Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I can't imagine not being locked in. I fell three times learning, now its just natural. I use spa's and mtn bike shoes rather than road shoes, much better for walking.
    Absolutely, that is due to the cleats being recessed.

BTW, nice to hear from you, MVJ, how is your trainer working out for you?

Comment

• This thread is disgusting.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Absolutely, that is due to the cleats being recessed.

BTW, nice to hear from you, MVJ, how is your trainer working out for you?
        Trainer is awesome! On another note, its been warm enough the last few days to melt most of the snow. This morning I sent the kids out to pick up a month's worth of dog **** before the snow tomorrow. Kids weren't happy, me and the dog were.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Who wants to do 30 with me? 20201229_122954.jpg
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Who wants to do 30 with me? 20201229_122954.jpg
            Depends....which gym are we going to?

or

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

That's about the only thing interesting about the Texans. As far as the FB team goes, I went back to rooting for the Chiefs several seasons ago. I feel really bad for JJ Watt, who will probably never sniff a SuperBowl, unless he's traded. JJ has done so much for the City of Houston and is a hero in my (and most people's) eyes.

Comment

Who wants to do 30 with me? 20201229_122954.jpg
                If it makes you feel any better, they're supposed to get 3" of snow in Del Rio Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

If Wolfman Jack was still alive and working at XERF, he'd be freezing his huevos off.

Comment

Trainer is awesome! On another note, its been warm enough the last few days to melt most of the snow. This morning I sent the kids out to pick up a month's worth of dog **** before the snow tomorrow. Kids weren't happy, me and the dog were.
                  That made me laugh soooo hard! Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to try to get out for a short ride tonight, but it seems like the rain is going to visit Houston a little early.

Comment

• 12.4 miles yesterday, 307 for the month, 3275 for the year. Raining here today, and it's going to get cold. I may go out NYE, but will probably take a day off and ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                      12.4 miles yesterday, 307 for the month, 3275 for the year. Raining here today, and it's going to get cold. I may go out NYE, but will probably take a day off and ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
                      Congrats on the mileage. Weather turned super sour here and so I got stuck on 255 for December. Still, 910 miles for the 1st quarter of my new cycling year (Oct -Dec 2020). My bicycling year runs from October 1 through September 30 of the following year. (so Oct 2020-Sept 2021 will be my next "year".)

I had set a goal of 5,000 miles for the next year, but based on the (almost 1,000) I got in this first quarter, I think it may end up a bit higher.

Here's to hoping we all get "good mileage" out of the coming year. I think most are ready to put 2020 in the rear view mirror.

Comment

Congrats on the mileage. Weather turned super sour here and so I got stuck on 255 for December. Still, 910 miles for the 1st quarter of my new cycling year (Oct -Dec 2020). My bicycling year runs from October 1 through September 30 of the following year. (so Oct 2020-Sept 2021 will be my next "year".)

I had set a goal of 5,000 miles for the next year, but based on the (almost 1,000) I got in this first quarter, I think it may end up a bit higher.

Here's to hoping we all get "good mileage" out of the coming year. I think most are ready to put 2020 in the rear view mirror.

Absolutely, and you are a trooper for persisting in your cold winters. I would not have rode nearly as far as you have. Dry weather seems to help with the lower temperatures, but my lower limit is much higher than yours is. It probably has something to do with old age.

By the way, it's about 50 (perhaps even high 40's) and raining here, so I made the right call. It will be upper 50's and clear tomorrow, so I'm going to bundle up and try to get 25 miles in on Friday and Saturday, and hope for the best on Sunday so I can get 2021 off to a fast start.

Comment

• You guys suck.

Comment

• Kind of wanted to get a good start on the New Year....not sure how best to approach.....any ideas?

Maybe bicycle behind a snowplow???? Hope all are well and welcome to the New Year!

Comment

• You guys are animals.

Comment

Kind of wanted to get a good start on the New Year....not sure how best to approach.....any ideas?

Maybe bicycle behind a snowplow???? Hope all are well and welcome to the New Year!
                                Welcome to my world. Been snow since Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X