No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went out last night around 8 p.m. Low 40's, I don't do cold well, so my fingers and toes started getting a little cold by the time I got my 18.5 miles in.

On the positive side, I can listen to the game tonight. On the negative side, I can only listen to the game b/c I don't want to sign up for Disney streaming so I can get ESPN+

Comment

• Weather was much better today...mid 50s but windy. As the temps go up, so do the miles. 16 today. Might have seen MD up by the spillway, not totally sure. It was a yellow bike in the parking lot up north and he was talking to someone....couldn't read if it was a Specialized and in Covid times I was NOT about to ride up to two complete strangers and call one of them a mad dog.

Last thing I needed before trying to bike back to work into the wind was ...

Got in 16 miles today so up to 109 for the month outdoors. (who doesn't love Chuck Norris??)

Comment

• Well JV, it could have been me. We launched from the Big Arkansas River park (spillway?) about 2:00 and rode down to the John Mac Bridge and got back around 4:00. Definitely some milling around the cars before and after the ride. If the guy you saw had a long sleeve white bike jersey, it was probably me.

Comment

• BTW, my buddy I was riding with today is who I sit with at the games and definitely reads Shockernet (although i don’t think he posts). I know he reads this thread and is familiar with you guys. We were discussing MVJ’s metallurgy thread on the ride today.

Comment

• Two days riding outside this week, it was awesome! Ran, snow and wind moved in today...
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

So... be thankful you don't live in Africa?
              What on earth??? Did you guys just ignore this video thinking it wasn't real or was I one of the 14M who haven't seen it yet? I was absolutely terrified while watching it lol. It felt like I was watching prehistoric man (on bikes) trying to escape a dinosaur. Had NO idea this wild feathered beast could ever act in such a sustained hostile manner. Or was it just having fun? They can hit 45MPH btw...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

What on earth??? Did you guys just ignore this video thinking it wasn't real or was I one of the 14M who haven't seen it yet? I was absolutely terrified while watching it lol. It felt like I was watching prehistoric man (on bikes) trying to escape a dinosaur. Had NO idea this wild feathered beast could ever act in such a sustained hostile manner. Or was it just having fun? They can hit 45MPH btw...
                Enjoyed the hell out of the video. I refuse to bike outside of the United States or Canada. Its a jungle out there.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• That reminded me of the video of that guy that was being stalked by the mountain lion on the hiking trail. I think thats somewhere in this thread about 30 pages back.

Comment

• Doing an inside ride tonight. Probably a virtual 30. ******* canceled school tomorrow because of expected snow, ice and high winds. I guess I'll ride inside tomorrow as well. Tomorrow is arm day at the gym. Gotta get the guns back in shape.

Comment

• Okay, now the weather gurus are predicting blizzard conditions tomorrow. Sustained winds above 20 mph, gusts to 50. I guess we're having Chili for dinner. Biking is indoors and everybody knocks boots during a snowstorm!
                      Screenshot_20210114-180628_WeatherBug.jpg

Comment

• 25.3 on Saturday and Sunday. Averaged over 15 on both.

Need to get out again today.......rain is moving in. Would like to do another 25, but I'm kinda' sore (especially my midsection), so I'll just try to hit at least 22 and take it a little easy today.

On the positive side, they lowered rain chances for Thursday, which ought to help me get my 'normal' Thursday night ride in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          Okay, now the weather gurus are predicting blizzard conditions tomorrow. Sustained winds above 20 mph, gusts to 50. I guess we're having Chili for dinner. Biking is indoors and everybody knocks boots during a snowstorm!
                          The knocking boots part is about the only think I miss about cold weather and snow.

Comment

• 37 miles in the last three rides. Weather has been very uncooperative. Saturday, COLD but not too windy, Sunday MORNING ride (37 degrees) COLD and 15-20 mph winds (wind chill near 29) (wife was scheduled to donate blood at 1:45 so we rode AM, blech!), and today, upper 40s but (again) nasty windy (15-20). 146 for the month. Highlight (today) was riding Amidon along Simm park golf course with the wind at the back at 28 mph. The posted speed limit is 30. Can't hold that speed for long in the winter even with a tailwind....I prefer hot weather bicycling.

Comment

• Plans are firmed up to ride the Redbud Thursday afternoon. It’s supposed to be mid 50’s with the all important light winds. I’ll leave that cold windy crap to JV, and continue on with my three times a week cycling class, and outdoor riding, weather permitting.

Comment

• I got out for another 23+ on Monday, that gave me 73.5 for the weekend. Yesterday (my normal riding day) was rainy, today is cold. It looks like after today, the temperatures will be more conducive, but there is a threat of rain every day through Monday.

I'm close to 200 for the month, I should hit 300 if the weather cooperates. That might be iffy.

Comment

Working...
                                X