Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I freaking had the best ride with my wife, ever! Woke up to 18 mph winds and a commitment to riding with her. There was no way I could tow her 10 miles in a wind gusting to 30.

I'd like to say Ixm smart enough to troubleshoot the problem, but she did it for me. We had my son drop us off at the start of the trail and we rode with the wind the whole way! Made my son pick us up at the end.

My wife slowed me way down, three stops because she was hot, not tired, but that was okay. This would normally be right around an hour, less with the wind. But it was nice spending time with her, easiest peddling of the year, we're headed to the pool, then take out. I might even get laid tonight!
    Screenshot_20200718-153134_MapMyRide.jpg
    You only rode ONE DIRECTION????!!!!

and now....

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I freaking had the best ride with my wife, ever! Woke up to 18 mph winds and a commitment to riding with her. There was no way I could tow her 10 miles in a wind gusting to 30.

I'd like to say Ixm smart enough to troubleshoot the problem, but she did it for me. We had my son drop us off at the start of the trail and we rode with the wind the whole way! Made my son pick us up at the end.

My wife slowed me way down, three stops because she was hot, not tired, but that was okay. This would normally be right around an hour, less with the wind. But it was nice spending time with her, easiest peddling of the year, we're headed to the pool, then take out. I might even get laid tonight!
      Screenshot_20200718-153134_MapMyRide.jpg
      I always took the lead and had my lady friends draft off of me. That can work, too, if she's fairly fast. Plus you get a good workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I always took the lead and had my lady friends draft off of me. That can work, too, if she's fairly fast. Plus you get a good workout.
        Didn't you guys learn anything growing up? Its always best to let the girl lead, EVEN IF SHE'S GOING SLOW. Think of your workout as a slow burn. It may take longer to get there, but you can just admire, ya know, the scenery and stuff.

Comment

• only 90 degrees when I got back from my ride today. Probably headed higher but not too bad. Got in 27 miles and ran out of water 2 miles from home. Hate that!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Didn't you guys learn anything growing up? Its always best to let the girl lead, EVEN IF SHE'S GOING SLOW. Think of your workout as a slow burn. It may take longer to get there, but you can just admire, ya know, the scenery and stuff.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• John's chain problems must be contagious.......

On Thursday night, I got stuck in my binding and when trying to get out, knocked the chain off, it got in a knot, I bent it, the chain gave.

2300 miles on that chain......time to get a new chain.

I took the bike to the LBS and had them check/confirm.

11 miles slow Thursday.
              11 miles easy Friday.
              25.37 miles @ 15.1 (1:40).

Comment

• Coronavirus pandemic gives new momentum to bike rides, local trails across USA

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...um/5434741002/

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Coronavirus pandemic gives new momentum to bike rides, local trails across USA

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...um/5434741002/

Actually, I would NOT recommend the back and forth motion the two individuals are doing while riding a bicycle. You will actually be more prone to a tube blowout (if you have tubes).

Comment

• This (above) is OK, especially on an ebike.

This (below) is not.

Comment

• Comment

• Tried a new route today... the five town route. Started at Chisholm Creek Park in Wichita, then headed north through Bel Aire, continuing north to Kechi, west to Park City, and finally to Valley Center. Took 101st street back to Oliver, then south the rest of the way on Oliver. Total of 28 miles.

If you haven’t ridden 101st east of Valley Center, I highly recommend it. Beautiful surface, light traffic, and no stop signs or lights. A joy to ride that stretch of road. I can also say the same for Oliver from 101st south to Kechi.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                          Tried a new route today... the five town route. Started at Chisholm Creek Park in Wichita, then headed north through Bel Aire, continuing north to Kechi, west to Park City, and finally to Valley Center. Took 101st street back to Oliver, then south the rest of the way on Oliver. Total of 28 miles.

If you haven’t ridden 101st east of Valley Center, I highly recommend it. Beautiful surface, light traffic, and no stop signs or lights. A joy to ride that stretch of road. I can also say the same for Oliver from 101st south to Kechi.
                          Used to ride that A LOT back in the day. I can't recall it exactly, but somewhere out in that area around Kechi/Heights High School between Hillside and Oliver (?) there's a fairly decent climb (IIRC) on 53rd street or 45th street? I would be pretty cautious about it these days, but back in the day when summers in Wichita used to hit 104 it was a lot of fun.

Comment

• I know that hill your talking about. I think it’s on 53rd between Oliver and Hillside. I didn’t ride it today, but as I recall it is huge. I remember coasting down that thing at 30 mph. You need to go revisit it and let us know how it goes. I’m too old to mess with that beast

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                              Tried a new route today... the five town route. Started at Chisholm Creek Park in Wichita, then headed north through Bel Aire, continuing north to Kechi, west to Park City, and finally to Valley Center. Took 101st street back to Oliver, then south the rest of the way on Oliver. Total of 28 miles.

I'm on the sidelines for a few days.....got a little too aggressive removing a callous off the bottom of my foot and now taking a few days off (until the soreness wears off). The good news here is that we've cooled off a bit (but the humidity is up) and we should be getting some rain off the gulf this weekend.

And it will be the 1st of August soon.....only about a month of real hot weather left. I remember I rode 17 miles in Houston on the hottest day they ever had....110 degrees. Early September. It would seem like while we could get another burst of really hot weather, the clock is running out on summer.

I need to start shopping for a light. The days will be getting noticeably shorter soon.

Comment

• Got 20 in this morning. Nice morning to ride... kind of humid but not too hot. Rode with one of my hiking buddies (the new cyclist with the Huffy bike) who I’ve been bike riding with all summer. He just got back yesterday afternoon from hiking two 14ers in Colorado last week. Interestingly he told me that all the biking has really helped his hiking. He said that after coming down a 14er his knees generally would hurt, but since he started biking, no problems! I can confirm as he was flying between 16-18 mph on the K96 path and I could barely keep up with him (probably only due to the constant stopping and starting on that path), so I’m guessing biking really is helping.

Comment

Working...
                                X