Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    The YMCA took a direct hit. Lots of damage.

While people's homes and lives are being turned upside down five miles away...

"Here's son... stand in front of the tornado and smile."

#GreatPlainsLife
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; April 30, 2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Sorry it's so grainy. That's not zoomed in, my son's phone compressed it when he sent it. I have a killer video of it.
      LOL... is that you and your kid in the video above? Certainly the same basic spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

LOL... is that you and your kid in the video above? Certainly the same basic spot.
        Same parking lot but my kid is a lot older. I was probably standing 50 ft from that camera.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Thankfully it looks rather flaccid.
          I thought it looks more like a boomerang. Westside Wichita better watch out.

Comment

• Most recent reports on the path of the storm had damage all the way to 30th. For those unfamiliar with BuCo streets, I believe that's 53rd in SG. Benton stretches south to 40th and north a little beyond 20th. Storm path had the damage to the east of town but I'm not sure how far east as i.havent heard what N/S roads were in that path.

A lot of the Andover damage is around Prairie Creek Rd. which in Benton is essentially the western edge of town. Our eastern edge would be around Meadowlark. I'm guessing the path, based on some of the comments I've seen, was probably around Indianola which is a couple miles east of town and just west of Santa Fe Lake Rd. I haven't seen anything specific indicating it crossed Santa Fe but it's still possible.

I've also seen that the NWS has finished their initial assessments and have given a preliminary rating of EF-3 on this one. It wasn't exceptionally wide but it was destructive as hell.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I'm guessing the path, based on some of the comments I've seen, was probably around Indianola which is a couple miles east of town and just west of Santa Fe Lake Rd. I haven't seen anything specific indicating it crossed Santa Fe but it's still possible.
              One of my son's best buddy lives directly off of Santa Fe Lake Rd, way north, and he snapped a beautiful pic of it. The camera was aiming S.E. so it definitely had to cross at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

One of my son's best buddy lives directly off of Santa Fe Lake Rd, way north, and he snapped a beautiful pic of it. The camera was aiming S.E. so it definitely had to cross at some point.
                Which would mean it definitely ended up closer to Towanda
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Looks like it stayed further west than we both thought and it ended less than two miles from my small town and west of both Santa Fe and Indianola.
                    Attached Files
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Some of this is west of the turnpike
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The administrative and executive staff for the Greater Wichita YMCA should absolutely be patting themselves on the back. We've seen organizations repeatedly fail to deal with and execute severe weather plans. Not the Andover Y. They were clearly prepared, thought clearly in the moment, and got people where they needed to be.

It's the execution you dream of as a facilities manager, and they nailed it. Great job.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Looks like it stayed further west than we both thought and it ended less than two miles from my small town and west of both Santa Fe and Indianola.
                          Then that must be S.W.?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I thought it looks more like a boomerang. Westside Wichita better watch out.
                            Joking or serious?

Comment

• Andover is one place that doesn't mess around when it comes to tornadoes. That is probably what saved lives.

EF3 preliminary rating from NWS. That could change I suppose. Didn't look very big at first, but the wind took off.

Does anyone think tornadoes alley is shifting back home?

Comment

• Eee-gawds. Pray and hope everyone is okay back home. '91 still quite the memory for 'ole AZ Shocker. You guys stay safe!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X