Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Says the guy who gets his medical advice from the white version of Tekashi69.

Top of the morning to you!

BTW, since your entertainer guy is so smart, would you mind explaining that whole thing about smoking doensn't cause lung cancer, either? Especially seeing as, unless there is a miracle, he probably won't be here next year.....

This board needs your wisdom shocka...

Next, educate us on how man can usurp the gods and harness the climate. Now that'll be worth taking the time to read your posts.

195503.jpg

Next time don't be gone so long. This board needs you.
    #AnchorsAweigh

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Do you understand that this doesn’t replace the flu?

Whether it is or isn’t worse than the flu is irrelevant.

Those X number people are still going to get the flu. The Covid cases will be in addition to the flu cases and all other things that require people to go to the hospital.

Therein lies the worry.
      Unless the people that would normally get the flu and die, instead get the coronavirus and die. That would be a trade off one dead for another dead. So the flu mortality rate could be lessened by coronavirus mortalities. It could totally skew statistics.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• And if those people that would normally get the flu and die, instead get the coronavirus and die, those people that would normally get the flu won't pass the flu on to anyone else. As coronavirus deaths rise, flu deaths could shrink, and if enough people get the coronavirus die, the flu could be eradicated.

Statistically speaking.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

This board needs your wisdom shocka...

Next, educate us on how man can usurp the gods and harness the climate. Now that'll be worth taking the time to read your posts.

195503.jpg

Next time don't be gone so long. This board needs you.
          #AnchorsAweigh
          Go Navy!!!

I will probably be back to post occasionally. I'm WFH right now, but our schedule is hectic, I saw your post and thought I would respond.....

Comment

• I heard today that they now have enough testing kits to test all the folks that should be tested. Expect an increase in positive tests through Wednesday. After that, it should just be new cases.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• The exponential growth in the various countries appears to be slowing VERY slightly. Growth is still exponential, but not quite linear on the logarithmic graphs. That’s a good sign. Not certain why, but hopefully this is a sign of success for countries that are taking some restrictive measures.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                The exponential growth in the various countries appears to be slowing VERY slightly. Growth is still exponential, but not quite linear on the logarithmic graphs. That’s a good sign. Not certain why, but hopefully this is a sign of success for countries that are taking some restrictive measures.
                That's what I'm seeing, but the data changes ever so slightly as new information rolls in and I can't be sure about the numbers until each morning.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• As of 03-16-2020, Kansas is sitting on 11 cases. None in Sedgwick, but one in Butler -- that's the guy that confirmed positive at Wesley but is back home in Butler County.

Comment

• Kansas 03-16-2020.PNG

Comment

• Had to lay off our entire hourly staff today because of the fear. In the hospitality business.

Comment

• The first clinical trial of vaccine started today

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                          Had to lay off our entire hourly staff today because of the fear. In the hospitality business.
                          That sucks!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• 100% just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt....

I live in NC, and it's being reported by the local newspaper that there are only 1700 tests available (as of yesterday). I'm about 90% sure I had the virus-- fever, coughing, lungs hurt, aches, fatigue. I'm relatively young, so I got over it in a matter of a few days, but I suspect there are many people like me out there. There are reports of people calling their doctors, only to be told, "Yea, you probably have the virus, but you don't qualify for the test because 1- You haven't been in contact with anyone known to have the virus, 2- You're not old enough, 3- Your fever isn't high enough."

I think a lot of people have this virus, it's going to last into the summer months, and the market is going to go substantially lower.
                            Last edited by WichitaStateGuy; March 17, 2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• I reached my limit of free views, but thought I would share, hope you can read it:

Evidently someone (part of the 74,000 people there that day) had the COBIT-19, brought it to the rodeo, went to this tent at the cookoff and infected 4 people. One of the people involved is a police officer in Montgomery County and is now in critical condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                                I reached my limit of free views, but thought I would share, hope you can read it:

Evidently someone (part of the 74,000 people there that day) had the COBIT-19, brought it to the rodeo, went to this tent at the cookoff and infected 4 people. One of the people involved is a police officer in Montgomery County and is now in critical condition.
                                If anyone has problems viewing a webpage, try viewing it an incognito or InPrivate window, or whatever your browser calls it and you should be able to view page okay

Comment

Working...
                                X