Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

This post is pure drivel and fear mongering.

“Word on the street”

”two patients in NJ”
    You must’ve not been around Shockernet that long. That type of behavior is not associated with this guy.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

“When you look at the history of coronaviruses — the common coronaviruses that cause the common cold — the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that’s protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year,” he said last month. “That’s not a lot of durability and protection.” - Dr. Fauci

You're going to overrule the good doctor I presume?

For what it's worth, he has said this:

Unfortunately, if you look at the issue logically, and take into account what we know so far - Dr. Fauci himself stating that Coronavirus protective antibodies are likely short-lived - one should draw the conclusion that some cases of reinfection are a possibility if not a certainty depending on the level of circulating infections in the community.

T

The conclusion that should be drawn is that this is a novel virus and we don’t know how long the immunity will last, nor do we know how long the virus will be around. Not should conclude, not possibly, not likely, not certainty.

We don’t know, and you’re just making **** up.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Wait, you’re saying an Elton John YouTube clip isn’t a worthy, valid response?
        I watched the link and the premise you were trying to convey off a 3rd grade narrated soundbite from god-knows-where regarding all the car wrecks or cliff divers in America that happened to also come up positive with Covid are listed as Covid deaths somehow implying that most of the Covid deaths in America were actually from something other than Covid is absurd and Fake News.

The truth is, there are more Covid deaths than currently listed. I could support that statement with loads of facts, but I assume it will be a waste of time. I do believe I've addressed it already as well so scroll up. Excess deaths over normal yearly deaths during outbreaks, 300% higher DOA 911 calls during NYC outbreak, etc. etc.

You're way out of your league in this discussion and digging up conspiracy theory soundbites or alien sightings is not worth my time. If you truly have an honest question and want to learn something I may address it. But my pay grade is way above answering every little retarded snipe aimed my direction. In fact, the time it took me to address this ridiculous link has delayed me from further educating/entertaining the message board membership. So for that, you owe Kung 3 cents.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The conclusion that should be drawn is that this is a novel virus and we don’t know how long the immunity will last, nor do we know how long the virus will be around. Not should conclude, not possibly, not likely, not certainty.

We don’t know, and you’re just making **** up.
          This particular coronavirus is novel, but coronaviruses in general are not novel. We've known about them since the 60's.

Let me direct you again to the good doctor for a quote:

“When you look at the history of coronaviruses — the common coronaviruses that cause the common cold — the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that’s protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year,” he said last month. “That’s not a lot of durability and protection.” - Dr. Fauci
          Therefore - and I will requote my earlier statement:

Unfortunately, if you look at the issue logically, and take into account what we know so far - Dr. Fauci himself stating that Coronavirus protective antibodies are likely short-lived - one should draw the conclusion that some cases of reinfection are a possibility if not a certainty depending on the level of circulating infections in the community.
          Deductive reasoning. Logica perfecta.

Your move.

P.S. There is also the tiny detail of the Harvard educated doctor actually witnessing a patient go through two symptomatic episodes separated by 3 months... but why mess with silly facts when we can just say, "THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!"

Original article and doctor's bio:

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/12/213216...-herd-immunity

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 12, 2020, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...working-memory

The study found a link between working memory and social distancing, and subjects -- noting more benefits than costs -- with higher levels of fluid intelligence, fairness and agreeableness followed the new rules of social distancing compliance, the study found.

“The decision of whether or not to follow social distancing guidelines is a difficult one, especially when there is a conflict between the societal benefits (e.g., prevent straining public health resources) and personal costs (e.g., loss in social connection and financial challenges). This decision critically relies on our mental capacity in retaining multiple pieces of potentially conflicting information in our head, which is referred to as working memory capacity,” study author Weizhen Xie (Zane) told PsyPost.
            This article is going to get me in trouble lol.

I can already feel the smoldering heat.

T

Comment

• My question is why is it so hard to find data on deaths of people who had no underlying medical conditions whatsoever? If someone has stage 4 cancer and they contract Covid-19 and they count that death as Covid related, it is a total crock of sh!t.

42% of deaths nationwide have come from nursing homes. Again, this is not being reported.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ing-homes.html

Comment

• Cold, since you see yourself as a Ben Shapiro clone (which is a complete joke), you will love this article. Ha. He is spot on as usual.

https://www.daily-journal.com/opinio...0409247bf.html

Comment

• Hospitalizations in Sedgwick County took a big jump from 31 to 54 -- and so did ICU bed usage, as expected. There's only 8 ICU beds available out of 35 in the county at this time, which is no bueno. This is not the time to risk getting sick.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Hospitalizations in Sedgwick County took a big jump from 31 to 54 -- and so did ICU bed usage, as expected. There's only 8 ICU beds available out of 35 in the county at this time, which is no bueno. This is not the time to risk getting sick.
                    Amazing that we haven’t had a Covid death since June 25th.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You just wait, they are coming. It's the lag you know.

Comment

Yeah we have been fortunate until about two weeks ago. But it's looking like it's our turn. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an uptick in deaths in the next two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You just wait, they are coming. It's the lag you know.
                          Are you saying there won't be any in the next two weeks?

Comment

Are you saying there won't be any in the next two weeks?
                            Nope. Not what I am saying at all.

Are you saying there will be hundreds? Thousands?

Comment

Hospitalizations in Sedgwick County took a big jump from 31 to 54 -- and so did ICU bed usage, as expected. There's only 8 ICU beds available out of 35 in the county at this time, which is no bueno. This is not the time to risk getting sick.
                              And with that "new knowledge" wouldn't it be great if those who are now concerned could enter a time machine and erase all the risky behavior they had been engaging in over the last two weeks?

Realizing the hospitals are full is too late.

#lilypads

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Cold, since you see yourself as a Ben Shapiro clone (which is a complete joke), you will love this article. Ha. He is spot on as usual.

https://www.daily-journal.com/opinio...0409247bf.html
                                Ben is a reasonable fella. He's got a great mind. He's not afflicted by Groupthink. Whenever I'm listening to his radio show, I find myself agreeing with much of his commentary. We also share a few other traits that help to engender a bond of sorts. Not the nerdiness...

T

Comment

Working...
                                X