No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am concerned about how we keep the spread down at indoor mass gatherings. That seems legit. Hopefully the hospitalization and mortality rates remain ridiculously small.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Indeed. Kansas is "under control" for the moment. But you would agree would you not sir, that we have the potential to get out of control? I mean, the same virus that has humbled a dozen or more countries around the globe and the greatest city in America could certainly humble good ol' Doodah, right? We don't have a special protection over our fair town do we? It's up to each one of us to act as little shields for our community by not allowing ourselves to get infected. So what methodology would be the safest without totally crippling our country? I say the following:

1) Wear a mask when out in public places (not required outdoors) and attempt to stay 6ft away from others.

This means no indoor dining, clubbing, etc.

Restaurants and clubs must serve their patrons outside. And yes, we need to legalize drinking outside.

I don't know about sporting events. Of course everybody has to wear a mask but they'll take it off if there are refreshments.

T

Overall , I do not agree with our statement. Taking caution, like masks, and space distancing doesn't hurt. But I have yet to see data to indicate it matters. 75 people die every die in Kansas, prior to COVID. And let me repeat the 67% of positive test are in to concentrated areas: prisons and meat packing.

Kansas is opening up obviously, which is good and there is a lot of self regulation. We don't have any govt revenue, especially at the state and local level, unless folks are buying and selling things.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Let me attempt to clarify the premise of your not-so-subtle argument for you if you'll allow me.

1) Sedgwick county has not seen a wave of emergency admissions

Therefore;

2) All this hubbub over Covid-19 is hogwash; it's not that infectious/dangerous

Therefore;

3) I do not need to social distance or practice simple prophylactic behaviors and I will troll CB until my fingers bleed.

Does that summarize things succinctly?

Here's reality:

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/12/...ases-on-europe

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...us-spanish-flu

T

Those are stupid straw man arguments - you are better than that. Make your case.

Comment

• Some perspective:

Currently, you are 3.5x more likely to hit a deer in Sedgwick County, than you are to be hospitalized with coronavirus.

So far, 0.02% of the Sedgwick County population has been admitted to a hospital since March 15. (118 people out of 516,000).
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Some perspective:

Currently, you are 3.5x more likely to hit a deer in Sedgwick County, than you are to be hospitalized with coronavirus.

So far, 0.02% of the Sedgwick County population has been admitted to a hospital since March 15. (118 people out of 516,000).
            How many people have hit a deer?
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Some perspective:

Of those that hit a deer, how many had to be hospitalized? Compare that to those that had COVID-19 and had to be hospitalized.

Comment

• Libtards want to see everyone wearing a mask and practicing social distancing as much as possible. This would virtually eliminate the virus in 3 to 6 weeks. There would still be pockets of outbreaks, but they would be small and testing could find and isolate them quickly to minimize spread.

Conservatives want to reopen everything to get the economy going again, but resist using masks and social distancing.

The libtard approach would achieve the conservative goals. The conservative approach is the worst possible way to achieve their goals.

It seems to me that those who want to see the economy back up and running and getting people off unemployment and back to their jobs, and want to see small businesses stay in business...It seems those people would be the ones shouting the loudest that everyone should be wearing a mask. Wearing a mask is the best way to achieve those goals.

Protesting against wearing a mask is like protesting against having insurance on your car. Vehicle insurance is based on the very small possibility that you might have an accident and cause damage to someone that they can't afford to pay. There is a very small possibility you will pass CV to someone, but if you do, they may have medical expenses beyond their ability to pay.

I think this is the first time in my life where I've seen the libtards endorsing something that would guarantee the success of the conservative agenda, and conservatives pursuing an agenda that would minimize their chances of achieving their goals.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

How many people have hit a deer?
                  A little over 400 / year

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Of those that hit a deer, how many had to be hospitalized? Compare that to those that had COVID-19 and had to be hospitalized.
                    29 injured in 400+ accidents
                    25 deaths of 118 hospitalized (so far)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Libtards want to see everyone wearing a mask and practicing social distancing as much as possible. This would virtually eliminate the virus in 3 to 6 weeks. There would still be pockets of outbreaks, but they would be small and testing could find and isolate them quickly to minimize spread.

Conservatives want to reopen everything to get the economy going again, but resist using masks and social distancing.

The libtard approach would achieve the conservative goals. The conservative approach is the worst possible way to achieve their goals.

It seems to me that those who want to see the economy back up and running and getting people off unemployment and back to their jobs, and want to see small businesses stay in business...It seems those people would be the ones shouting the loudest that everyone should be wearing a mask. Wearing a mask is the best way to achieve those goals.

Protesting against wearing a mask is like protesting against having insurance on your car. Vehicle insurance is based on the very small possibility that you might have an accident and cause damage to someone that they can't afford to pay. There is a very small possibility you will pass CV to someone, but if you do, they may have medical expenses beyond their ability to pay.

