No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna throw a topic out there to spur conversation.....

Will you be wearing a mask next time you go to the grocery store? Have you already been wearing one? I think I will be the next time I go.

I understand the hesitation early on against advising people to wear a mask with the supply issues - but mask wearing is very likely to help reduce community transmission in a general population. How much it reduces the spread is probably pretty variable depending on the characteristics of the virus - but it can't hurt.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Gonna throw a topic out there to spur conversation.....

Will you be wearing a mask next time you go to the grocery store? Have you already been wearing one? I think I will be the next time I go.

I understand the hesitation early on against advising people to wear a mask with the supply issues - but mask wearing is very likely to help reduce community transmission in a general population. How much it reduces the spread is probably pretty variable depending on the characteristics of the virus - but it can't hurt.
      I am likely to switch to pickup or Instacart so I don't have to go in at all if at all possible. I could wear my Carhartt cap with mask. Would anyone think it was a holdup?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Gonna throw a topic out there to spur conversation.....

We started using online ordering and pick-up at Dillons, as we try to minimize how often we go inside anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

We started using online ordering and pick-up at Dillons, as we try to minimize how often we go inside anywhere.
          Have there been any supply issues (outside of TP) for Dillons? I live in North Carolina now and a lot of our grocers have been so low on supplies that you legitimately have to try three-four different stores to find potatos, onions, meat, bread, eggs, etc.

Comment

Have there been any supply issues (outside of TP) for Dillons? I live in North Carolina now and a lot of our grocers have been so low on supplies that you legitimately have to try three-four different stores to find potatos, onions, meat, bread, eggs, etc.
            Couple weeks ago we went to Dillons (Wichita) on Friday night. No fruit, no veggies. No bread. No soups. No eggs. No sugar. No flour. No beans. Rice. TP. Paper Towels. (you want me to keep going?) Yeah, they have all the beer in the world.

Since then it is MUCH better locally. Been shopping with click list lately.

Comment

We placed our order at the big Dillons Marketplace in Hutch. They had no frozen chicken, and maybe didn't have a specific variety of an item. Other than that they were able to fulfill the rest of the order. My wife went to a smaller Dillons store in a different part of town and found frozen chicken. I think they are still running low on paper and cleaning products, but can't say for certain.

Comment

• Here's an interesting article.....wufan.....intelligence is saying China underreported counts.....
                https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elligence-says

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                  Here's an interesting article.....wufan.....intelligence is saying China underreported counts.....

One of these charts looks like someone took scissors to it.

Comment

• China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says

Comment

• Dr. Birx Finally Goes Right at the U.S. Media and China for Lying

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...hina-for-lying

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        More testing is the key! People should be tested multiple times. Federal regs and uncertainties are holding this up.
                        I believe those roadblocks were removed a couple weeks ago. What I am reading now is that private labs are becoming overwhelmed and cannot get the backlog of tests out the door as quickly as they were due to sheer volume.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• A detailed timeline of China's Covid-19 lies:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

It will be interesting to monitor this situation going forward.

And here's a partial answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I believe those roadblocks were removed a couple weeks ago. What I am reading now is that private labs are becoming overwhelmed and cannot get the backlog of tests out the door as quickly as they were due to sheer volume.
                              Thanks for this!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                                Here's an interesting article.....wufan.....intelligence is saying China underreported counts.....
                                Thanks for this. I’ve been saying this for weeks.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X