Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Ugh can't wait for my kids to grow up so i can move to La Quinta
    The one at 96 and Greenwich?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The one at 96 and Greenwich?
      How about a cruise ship. It just moves away from storms and food is provided.

Comment

• Did not expect to wake up to snow.

Comment

• Reminds me of a scene from Twister…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tuesday has shown a signal (at Days 4 and 5) for possible severe weather next week.

Tues Svr.jpg

Big questions with this one are moisture return and whether it edges further east each day?
            Last edited by SB Shock; March 26, 2022, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn’t get your hopes up.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Three days out, and the signal is there. Not a high-end threat, just a small threat of least some lightning.

Tues Svr2.jpg

Comment

• The following is experimental charts with probabilities for hail and tornadoes

Tues Svr-All.jpg

For all Threats
                  Tues Svr-Hail.jpg

For Hail Threats

Tues Svr-Torn.jpg
                  For Tornado Threats

Comment

• The threat has shifted slightly to the east. The main tornado threat is shifted to OK.

Be watching where the dryline sets up. Right now the models are showing the dry line through wichita-salina. If this verifies tomorrow - then any threat will be east of Wichita. If the dryline is set up west of Wichita then there will be a larger threat of severe weather.

Tues Svr3.jpg

Comment

• Back to east of the turnpike
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Back to east of the turnpike
                        Maybe.

Short range Models showing some initiation (around 6-7pm) just to the west and over Wichita with the dry line a little to the west.

Strong cap make it more difficult to forecast. Big bust potential but also more discrete supercells if it breaks. Oklahoma will be more likely squall line.

Watch the dew point - that maybe the best indicator.

Comment

• Latest update moved the slight risk slightly west of wichita, consistent with model trends. Tornado threat went from 2% to 5%.

day1otlk_1630.gif
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Wichita NWS office as of this morning believe the action will be east of I35. It will be interesting to see in their early afternoon update if they stick with that or update their guidance.

Dryline resides west of Wichita. Dewpoint Hutchinson 52. St Johns 30. Dewpoints are not impressive as Wichita is sitting at 55. Looking at OK dewpoints, won't get much better as dewpoints are running 55-60 across the state. It is up approximately +20 from yesterday.

Comment

• Does anyone REALLY know what these maps mean? And living in Omaha, do these maps mean I'm in a similar weather situation as those of you in Wichita? Oh, Omaha is east of the turnpike.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• e41f4f8bd12f26dd91474a076483c48a.jpg
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X