I can't read the Eagle article, but it appears that someone is stepping up to put on a St. Patrick's Parade on in Delano.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I can't read the Eagle article, but it appears that someone is stepping up to put on a St. Patrick's Parade on in Delano.
                Basically its a "neighborhood" effort by Delano business owners. Glad to see they are doing it!

"A group of Delano business people are starting the Delano Paddy Day Parade in March. They include, from left to right, Levi Iseman of InSite Real Estate Group; Monarch owner Jennifer Ray; InSite’s Jake Ramstack; Kary Taylor and Ron Knackstedt of Xclusive Events; and Lisa Slape of Slape & Howard."

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/business...#storylink=cpy
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• New chief straight out of Philly
                  Good luck finding a decent cheesesteak in Wichita wit or witout. Wichita has Nuway though.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...267512283.html

Last edited by Veritas; October 18, 2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Any updates on the Riverfront Legacy Masterplan?
                    Last legit update I read was about 30 months ago indicating a wait until Covid was under control.

Comment

• NuWay? Is that the pre-chewed hamburger place? My wife, a Wichita native, told me I had to try it. I tried it. Definitely not my thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        NuWay? Is that the pre-chewed hamburger place? My wife, a Wichita native, told me I had to try it. I tried it. Definitely not my thing.
                        “Crumbly tastes better”. It’s a free country, and people’s tastes often differ. But Nuway has been in business at West Douglas (original restaurant building) 92 years, since 1930. They have multiple locations in Wichita so their burgers, chili, and Root Beer are quite popular. More people evidently tend to agree with your wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          NuWay? Is that the pre-chewed hamburger place? My wife, a Wichita native, told me I had to try it. I tried it. Definitely not my thing.
                          I'm no fan of NuWay. It seems to be a place you either love or hate. I haven't had it in at least 25 years
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• WBJ - This new charcuterie business in Wichita wants to cater your next corporate event

Graze Craze, which offers artfully designed charcuterie boards and boxes, recently opened at 21st Street and Ridge Road in northwest Wichita, with another location coming soon to Cambridge Market at 21st and Webb on the northeast side of the city.

Kip and Kristy Hawkins are the franchisees behind the two locations.

“Charcuterie boards have been a staple in our household for over a decade,” Kristy Hawkins said in a news release. “Our family loves grazing and we’re so excited to share our passion and expertise with the local community through providing beautiful charcuterie boards to enhance any occasion.”

Graze Craze, the newest brand under United Franchise Group, has "grazing options fit for any occasion," with charcuterie boards and boxes featuring customizable food displays, including fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese, gourmet sweets and more. Individual boxes are sized for one, or a grazing board feeds a party of 10 or more.
                            This confirms the east side location I thought I remembered reading about.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Scheels preparing to start a hiring blitz early next year in preparation of their opening at Towne East

WBJ - Scheels plans to 'ramp up' Wichita store hiring in January

Lucas Hachmeister, the store leader for Scheels' upcoming Towne East Square location, said he expects the hiring push for the sports retailer's full-time openings to accelerate in January.

"That's when hiring will really ramp up and take off," said Hachmeister, who added he's made a few full-time hires so far.

Hachmeister, in a Tuesday conversation with the WBJ discussing news that Scheels is leasing space in the Garvey Center to support its training and hiring efforts in advance of its planned July 2023 store opening, said the company is still finalizing the breakdown of full-time and part-time employees it will have in Wichita. He expects around 150 of Scheels' approximately 450 new Wichita hires to be full-time positions.

Part-time employee hiring efforts are anticipated to increase in March, Hachmeister said.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Free event for the kids, and you can get a free tour as well if interested.

KSN - Riverfront Stadium hosting Wind Surge Spooktacular

The Halloween event is taking place on Saturday, Oct. 29, from 3 to 5 p.m.

Windy, Wind Surge’s mascot, will be in attendance to trick or treat alongside guests on the concourse.

Guests can also get a museum or ballpark tour.

A concession stand will be open and provide a limited number of items with a Halloween flavor. Restrooms will also be open for public use.

The event is open and free to the public.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X