Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    So one must assume all of those other countries are still on lockdown and wearing masks 24 hours a day, correct?

Still waiting for the death rate to jump as we're now into week 3 of the alleged "spike".
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So one must assume all of those other countries are still on lockdown and wearing masks 24 hours a day, correct?

Still waiting for the death rate to jump as we're now into week 3 of the alleged "spike".
      The country by country comparos have got to be relatively useless. Just way, WAY too much variation in testing, reporting, and various levels of honesty fighting against PR shaping.

If we are blindly assuming the stats are equally legit, then Spain's herd immunity says hi.

Comment

• How is this for idiotic. The illustrious Governor of California has banned singing in churches and going to the beach, but yet still nothing about protests (even large scale ones). Makes sense right...?

Comment

• I can't keep up with the misinformation in this thread...

Here's a prediction for ya: I suspect the mathematical gymnastics in this thread will accelerate at nearly the same rate as hospitalizations across the U.S.

Lemme see if I can address some points really quickly:

1) Don't throw your masks away after use. Keep one in your car for shopping trips. The heat and time will sterilize it enough. If you work in a Covid unit at a hospital, throw your mask away. I have never thrown one of my masks away yet.

2) Gloves are helpful in that they act as a second layer of skin - they also protect areas where virus like to hide like under your fingernails. If you have skin problems you are more susceptible to infection than folks with healthy skin. Wear the gloves and disinfect
          occasionally while shopping for an extra layer of protection (on your goods). Toss the gloves when leaving the store, load the grocery sacks into your trunk and disinfect your hands again. Storing non-perishables in your trunk for a day in this heat will effectively sterilize them. No need to put them in your cabinets for a day or two.

3) There is no indication that "hot spot" testing versus "normal testing" is contributing to an increase in infection rates (lol). Every medical professional worth their salt agrees that the acceleration in infections we are experiencing is real and not a statistical error/manipulation. And nobody is adding positive antibody tests and viral infection tests together... that would be absurd lol. They are completely different tests which are administered, analyzed, and recorded separately. It isn't easy to get a hold of a serology test either.

4) The graphical data that I recently posted is from John Hopkins.

5) Limiting singing in a church (or even church gatherings) is a very good idea because....... we literally have a case study where a choir created a super-spreader event (52 of the 60 singers (or 86.7%) became infected and they were not shaking hands or hugging). It's not because infectious disease experts hate God. Outdoor rallies are magnitudes safer than going inside a building (i.e. church) and sitting next to people in limited air circulation for an hour. Why don't the churches rent tents and have revivals like the old days. Why keep wanting to go indoors and testing "God's will"? Sounds a lot like the rattlesnake churches where the membership pass around snakes to prove God's protection over them. "Do not test the lord thy God" aka do not assemble inside buildings in the middle of a pandemic.

6) Trump is now going to have a rally outside, which is what he should have done all along. They really don't have a single person in his administration with the foresight and intelligence of a CB? Sad.

7) The virus appears to have mutated so it is anywhere between 3x and 9x more infectious. It's said it isn't more deadly per se, but the act of being more infectious implies more infections, thus more deaths so... do the math and Do. Not. Congregate.

T

Comment

• My point wasn't that they shouldn't ban singing, my point was that they are awfully selective on what they are banning...reading comprehension my friend. Still no mention of protests.

Comment

• At the beginning of June, there were just over 400 new cases per week per million population. At the end of June there were just under 1,000 new cases per week per million population.

Either we had bad data at the beginning of June, which compromised our ability to make informed decisions, or the chances of someone catching the virus from an infected person increased significantly during the month of June.

No matter how you look at it, how it's spun, or what specific stats are picked to demonstrate a point, the overall goal should be to reduce the ability of the virus to spread. An apparent doubling of the capability of the virus to spread over a one-month time frame is meaningful. If we repeat the pattern from June this month, we will be looking at around 1,500 new cases per week per million at the end of July. Then if we stay on the same course through August, we might be seeing 3,000 new cases per week per million.

The simple fact is that if there are more people spreading the virus, then more people will get it.

