Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker85
    Originally posted by AndShock
    I will feel bad for them when they go up against OU though. OU's d-line is going to eat up those zone-read and other option plays faster than Klein can even think.
    Yep, OU will be ugly. Of course, OU makes everyone look like B-teamers. KState just needs to stay the course and not freak out with a drubbing by OU. They can still have a far better season than most expected.

--'85.

You know, I have never had any sort of affiliation with KState and pretty much despise them outside their football program. I find myself watching or listening to their games almost every Saturday. Don't worry, though, I still hate purple. It is just a real shame I don't have the chance to spend that energy on WSU football.
    Starting 5-0 they have already achieved a far better season than most expected. If they win just 2-3 more games, they'll do better than I thought they would. I figured it would take at least 2 years for Snyder to get over .500. What he's doing is pretty damn impressive.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Hey, 85, how much of that energy was taken from ya on Friday night?

Is that 14 in a row? Maybe 15 in a row? I dunno, I lost count. :D
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Although I've had KSU football season tickets for years, I'm with 85 and pretty much have no use for their sports teams outside of football. I think all of us would have much more positive feelings for the Wildcats if they would man up and play the Shox in b-ball. They are really wasting a goodwill opportunity by not doing so. Its a shame for all of us, and a shame for them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Hey, 85, how much of that energy was taken from ya on Friday night?

Is that 14 in a row? Maybe 15 in a row? I dunno, I lost count. :D
          Shat man, rub it in, will ya?

I'm so sick of this I think I going to ... well ... cry.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

A 7 - 0 KSU versus an undefeated OU in Manhattan will be exciting. Will Gameday show up? By the way, KSU will have a snowball's chance in hell but still exciting.

Comment

KSU needs to be careful not to overlook KU. Yes, I know KU's defense sucks and their offense did nothing in the second half against OU, but they have shown they can move the ball and they actually played decent defensively against OU for a good portion of their game, although perhaps a lot of that came from OU's indifference about the game.

KSU, despite putting up 41 against Texas Tech, is not exactly an offensive juggernaut. The Cats defense does look pretty solid.

The big thing though is can KSU win a game in which they will actually be favored. This will be a first for them this season -- ranked and the favorite.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 17, 2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                A 7 - 0 KSU versus an undefeated OU in Manhattan will be exciting. Will Gameday show up? By the way, KSU will have a snowball's chance in hell but still exciting.

I wouldn't say that.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Next week should be fun, regardless of whether you pull for K-State football or not. Snyder is the man.

It should be a good game

Comment

Not only that, OU looks slowwwwww today.

They honestly look bad, Tech is playing at a whole nother speed

Comment

With OU losing at home to Texas Tech, I was thinking K-State might actually have a chance to win next week. But then I remembered that K-State doesn't have a quarterback like Texas Tech.

Comment

Here comes the 4 game losing streak. Still, no one predicted KSU to do this well. I just hope KSU fans remember this after losing their 4th game in a row and keep things in perspective.

Comment

I don't share the animosity towards KU or KSU that a lot of posters on here have, and I like K-State football and always have. Snyder is a great coach, and his teams play smart and efficient. I do think that K-State will have greater success against OU passing rather than running the ball. OU defensive line is a lot tougher than what they experienced so far. I think they have a shot at beating them, especially since Tech beat OU.

Comment

If the game ended at halftime, then KSU would have had a chance.

Comment

Welcome back to reality, BSCat.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was actually enjoying the ride myself. That's what happens when you have motivated five star recruits going against two star recruits who are not prepared for whatever reason. Just makes the OU loss to Texas Tech that more baffling.

Comment

Working...
                                X