K-State ranked 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State ranked 20th

I have suspicions that they really didn't beat very good Miami and Baylor teams. I think the top 25 jump was a bit preemptive, and especially 20. Maybe 24th or 25th. We'll see how good they are come end of October and all of November when they play OU, OSU, A&M and Texas all back to back. They realistically could go winless in the month of November.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Re: K-State ranked 20th

Originally posted by _kai_
    I have suspicions that they really didn't beat very good Miami and Baylor teams. I think the top 25 jump was a bit preemptive, and especially 20. Maybe 24th or 25th. We'll see how good they are come end of October and all of November when they play OU, OSU, A&M and Texas all back to back. They realistically could go winless in the month of November.
    If they enter the OU game 7-0, which is certainly possible, then Manhatten will be bedlam.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

They will finish with 6 wins - maybe 7. KU and ISU should be wins, Tech is the 7th possibility. If they beat Mizzou, then I will jump on board. As long as they whoop KU by 50 it is a successful season. Snyder can flat out coach and get's more with less than any coach.

Comment

Snyder can sure coach, I just wonder if they're benefiting from an easy early schedule? I still question how well Miami and Baylor, who are their signature wins so far, will fair at the end of the season. Mizzou will be a test, and all of november will be a test. Even ISU.

I do enjoy seeing Snyder coach again. I like how he doesn't put up with bull sh**.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Snyder can sure coach, I just wonder if they're benefiting from an easy early schedule? I still question how well Miami and Baylor, who are their signature wins so far, will fair at the end of the season. Mizzou will be a test, and all of november will be a test. Even ISU.

I do enjoy seeing Snyder coach again. I like how he doesn't put up with bull sh**.
          Any road game is a good win, granted Miami is down this year, but at least KSU went against the grain they have established and played a road game which on paper was against a good competitor instead of playing cupcakes at home. They can't help Miami not being very good this season. In fact, what is ironic is that Snyder tried to get Miami to let them out of the contract as he didn't want to play this game.

You're right. That's why I say 6 wins - maaaybe 7, but still slightly improving instead of KU which is getting worse - hooorayy!

Comment

The Cats will be bowling this season. I wander when the succession plan will finally be revealed so that the "Great One" can finally call it quits?
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
              If they enter the OU game 7-0, which is certainly possible, then Manhatten will be bedlam.
              It's entirely possible that GameDay will be in ManhattAn again if that happens. If we get past MU this week which will not be an easy task at all Tech and uk2 on the road should be wins.

We don't match up well with MU and that one worries me a lot. If any of you can make it (and can find a ticket) to Saturday's game it should be a good one.

Lastly, Griffin and Wright will be playing on Sundays. Baylor has a great offense.

Comment

Man what a contrast KSU and WSU fans are.

The great downfall for K-State it seems is when they get on a roll they start worrying about 4 games ahead and run into a train wreck. I'll admit Snyder isn't that stupid but he is coaching youngsters.

KSU has accomplished much the last two weeks!

Now, please let them just take it one game at a time instead of, like their fans, getting ahead themselves like they do in so many sports -- just to crap the bed.

Example: Last year their basketball was ranked top ten in the country and all of their fans had "penciled in" their results as soon as the schedule came out. To listen to them they were gonna be a final four team before the season even started.

WSU fans (me included), being more fatalist, last season were worried sick to death about the entire season being lost if we lost to UConn -- the first "real" game of the season (no disrespect to Texas Southern intended). Every game after that we had our arses puckered.

What a difference.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

LOL, guess we K-Staters are happy, optimistic types and WSU fans aren't?

Notice I did say MU would be tough at home and the next two games SHOULD be tough. No gimmes at all. Hell, we may lose all three - who knows? I really thought we would win 6, maybe 7 this year and that may still happen. I do believe that several thousand K-Staters will be enjoying a bowl trip somewhere this holiday season.

Comment

WSU fans are happy, yes. Optimistic -- weeelllllll?!? I'd have to say we sorta lean toward the pessimistic side.

Anyhow ... what 6 games, maybe 7, did you pencil in as wins at the beginning of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
                      LOL, guess we K-Staters are happy, optimistic types and WSU fans aren't?

Notice I did say MU would be tough at home and the next two games SHOULD be tough. No gimmes at all. Hell, we may lose all three - who knows? I really thought we would win 6, maybe 7 this year and that may still happen. I do believe that several thousand K-Staters will be enjoying a bowl trip somewhere this holiday season.
                      It's good and bad that teams with 6 wins can go bowling. The NCAA has watered down the bowls and it quite disgusting to digest when you can plainly see it is all about the Benjamins. It is absolutely ridiculous that over 50 percent of D1 teams will play in bowls. When is enough - enough?

On the flip side, it's good for the program and the fans to experience a bowl game so I hope KSU makes one and make up for that debacle of a bowl game last year where you got jobbed on an excessive celebration call.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                        WSU fans are happy, yes. Optimistic -- weeelllllll?!? I'd have to say we sorta lean toward the pessimistic side.

Anyhow ... what 6 games, maybe 7, did you pencil in as wins at the beginning of the season?
                        Wins:
                        Eastern KY Whew!
                        Kent St Bad FBS team
                        Miami New coach
                        Tech Tuberville
                        uk2 59-7 last year and we're much better this year on D
                        ISU Bad team

Possible W's
                        Baylor Great game
                        MU Worries me

Losses:
                        OU No way
                        UT We do own them but they're due
                        OSU Incredible talent
                        aTm Dunno, they are not playing well now

Comment

Wins:
                          Eastern KY Whew!
                          Kent St Bad FBS team
                          Miami New coach
                          Tech Tuberville
                          ISU Bad team

Possible W's
                          Baylor Great game
                          MU Worries me

Losses:
                          OU No way
                          OSU Incredible talent
                          Dude. If you truly penciled in Miami as a win before the season begins ... well ... you have a crystal ball.

Comment

Wins:
                            Eastern KY Whew!
                            Kent St Bad FBS team
                            Miami New coach
                            Tech Tuberville
                            ISU Bad team

Possible W's
                            Baylor Great game
                            MU Worries me

Losses:
                            OU No way
                            OSU Incredible talent
                            Dude. If you truly penciled in Miami as a win before the season begins ... well ... you have a crystal ball.
                            I didn't until the violations news hit. But even before that Miami has not been good the last few years and they're home environment is not a tough place to play. This is not the Miami of the 80's and 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                              It's entirely possible that GameDay will be in ManhattAn again if that happens. If we get past MU this week which will not be an easy task at all Tech and uk2 on the road should be wins.

We don't match up well with MU and that one worries me a lot. If any of you can make it (and can find a ticket) to Saturday's game it should be a good one.

Lastly, Griffin and Wright will be playing on Sundays. Baylor has a great offense.

It would be fun for the state of KS is Gameday did come to Manhatten
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                              X