No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest number of new cases and new deaths since the end of March.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It looks like even goats and pawpaw's can't hide from that god**** Bat Flu. The end is near...

Comment

• Weird how this thread went quiet when deaths and new cases hit month-long lows.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Weird how this thread went quiet when deaths and new cases hit month-long lows.
          Just give it two weeks and we'll look like Italy or Spain, man.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I saw a projection where deaths are supposed to fall off dramatically in the next week or so. If the projection is solid, the economy should be opened wide up. Not sure if it was a reasonable projection though, and I want to crunch some of my own numbers when I am not so dang busy at work.

My hypothesis (and that's all it is, I have not crunched numbers to prove this) is:

1) this virus has been worse than the flu for obvious reasons already stated over and over in this thread,
            2) the worst is now behind us,
            3) even with an open economy the NEW death counts starting from now will NOT be worse than flu -- so we are statistically back to normal

I think this can be proven, but I have not crunched any numbers lately.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Crunch some numbers already!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I saw a projection where deaths are supposed to fall off dramatically in the next week or so. If the projection is solid, the economy should be opened wide up. Not sure if it was a reasonable projection though, and I want to crunch some of my own numbers when I am not so dang busy at work.

My hypothesis (and that's all it is, I have not crunched numbers to prove this) is:

1) this virus has been worse than the flu for obvious reasons already stated over and over in this thread,
                2) the worst is now behind us,
                3) even with an open economy the NEW death counts starting from now will NOT be worse than flu -- so we are statistically back to normal

I think this can be proven, but I have not crunched any numbers lately.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just hold the mic!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

To be fair, there have been other lulls in the thread.

It feels like everyone is in wait and see mode right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

To be fair, there have been other lulls in the thread.

It feels like everyone is in wait and see mode right now.
                      I know I am. Our Attorney General (who is under indictment for securities fraud) is sending out cease-and-desist letters to cities in Texas telling them they must end social distancing and masks.

I want to see whether those people get sick or not. If they don't get sick, I may go out. I don't plan on being out very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I know I am. Our Attorney General (who is under indictment for securities fraud) is sending out cease-and-desist letters to cities in Texas telling them they must end social distancing and masks.

I want to see whether those people get sick or not. If they don't get sick, I may go out. I don't plan on being out very soon.
                        He’s trying to end shelter once place laws, not social distancing. Did I miss something?

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

He’s trying to end shelter once place laws, not social distancing. Did I miss something?
                          I think you're missing the re-air of Wrestlemania III currently on Fox. This is an awesome byproduct of the pandemic.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I got fifty bucks on Hogan over Andre the Giant.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

No. Not according to the local news outlets. He has issues with both masks and social distancing. He says most of the major cities in Texas are overstepping their boundaries.

And this is the guy who wrote the security law that he later violated to get indicted. And the whole thing pretty much stinks because his case has been pending for over 2 years. If this was all a big mistake, why didn't the charges get dismissed? Seems like they should have.

That tells me there must be probable cause out there somewhere, otherwise they would have dismissed the charges.

Not only that, he was indicted by a grand jury, who has to hear the evidence and vote to indict or acquit. So there's definitely some stink on him.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/u...y-charges.html

Then he got his wife elected as a state senator and she tried to do this:
                              Billed as a consumer-protection effort, the proposal would allow approved individuals to serve as investment advisers without registering with the state board — a felony under Texas law that Ken Paxton was charged with in 2015.

"In what state Sen. Angela Paxton describes as an effort to safely expand Texas’ burgeoning financial tech industry, the freshman Republican from McKinney has filed a bill that would empower the office of her husband, Attorney General Ken Paxton, to exempt entrepreneurs from certain state regulations so they can market “innovative financial products or services.”

One of those exemptions would be working as an “investment adviser” without registering with the state board. Currently, doing so is a felony in Texas — one for which Ken Paxton was issued a civil penalty in 2014 and criminally charged in 2015."

So they say everything is bigger in Texas. I guess that includes the crooks, too.
                              Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; May 13, 2020, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Do you have any articles that says he’s threatening to end social distancing or occupancy maximums? I read two and the both said he wanted to prohibit city ordinances that were beyond Texas state law, specifically:

requirement to wear a mask everywhere in public

Must stay home except for essential activity

forced closure of non-essential businesses
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X