I believe medical treatments are better now than they were in March and April. A lower death rate and a lower hospitalization rate is a good thing, but until we get some level of control over the spread, our economy and the health of the nation will be damaged. The reluctance of Americans to follow the advice of the medical and scientific communities has damaged our response.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                My point wasn't that they shouldn't ban singing, my point was that they are awfully selective on what they are banning...reading comprehension my friend. Still no mention of protests.
                Reread my post. And never address CB's reading comprehension again. Talk about living dangerously...

Hint: I comparison/contrasted indoor churching with outdoor rallies (protests).

T

Comment

but until we get some level of control over the spread, our economy and the health of the nation will be damaged. The reluctance of Americans to follow the advice of the medical and scientific communities has damaged our response.
                  The economy has already been unnecessarily damaged.

Maybe it is just me or where I live but is there really that much non-compliance and lack of following social distancing and mask wearing in particular? Here is San Diego, I see those rules being followed very strictly.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Reread my post. And never address CB's reading comprehension again. Talk about living dangerously...

Hint: I comparison/contrasted indoor churching with outdoor rallies (protests).

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

T

Comment

At the beginning of June, there were just over 400 new cases per week per million population. At the end of June there were just under 1,000 new cases per week per million population.

Either we had bad data at the beginning of June, which compromised our ability to make informed decisions, or the chances of someone catching the virus from an infected person increased significantly during the month of June.

No matter how you look at it, how it's spun, or what specific stats are picked to demonstrate a point, the overall goal should be to reduce the ability of the virus to spread. An apparent doubling of the capability of the virus to spread over a one-month time frame is meaningful. If we repeat the pattern from June this month, we will be looking at around 1,500 new cases per week per million at the end of July. Then if we stay on the same course through August, we might be seeing 3,000 new cases per week per million.

The simple fact is that if there are more people spreading the virus, then more people will get it.

I believe medical treatments are better now than they were in March and April. A lower death rate and a lower hospitalization rate is a good thing, but until we get some level of control over the spread, our economy and the health of the nation will be damaged. The reluctance of Americans to follow the advice of the medical and scientific communities has damaged our response.
                        We had bad data and have bad data. Multiple cases in McPherson are presumed positive and reported despite negative tests. That’s just one county. What are the numbers ware masks should be worn and when they shouldn’t? What’s the hospital capacity numbers we should be worried about?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Cold, a lot of your premises have been based off of mainstream media doomwishers. So yes, your projections and takes are flawed. The fact that a guy that likes to brag about his superior wit has been duped so easily is humbling.

Again, there’s no denying there’s a disease out there. It’s extent, thus far, has been manipulated at best.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 6, 2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              1) Don't throw your masks away after use. Keep one in your car for shopping trips. The heat and time will sterilize it enough. ... I have never thrown one of my masks away yet.
                              Gross!! Don't change your underwear either, I heard on Twitter that the stank in 'em can kill the bacteria growing in your mask.

---

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              3) There is no indication that "hot spot" testing versus "normal testing" is contributing to an increase in infection rates (lol). Every medical professional worth their salt agrees that the acceleration in infections we are experiencing is real and not a statistical error/manipulation.
                              Wellllll, except the highest ranking medical professional in the state of California understands EXACTLY how caseloads are no longer relevant due to increased and targeted testing:

Dr. Mark Ghaly, the state’s secretary of Health and Human Services, said Friday that overall case counts are not necessarily a measure of how the state is faring in its fight against the novel coronavirus. Increased testing can drive up the number of cases as more infections are identified among those who are not seriously ill.
                              ---

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              And nobody is adding positive antibody tests and viral infection tests together... that would be absurd lol. They are completely different tests which are administered, analyzed, and recorded separately. It isn't easy to get a hold of a serology test either.
                              Yeaaaah, except the CDC actually did that. Whether they are still doing it, and whether the numbers have been adjusted, I have no idea. It's all worthless data at this point anyway.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Cold, a lot of your premises have been based off of mainstream media doomwishers. So yes, your projections and takes are flawed. The fact that a guy that likes to brag about his superior wit has been duped so easily is humbling.

Again, there’s no denying there’s a disease out there. It’s extent, thus far, has been manipulated at best.
                                I think a part of it is his nosophobia.
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X