Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCSCat View Post
    I love college message boards.
    Yes, we know that. That's why you're here all the time and you aren't even a WSU fan. Even more pathetic.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      This is a rediculous and illogical argument that only people who like to debate, argue, and nitpick will participate in. I guess that includes me too now. Still illogical.
      RIdiculous, yes, illogical no. Nit picky, absolutely! But message boards are fun and sometimes you gotta just have some fun. Not that it makes this any more credible, in some ways, it makes it less credible, but I had two sociology professors speak as to how using the word society to discuss the American populous was ambiguous. Their take was that it is fine to use the word society to discuss American culture, but it is a very broad and sweeping generalization. To be more accurate, less ambiguous and clear, it is important to distinguish the set or subset of the very broad "society" that you are discussing.

Yes, it was very ticky tack, I knew what BCSCat was trying to say, but just as easily, I could come to the understanding that he was discussing the society that is comprised of Shockernet posters. Shockernet is not a free society.

See how fun this can be!!!
      Last edited by MoValley John; November 18, 2011, 11:33 PM. Reason: My God!!! I used there instead of their!!! Ridiculous!!!
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

All in fun. Well except maybe Fever ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Not that it makes this any more credible, in some ways, it makes it less credible, but I had two sociology professors speak as to how using the word society to discuss the American populous was ambiguous. Their take was that it is fine to use the word society to discuss American culture, but it is a very broad and sweeping generalization.
          They got paid for that?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            They got paid for that?
            Hey, I had no control over their job description. The first time I heard it, I wondered why I was listening to a lecture on semantics. The second time, it made me think, yes, society is an ambiguous term when describing our entire country.

Looking further, you have to admit, as vast and diverse as is our country, those professors were right, the casual use of the word society is ambiguous. Look no further than age of consent to have sex; 16 is legal in Kansas, but in Nebraska it is 17. However, touch anyone under 18 in Tennessee and you are in big, big trouble. So, we have three different "societies" within the one greater society, and three different societal mores. In three different states, you have different laws on how "free" you are to engage in a certain activity.

In other words, lumping all Americans into one "society" without qualification is very, very vague and ambiguous.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

All in fun. Well except maybe Fever ;)
              Sure doesn't seem like fun for you every time you get your panties in a wad everytime a perceived slight of KSU is mentioned on this site.

Hint: This isn't GoPowertard.com. Get over it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wow that was a heck of a game.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think that was a fairly reasonable facsimile of winning ugly!

Comment

I'm glad we won but not sure I want to watch the DVR lol. Ugly, ugly game. LHCBS just said in postgame that Klein has not practiced in 2 weeks so give him credit for being tough.

Comment

I'm glad we won but not sure I want to watch the DVR lol. Ugly, ugly game.
                      OSU and OU sure wish they could say that.

Comment

And they got shafted by the good ol boy system who let in a team with no Top 25 wins and in the 6th rated conference over KSU.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          And they got shafted by the good ol boy system who let in a team with no Top 25 wins and in the 6th rated conference over KSU.
                          Agreed, although KSU got a hellacious match up with Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. Granted its not BCS Bowl money but purely from a football standpoint they drew a very strong opponent. The good thing for KSU is that they will no doubt be the underdog again.

Comment

Not sure this is going to be much of a Cotton Bowl. I like K-State too, but I think they are in for a rough game against Arkansas. I don't think the Cats should have gotten into a BCS bowl. They got pasted by a not so good Oklahoma team, and looked bad in several of their wins. However, I sure as heck don't think VA Tech should be there either. Michigan, maybe, but VA Tech, no way.

By the way, am I hallucinating or does that say banned by ShockerFever's name?

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                              By the way, am I hallucinating or does that say banned by ShockerFever's name?
                              Glad to see BCSCat gone. SF needs to realize he isn't the police, and typically escalates most of the issues.

Comment

I personally am glad to see them both gone. Never did like fever, always had problems with him, and yes, most of the problems on SN started with him. Hopefully now that we have 2 trolls gone we can have a sensibile board.

Comment

Working...
                                X