I think this is the first time in my life where I've seen the libtards endorsing something that would guarantee the success of the conservative agenda, and conservatives pursuing an agenda that would minimize their chances of achieving their goals.
                      No conservative is arguing against social distancing. That would be the left that says racism is more deadly than Coronavirus. There are less than 10000 incidents of hate crimes annually, with about half being vandalism.

There is no data that says a mask prevents Coronavirus. You are putting your faith in bad science. We DO have evidence that Coronavirus policy is based on politics. Opposition to masks, in the absence of evidence that they work, is an opposition to leftist control tactics.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        There is no data that says a mask prevents Coronavirus. You are putting your faith in bad science. We DO have evidence that Coronavirus policy is based on politics. Opposition to masks, in the absence of evidence that they work, is an opposition to leftist control tactics.
                        Even you admitted that masks help prevent your fluids from leaking out. Yeah, there aren't tons of rigorous studies that have been done on cloth masks yet. That's just true. But it's also common sense that it's probably good to try to limit your spray? Presumably you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze and cough. And if you do, I cannot imagine how irritating it was when someone said "Hey, you should probably cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze" and you responded "Without clear evidence that covering my mouth works, I will oppose you and your leftist control tactics."

It's common sense. "Leftists" like the Mayo Clinic and the CDC recommend the cloth masks. Just wear them. I feel like I got reamed a few days back for saying you all are ignoring the masks recommendations because you want to show you like Trump. You are literally calling it an act of defiance against "leftist control tactics." Lol.

Comment

• Remember Sara Palin and the death squads? They're back, only it's the Republicans now.
                          • Pence says 'nothing to see here, just move on....we crushed this', ignoring that most of this surge is in southern states - Arizona, Alabama, Florida, Texas and South Carolina.
                          • Meanwhile in Texas, our governor is cornered by Trump. He knows the whole anti-mask thing is causing a peak in cases, hospitalizations, ICU headcount and ventilator count. But he can't bring himself to order people to wear masks because he doesn't want to make Trump mad. If this plays out the way I'm seeing it, the Republican party will be toast in most big Texas cities after we dig our way out of this.
                          • Now the 'protester surge' is hitting the hospitals. Expect all the big Texas cities to have a lot of problems soon. Why they had 60K demonstrators at one of the Houston protests.
                          My suggestion would be to make the anti-mask crowd hang out with the protester surge crowd. They deserve each other. You can be sympathetic regards what happened to George Floyd and the state of race relations without having to go out and expose your whole community to this pandemic.
                          Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 17, 2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Even you admitted that masks help prevent your fluids from leaking out. Yeah, there aren't tons of rigorous studies that have been done on cloth masks yet. That's just true. But it's also common sense that it's probably good to try to limit your spray? Presumably you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze and cough. And if you do, I cannot imagine how irritating it was when someone said "Hey, you should probably cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze" and you responded "Without clear evidence that covering my mouth works, I will oppose you and your leftist control tactics."

It's common sense. "Leftists" like the Mayo Clinic and the CDC recommend the cloth masks. Just wear them. I feel like I got reamed a few days back for saying you all are ignoring the masks recommendations because you want to show you like Trump. You are literally calling it an act of defiance against "leftist control tactics." Lol.
                            Covering your mouth when coughing/sneezing does work for several things. Not Coronavirus. There are studies for that.

You are conflating supporting Trump with opposition to social control. Those are not the same thing. If I wanted to show my support to Trump, I’d be sporting a MAGA hat.

The boy cried wolf too many times. Show me the wolf.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

A. Social distancing is #1 on the list and most important.
                              B. Wearing a cloth mask is #2.
                              C. Doing both is even better in many instances.
                              D. Not doing #1 makes #2 somewhat useless, much more so than the other way around.
                              E. Not doing #1 over periods longer than 10-20 minutes, makes #2 useless, particularly in crowds where others are not wearing masks.
                              F. Herding movement causes even more of a spreading problem.

Seems to me that a lot of people from both sides of the aisle will be responsible for an uptick. Of course, most of the media will hold only one side responsible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A. Social distancing is #1 on the list and most important.
                                B. Wearing a cloth mask is #2.
                                C. Doing both is even better in many instances.
                                D. Not doing #1 makes #2 somewhat useless, much more so than the other way around.
                                E. Not doing #1 over periods longer than 10-20 minutes, makes #2 useless, particularly in crowds where others are not wearing masks.
                                F. Herding movement causes even more of a spreading problem.

Seems to me that a lot of people from both sides of the aisle will be responsible for an uptick. Of course, most of the media will hold only one side responsible.
                                I agree entirely with this except for the bit about "most of the media." You see what you want to see.

There have already been a ton of articles talking about protests causing an uptick, despite those protests almost entirely correlating with bars/restaurants/etc. re-opening. The media is certainly less biased than some of the confederate soldiers on this site like to pretend.

Comment

Working...
                                X