No announcement yet.

2018 Lady Shockers Recruiting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like HCKA has decided to use her full allotment of scholarships (assuming everyone shows up) with the addition of Ashley Reid a 5-6 point guard from New Mexico Junior College.

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/stor...ams/592000002/

Reid, out of Wichita Falls, Texas, was the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches Class 5A Player of the Year as a senior, was expected to join Northwestern State right out of high school, but a coaching change had her enroll at Louisiana Tech instead. She saw limited playing time and transferred to New Mexico Junior College, where she averaged 10.9 points and 3.9 assists per game playing point guard. Reid was limited to 13 games because of a season-ending injury. Not sure what her injury was.

Here is her bio and stats from her 13 games at NMJC: http://www.nmjcthunderbirds.com/spor...id_ashley_j5dl

A real oddity in those 13 games. Ashley was 29-57 on 3-pointers for 50.9% but only 11-25 from the free throw line for 44.0%. Her 51 assists vs 19 turnovers for a 2.7 assist to turnover ratio was very good. She played about 13 minutes per game.

Comment

• Here are some stats for Seraphine Basitin from her time with her Division 1 Belgian League team.

Looks like Seraphine played in 23 of of 25 games averaging just under 22 minutes per game while averaging 7.8 points per game. She was 56-133 from the field for 42.1% but only took one 3-pointer which she missed. She did lead her team in free throw attempts as she made 67-88 for solid 76.1%. 3.4 rebounds per game for a 5-7 guard is not bad. If I am ready the chart correctly she averaged 1.7 assists per game and 2.1 turnovers per game which you would like to see improved.

Comment

• Can't wait until everyone is here, time to get to work!

Comment

• Hope we pursue this young lady

Comment

• Ericka Mattingly off to a very good start at UMKC. Leads the team in scoring, assists and steals and is second in rebounding. Ericka is averaging 19.4 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 6.6 APG and 3.4 SPG. Her assist to turnover ratio is 1.66.

Wichita States 2 juco guards, Maya Brewer and Ashley Reid, have combined for 6.9 PPG, 2.5 RPG 0.8 APG, 0.6 SPG. Their combined assist to turnover ratio is 0.25.

Of course, Ericka has a year of D-1 basketball under her belt but looks like missing out on Ericka was a big miss. I have never seen 5-7 Mattingly play but based on her numbers my guess is she has better than average BBIQ. Something not exactly in surplus on this year's Shocker team.

I shouldn't have looked.

Comment

Working...
            X