No announcement yet.

The Imminent Stool Flushing of The Kansas City Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles Koch and the Koch network's policy ideas are mainstream - not radical. I understand why some oppose, but it isn't radicalism and to say so simply add to the coarseness of our current political dialogue.

Comment

Thanks guys for sending shoxlax's perfectly reasonable and relevant discussion of the flushing of the KC Eagle to off topic hell via political garbage where it will now die a quick death.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Thanks guys for sending shoxlax's perfectly reasonable and relevant discussion of the flushing of the KC Eagle to off topic hell via political garbage where it will now die a quick death.
        Yes. It is quite a tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Yes. It is quite a tragedy.
          Just like people who like to interject politics into every single discussion of their entire lives.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Just like people who like to interject politics into every single discussion of their entire lives.
            Ummm don't think so. If you have some examples, sent them my way champ. You don't have to have an opinion about everything - just some advice.

Comment

Ummm don't think so. If you have some examples, sent them my way champ. You don't have to have an opinion about everything - just some advice.
              This thread is an example, champ.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That's just a dumb comment. I never bring politics into the basketball conversatiotns and rarely post in the political forum.

This was moved to off-topic, so what's big deal?

Got another example?
                Last edited by ABC; February 6, 2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

That's just a dumb comment. I never bring politics into the basketball conversatiotns and rarely post in the political forum.

This was moved to off-topic, so what's big deal?

Got another example?
                  Geez ABC, riled up again for no reason?

The original author made a good argument about a crappy paper that's going down the toilet. Now it's in the off topic forum where 3 people will see it and talk about the original point of it.

Did I specifically call out you? I made a statement that this thread went into the toilet with political jargon. You contributed but weren't the only one. My original point and post still stands. Don't get so bent about it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This might be the first topic to live in 3 forums when Kung Wu decides to move it to Politics, Guns, and Beer.

Comment

Backing up to my original topic, I think I’m going to post relevant links to places where you can get local sports information, such as papers that actually care and league websites. I will put it in a separate thread and we can crowdsource it together. If we get enough sources together maybe we can create a local sports aggregator of some sort.

The KC Eagle isn’t going to improve and this board can’t even agree on what the solution is so I’m invoking stop gap measures.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Backing up to my original topic, I think I’m going to post relevant links to places where you can get local sports information, such as papers that actually care and league websites. I will put it in a separate thread and we can crowdsource it together. If we get enough sources together maybe we can create a local sports aggregator of some sort.

The KC Eagle isn’t going to improve and this board can’t even agree on what the solution is so I’m invoking stop gap measures.
                        If you guys do a good enough job, I can create a News tab at the top with those links and even threads dedicated to those sources. Heck if they have news feeds I can even automatically aggregate the articles. Fire away as you find sources.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post

NPR is not a good example to use for being unbiased. They are right up there with CNN and MSNBC in bias. Pretty much refutes your argument that a non-profit model eliminates bias. It does not.

I used to listen to NPR (KMUW) every day pretty much non-stop from 8 am to 5 pm, but turned them off for good a couple of years ago because I could no longer stomach their bias. I also used to support them financially, but no more.
                          I don’t understand in what universe you can call NPR biased, but in this hyper-political environment to each their own I guess. Btw, you’re a good poster.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

If you identify the libertarian ideology as a form of conservatism, you might need to read up more on the ideology. It borrows from both classic conservatism and classic liberalism. It's its own thing.
                            I'm aware of libertarianism' roots, but modern libertarians in practice seem to mix their hyper conservative economic views with mostly conservative social views.

When you’re conservative economically AND conservative socially, you’re, well, conservative.

I'm open to be convinced otherwise.
                            Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; February 7, 2020, 06:37 AM.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Btw, my apologies to everyone for my part in making this thread political. It was unintentional on my part, but I’ll take the blame. There’s a reason I avoid the political threads of ShockerNet. I’ll reign it in going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I don’t understand in what universe you can call NPR biased, but in this hyper-political environment to each their own I guess. Btw, you’re a good poster.
                                I came to my conclusions after decades of listening to their programming. I like their format, and for the most part they avoid the caustic "shock jock" approach that is really aimed at stirring anger and hatred in listeners (or viewers) that many media/opinion programming on both sides employ. So I can see how many could come to the conclusion that they must be non-biased. However, their bias is present but much more subtle.

Their liberal bias is pretty clear in the opinion programs.There is definitely a liberal bias in their opinion programming in the NPR talent and guests. It's also present in their news reporting more on the side of what they choose to report and choose not to report. While I would say they are highly factual for the most part in what they report, you can have factual reporting but not include all of the facts (in this case, not reporting the conservative facts) and still slant a story. NPR excels at this. This is all pretty obvious and does not require residency in an alternate universe.

As I said I really enjoy their format. For many years, I continued to listen to them realizing their bias. I took the viewpoint of taking what's good and throw out the bad. However, when the Kavanaugh debacle happened, I could no longer stomach their bias.

Science Friday used to be my favorite program in all of media (radio, TV, podcasts, etc.), but sadly since the last presidential election they even politicized that program.

I would guess that your mind is pretty set on your viewpoint. So I don't want this to escalate into a Shockernet argument, so let's just agree to disagree on this.
                                Last edited by Napoleon Dynamite; February 7, 2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X