Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Just a quick note, I had a family member that wanted to go back to Saltgrass (was there with a job event previously) so I recently took the fam there. Nothing special, reminded me a lot of that steakhouse at 21st and Rock 20 years ago, solid, friendly, nothing pretentious.

You pretty much expect to pay ridiculous prices when you go out these days but for steaks etc I didn't think the prices were out of line, considering quality and location. Everything we had was very good to excellent. The staff was friendly and attentive even though we thought they were fairly busy and a tad understaffed (for that many patrons). But the siracha honey glazed quail appetizers were next world. Seriously, easily one of the best and most surprisingly outstanding things I've had in 3 years at least. Would recommend.
    Timberline? That place was good. Had that meal with the team a few times.
    78-65

Comment

• How’s taco shop these days? I miss grabbing a case of coors and 3 dozen soft tacos after a long week of work.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• If anyone makes it out to Great Bend, I thought Los Dos Portrillos was a pretty good Mexican joint.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          How’s taco shop these days? I miss grabbing a case of coors and 3 dozen soft tacos after a long week of work.
          Still good!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Still good!
            Taco shop and good BBQ are the only holes in my foodie heart.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Taco shop and good BBQ are the only holes in my foodie heart.
              Bah, you can easily make your own BBQ. But I'm not sure how to replicate junk food like Taco Shop. That takes special chemicals or something.

Comment

But I'm not sure how to replicate junk food like Taco Shop. That takes special chemicals or something.
                Your soft, pliable, arteries likely cannot be replicated after they become hardened if you eat 3 dozen tacos washed down by a case of Coors every weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Your soft, pliable, arteries likely cannot be replicated after they become hardened if you eat 3 dozen tacos washed down by a case of Coors every weekend.
                  Wait, the Coors doesn't flush out the taco gunk??

Comment

Bah, you can easily make your own BBQ. But I'm not sure how to replicate junk food like Taco Shop. That takes special chemicals or something.
                    I’m talking about the BBQ culture, the competitions, the homemade beans and sauces. Don’t take that for granted. I gave my smoker to my best friend when I moved. I’ve got another sitting down there waiting for me to come get it, and I’m enough of a snob to not buy one from Lowe’s or Home Depot up here.

Comment

I’m talking about the BBQ culture, the competitions, the homemade beans and sauces. Don’t take that for granted. I gave my smoker to my best friend when I moved. I’ve got another sitting down there waiting for me to come get it, and I’m enough of a snob to not buy one from Lowe’s or Home Depot up here.
                      You're making me hungry.

Comment

• Grandma Thuy's found a buyer and will be changing names soon.

Wichita by EB - Cao's Wok to take over Grandma Thuy's space at the end of the month

Earlier this year, Grandma Thuy’s announced they were closing and looking for a new buyer. In August, new buyers were found. Be ready to welcome Cao’s Wok, a Chinese restaurant who will take over the space at 8728 W. Maple St.

Cao’s Wok currently has an opening date of Friday, September 27, but that is subject to change.

Once open, the menu will feature many popular Chinese favorites, including fried rice, General Tso’s chicken, beef & broccoli, egg rolls, lo mein, chicken wings and more.
                        Menu and pricing is in the link. They will also do some catering if interested.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                        X