No announcement yet.

The Imminent Stool Flushing of The Kansas City Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as I said previously, going nonprofit is a better model for a news organization. Nonprofits are pure. I think in the next few years we're going to see more and more news organizations move in this direction.
    You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

It's not the business model people. It's the MEDIUM.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Speculating based on location - But, looks like the Eagle's space they occupied in Old town is up for lease?
        https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/330-...a-KS/18510963/

Comment

Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
          Speculating based on location - But, looks like the Eagle's space they occupied in Old town is up for lease?
          https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/330-...a-KS/18510963/
          Wow, it really might become the kansas city eagle

Comment

And just in case anyone is wondering if Taylor's future is bright, regardless of what happens at the Eagle:

"Eagle sports reporters Taylor Eldridge and Kellis Robinett on Monday were voted among the top 10 beat writers in the country at the annual Associated Press Sports Editors winter conference in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Those were just two of their award wins: They combined for seven top 10 finishes in The Eagle’s circulation category. First-place winners in each category will be announced at a later date.

In addition to beat writing, Eldridge picked up top 10s in multimedia for his Wichita State Shockers basketball analysis and explanatory writing for his story on empty seats at WSU basketball games."

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/articl...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              And just in case anyone is wondering if Taylor's future is bright, regardless of what happens at the Eagle:

"Eagle sports reporters Taylor Eldridge and Kellis Robinett on Monday were voted among the top 10 beat writers in the country at the annual Associated Press Sports Editors winter conference in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Those were just two of their award wins: They combined for seven top 10 finishes in The Eagle’s circulation category. First-place winners in each category will be announced at a later date.

In addition to beat writing, Eldridge picked up top 10s in multimedia for his Wichita State Shockers basketball analysis and explanatory writing for his story on empty seats at WSU basketball games."

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/articl...#storylink=cpy

He gone.

Not yet, but with publicity like that and the downward trajectory of the Eagle and Star, it won't be long.

My pessimism notwithstanding, congratulations, Taylor! You deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So if you point out that NPR has left wing bias then you are snowflake? Am I getting that correct? Maybe you are the snowflake.
                To this liberal, NPR stands for Nice Polite Republican. If Rush Limbaugh's 90% right, NPR hits the scale at 51% for me.
                Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

as one who digs into more advanced techincals, i appreciate taylor's work. much deserved award.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He gone.

Not yet, but with publicity like that and the downward trajectory of the Eagle and Star, it won't be long.

My pessimism notwithstanding, congratulations, Taylor! You deserve it!
                    worse scenario: (and consider the replacement) Marshall leaves at the end of the year, we get ......, Taylor leaves at the end of the year and we get .... Hayden B. :)

Comment

The first floor of the Eagle's office space (in Old Town) is on the market.

If your interested, contact me ;)
                      The Assman

Comment

As long as the KC Eagle keeps delivering me that weekly unwanted Neighbors publication, I’ll never run out of toilet paper

Comment

Working...
                        X