Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Doesn’t surprise me… hopefully a concept with better food. CNP sure isn’t using free range chickens.
    I hear they source their chicken from Valley Center.

Comment

• For you Culver's fans out there, EB is reporting that they're aiming for a July 8 opening.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Wichita by EB - Bann Thai Cafe will close after 12 years in business

Following the announcements of other popular Asian restaurants like Grandma Thuy’s, Thao’s Bistro and Ming’s Cantonese Restaurant, another Wichita favorite will be closing their doors. After 12 years in business, Bann Thai Cafe has shared the last day of business will be on June 16.

The Thai restaurant originally opened in 2012 at the southwest corner of 21st and Woodlawn. Years later, Bann Thai would move to their current location at 3811 W. 13th St. North.
        Sounds like they're being pushed out by the landlord and have yet to secure another location. So they still may pop back up down the road.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• West side is getting a new chicken restaurant that the east side has had for a few years. I've still never had it but know people who love it. Also know some people who don't think it's anything special.

WBJ - Construction to ramp up in northwest Wichita on city's 2nd Slim Chickens

An area of northwest Wichita that has seen a steady stream of newly arriving food concepts has another one on tap.

Franchise owner and operator 3PRG Management is ramping up construction this month at 2824 N. Maize Road, just south of 29th Street, on its second Slim Chickens location in the city.

The new restaurant will go up just south of the Dutch Bros in the Cadillac Lake development.

Shanda Carney, 3PRG's director of marketing and communications, said the group aims to open the fast-casual chicken restaurant by this winter. It already operates a Slim Chickens location at 2313 N. Greenwich Road in east Wichita and one in McPherson.

Earlier this month, a commercial building permit was issued for the site with a $1.5-million valuation, according to city-county records. Accel Construction is the general contractor.

"Our guests have been asking for a Slim Chickens on the west side of Wichita for several years, and we are thrilled to open one soon," Carney said in a statement. "29th and Maize has seen strong development recently and we know our guests frequent that area of Wichita, which makes it a great location for our newest Slim Chickens."
          I believe this joins an area that is getting a Culvers and has Popeyes, Auntie Anne's, Jamba Juice, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and Swig. I'm a big fan of Nothing Bundt Cakes.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Sounds like Forge ICT is closing after a little over a year in business. Sounds as though the owner just isn't making enough money to keep up on rent and has to leave the spot. He might try and reopen somewhere else.

I never experienced Forge, which closes this weekend, but I believe he was trying to offer what he called a higher end menu but trying to keep it at working man prices or something similar to that. I remember it was ambitious and it sounds as though maybe it was a little too ambitious.

Anyone here ever experience Forge?
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Tuptim Thai, located at 21st and Rock near Best Buy is opening a west side location on Maize Road where No. 1 Kitchen was previously located. Hoping to be open by the end of the month.

It will have a smaller menu than the east side location, but should have all of the favorites.

I don't have a ton of Thai experience, but I've been a big fan of Tuptim.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Outstanding Thai food. As good as it gets for this part of the world. Som Tum Thai (papaya salad) is dynamite and will reignite your life.

Comment

• I had the brisket at Q39 in KC a couple of months ago and it was to die for. We went back today and it was good but wasn't rendered enough for my taste. The smoke flavor wasn't as distinct either.

​​​​Off topic but the district here needs to ditch the pride flags as it's July now. Time to break out the red white and blue. That said, the support for US soccer is amazing. Just about everyone has a jersey or US soccer shirt on.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Wichita by EB - Bann Thai Cafe will close after 12 years in business

Sounds like they're being pushed out by the landlord and have yet to secure another location. So they still may pop back up down the road.
                    She's found a new spot in Maize Center. She hopes to have reopened in a few weeks.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Anyone been to Buster's Burger Joint? I believe Buster's won the championship.

Looks like a 'gut buster' or 'heart attack city' to me... yipes stripes beechnut gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Never even heard of Bills Charcoal Grill. How'd it get to the final four?

I've never had a burger from any in the upper left quad.

Of those I've had in the lower left quad I'd take Fizz.

I've never had Ty's, but have heard good things, but West Street would be my choice in the upper right quad.

Never had a burger from the lower right quad, but have heard good things about Sport Burger, TJ's, and Whiskey Dicks.

To be honest, I've only eaten at seven of those on the list. One I don't care for. One I've never had a burger at.

I obviously need to get out more.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Never even heard of Bills Charcoal Grill. How'd it get to the final four?

I've never had a burger from any in the upper left quad.

Of those I've had in the lower left quad I'd take Fizz.

I've never had Ty's, but have heard good things, but West Street would be my choice in the upper right quad.

Never had a burger from the lower right quad, but have heard good things about Sport Burger, TJ's, and Whiskey Dicks.

To be honest, I've only eaten at seven of those on the list. One I don't care for. One I've never had a burger at.

I obviously need to get out more.
                          They missed out on Big Larry’s in Valley Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

They missed out on Big Larry’s in Valley Center.
                            After Louie's won last time EB has not permitted any restaurant outside of the Wichita city limits in these tournaments. Apparently too many of his followers were pissed that a non Wichita place won so he won't include them anymore.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

After Louie's won last time EB has not permitted any restaurant outside of the Wichita city limits in these tournaments. Apparently too many of his followers were pissed that a non Wichita place won so he won't include them anymore.
                              Buzz kill!?

Comment

• Remember when EB used to post here?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X