Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    We have way too many burger joints in Goddard and Wichita. Can't speak to other surrounding towns, but it's beyond dumb in Goddard.
    Yes and no real restaurant.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Get Brandon and Rodney on that STAT!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I have heard they are working on a Chicken n Pickle knock off for Goddard.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Comment

I have heard they are working on a Chicken n Pickle knock off for Goddard.
            Doesn’t surprise me… hopefully a concept with better food. CNP sure isn’t using free range chickens.

Comment

Doesn’t surprise me… hopefully a concept with better food. CNP sure isn’t using free range chickens.
              That's interesting. I thought most people like CnP's food, but I'm not a huge fan. I want to like it. I thought I was gonna like it each time I went. But for some reason it misses the mark for me. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Comment

While the Steven family get their deserved share of criticism, I will say again they have injected life into Goddard as a destination which has helped the community. Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a restaurant such as the one discussed or two on the horizon.

Comment

While the Steven family get their deserved share of criticism, I will say again they have injected life into Goddard as a destination which has helped the community. Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a restaurant such as the one discussed or two on the horizon.
                  Pretty sure they have plans for a restaurant near their current baseball/softball/hotel development.

They do receive a lot of ****, some/most of it is probably deserved, but they have done quite a few good things as well.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Also, I just saw on FB that local ice cream/coffee shop Churn & Burn has closed. I always thought that it was a fun place with good offerings and this makes me kind of sad, even though I didn't make it there often.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Also, I just saw on FB that local ice cream/coffee shop Churn & Burn has closed. I always thought that it was a fun place with good offerings and this makes me kind of sad, even though I didn't make it there often.
                      Apparently no one else did either.

While I understand the romanticism of a local coffee shop, going against Starbucks, Scooters and now Dutch Brothers when starting that type of business is almost impossible.

Comment

That's interesting. I thought most people like CnP's food, but I'm not a huge fan. I want to like it. I thought I was gonna like it each time I went. But for some reason it misses the mark for me. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
                        We haven't cared for it either on a couple on a tries.

Comment

• Wichita by EB - After 47 years, Ming's Cantonese Restaurant to close

End of June or when they run out of inventory.

I've never been to Ming's, but it seems to have a strong reputation. I believe Grandma Thuy's is also closing at the end of June. I have been there and it's quite enjoyable.

Both owners are retiring.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We haven't cared for it either on a couple on a tries.
                            I've only been once and I thought the Chipotle Chicken bowl was amazing.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

I've only been once and I thought the Chipotle Chicken bowl was amazing.
                              I'm sure as busy as they seem to be, there are many more hits than misses. There are also too many other choices that we like, time after time, to want to venture back. Maybe someday.

Comment

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X