Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm
    Last edited by wufan; March 20, 2020, 08:22 PM.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I understand that and that’s why I said the numbers are as of now, subject to change.

I think the larger risk is in the highly congested metro areas. Suppression is the key. I’d say we’ll have a much clearer picture in a week from now. Of course, we’re learning stuff each and every day too.
      I agree. One thing a lot of America still has going for us is comparably low population density to other countries.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Two PSA’s...

CDC
        https://apps.apple.com/us/story/id1503428051

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• +5200 in one day. Deaths jumped from 122 to 221 in two days.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kansas 03-20-2020.PNG

There is now one presumptive case in Sedgwick County. A 60 year old lady who is now self-isolating.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I agree. One thing a lot of America still has going for us is comparably low population density to other countries.
              I think population density is a big factor in this.

Comment

• Long but worth the read. Summary: warm weather probably will burn off the virus and things simply are not as bad as being report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think population density is a big factor in this.
                  I attempted to look up cases by region and admittedly didnt put too much effort into it https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...ed-states.html

Comment

• table_5.png

China has 1,927 cases as of 3/21/20 that are serious or critical, the US has 64 cases that are serious or critical on the same date.

The Hoover Institute has a "projection" of a peak of well under 1 million world-wide, with the total number of deaths at 50,000. Their guess is as good as any other we've been fed over the last 10 days.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 21, 2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      table_5.png

China has 1,927 cases as of 3/21/20 that are serious or critical, the US has 64 cases that are serious or critical on the same date.

The Hoover Institute has a "projection" of a peak of well under 1 million world-wide, with the total number of deaths at 50,000. Their guess is as good as any other we've been fed over the last 10 days.
                      This is all just a big liberal ploy to discredit President Trump and steal the Presidency so the deepstate can get Medicare for all. Hide your guns, hide your wife... they infecting everyone out here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                        This is all just a big liberal ploy to discredit President Trump and steal the Presidency so the deepstate can get Medicare for all. Hide your guns, hide your wife... they infecting everyone out here.
                        I guess that's the danger of crying wolf for 3 years straight -- when there actually is a wolf, it's hard to get the people you have pissed off to listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Long but worth the read. Summary: warm weather probably will burn off the virus and things simply are not as bad as being report.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894
                          This article makes a loooooot of assumptions. The assumptions may be correct, but that’s also assuming a lot.

I am especially skeptical to the warm weather argument. It will likely decrease the rate of spread, but it will not eliminate it as some are hoping.
                          Last edited by wsushox1; March 21, 2020, 01:50 PM.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I guess that's the danger of crying wolf for 3 years straight -- when there actually is a wolf, it's hard to get the people you have pissed off to listen.
                            That sounds like a personal problem actually. I know the mentality of quite a few on this board is that of anything involving education/science being code words for Liberal Indoctrination and that stupidity is something I'll never be able to change. But I'll sure as hell make fun of you for it.
                            Last edited by Awesome Sauce Malone; March 21, 2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

That sounds like a personal problem actually. I know the mentality of quite a few on this board is that of anything involving education/science being code words for Liberal Indoctrination and that stupidity is something I'll never be able to change. But I'll sure as hell make fun of you for it.

I absolutely agree with that statement. One wonders what these folks studied when they attended (if they did at all). Heck, even if you were a business major, you had to take higher-level math (statistics & calculus) and probably took some science, so what I see on these boards really makes me SMH at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                Long but worth the read. Summary: warm weather probably will burn off the virus and things simply are not as bad as being report.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894
                                Here......
                                India:

Argentina:

Australia:
                                Australia has shut its borders to non-residents and non-citizens, and introduced stricter rules for indoor gatherings, amid the coronavirus pandemic.

While your premise is valid (and I originally though that) and the president also thinks it is valid, I'm not as sure. Watching this thing change and talking to Oregon Shocker and Wufan on this board made me go back and do more research, and come to the conclusion this virus is morphing and once it gets entrenched, it will stay in the community for some time. To me, the biggest surprise was India closing its borders and some of the reports I've heard from there.

I'm also wondering if this virus will further morph and hit 20-40 year olds much harder than it has. Experience in Italy seems to be pointing this out and what we are seeing here in our country indicates this might now be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X