Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    Last couple of days at work have been brutal hectic. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd........like 29 degrees yesterday....24 right now, light flurries....wind chill ridiculous.

Having had children who were swimmers, I may be the only one who gets this. But yeah, its a thing, and its cold.

Sorry it was so cold up there the last few days. We were in the mid-70's this weekend. I rode 47 miles, ended up with a little over 90 for the week and over 299 for the month.

Comment

• Not sure about cycling, but I have used Garmin Forerunner watches for running since 2009ish. Well recently I decided to buy a cheap off-brand GPS watch ... Amazfit T-Rex, and I am honestly pleasantly surprised. It is super lightweight, the GPS is reliable and solid, and it syncs to strava.com. One annoying thing about it is it does not have an "intervals" function (which is a little mind blowing), but for a $110 it's really actually very good. One other annoying thing about it was the setup -- it was long and more complicated than necessary. But it has a very good heart rate monitor, sleep analysis, and lots of other stuff I haven't explored. It does have a cycling function, but that's for people with bad knees. It also has a killer battery life so far. The strap is super rubbery and very lightweight -- actually WAY better than my Garmin straps.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        But it has a very good heart rate monitor.
        Than the rumor about you is totally erroneous...good to hear!!!

Comment

• Woke up to a bright orange ball in the sky, which could only mean one thing after a hectic 56 hour work week last week. Got stuck at 180 outdoor miles for the month of January, which is (I think) about 135 miles more than I got last January. Total mileage from October 2019-January 2021 is 1090.

I made sure February got off to a good start. Got in 17 miles on day 1 of Feb along the river. May have been chilly at 50 degrees, but the sun was shining and there was little to no wind, so I wouldn't have noticed. Had a big smile on my face when I got back so wife said "must be nice out, you look happy....and you were supposed to be back a half hour ago."

Comment

• Quick ride today as work is still pretty busy. Got in 13. 30 for the month now. Gotta get them in now, weather after Friday/Saturday looks bad. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

• It wasn't just Friday/Saturday. But that was a nice thought. I survived the almost-meltdown of our electrical grid in Texas without any power loss, hoping you are all warm and dry and waiting for the opportunity to ride again.

Mine looks like Sunday.

Comment

• 40 degrees one day next week. Will get a ride in. Unfortunately, we have a boatload of snow, I check the trails out daily, they look treacherous.

I did 200 squats at the gym yesterday, legs are NOT in riding shape.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Guessing this thread is about to get a bump.

Comment

• Not going out on a limb there are you.

Comment

• Wife and I are off tomorrow. Was scouting the trails today as its in the 40's. Plow was out today. Gonna do 20-25 tomorrow! Yeah, we got another 4-5 inches yesterday, was only supposed to get an inch. IMG_20210222_163337.jpg
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The sh!t is melting fast!

Comment

• 15.5 miles today. Wow. Beautiful out here. Snow is gone. 60 degrees. Sunny. Windy. Plenty of ice and snow in the river, but bike paths are good to go. Legs were just OK, but I was really just about enjoying my time. I can feel it (now) in my arms and shoulders, they will be a little sore this week. Actual winter weather killed this month, I'm only 45 for the month. Tomorrow looks very nice.

My apologies to anyone living in Nebraska. Looks brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Not going out on a limb there are you.
                            Went out on the bike paths, and they were filled with other cyclists, scooters, skateboards, walkers, photographers, musicians and joggers who have had their fill of winter weather locally.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Wife and I are off tomorrow. Was scouting the trails today as its in the 40's. Plow was out today. Gonna do 20-25 tomorrow! Yeah, we got another 4-5 inches yesterday, was only supposed to get an inch. IMG_20210222_163337.jpg
                              Did your wife say, “where’s the 8 inches you promised me last night?”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

My apologies to anyone living in Nebraska. Looks brutal.
                                Its not brutal, just a bunch of snow. The 24 below crap was brutal, but that was short lived. 50 degrees tomorrow, hitting it hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X