No announcement yet.

2016-17 Shocker Outdoor Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel bad for Nikki that her career had to end in this fashion but what a career it was. One of the real challenges of being multi-event athlete is staying healthy.

Comment

Man what miserable conditions for huddling in a rainproof tent, much less a National Championship competition.

Those young ladies look like they want this to be over asap and I don't blame them one bit.

Is it just me, or does it appear that Gavyn Yetter could be competing in the Olympics in 3 years and it would surprise no one? To a layperson, her physical stature appears to be about perfect for this event.

Comment

Breanne was in Flight One of the Javelin Throw. Her best throw was 147-1 for 761 points and was the fourth best throw of the Flight.

Gavyn is in Flight Two which should start soon. There was a downpour in the middle of the Flight which caused a delay, but when the weather settled to a steady rain, the competition continued.

Gavyn threw 115-10 for 578 points.

Breanne now has 4625 points for thirteenth, and Gavyn has 4470 points for fourteenth.

The last event of the Heptathlon, the 800M, will be run at 713CT.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Man what miserable conditions for huddling in a rainproof tent, much less a National Championship competition.

Those young ladies look like they want this to be over asap and I don't blame them one bit.

Is it just me, or does it appear that Gavyn Yetter could be competing in the Olympics in 3 years and it would surprise no one? To a layperson, her physical stature appears to be about perfect for this event.
          No doubt about it, Gavyn passes the eye test. You are kind of surprised to find out she is only the Shocks' 3rd best multi-eventer in this Senior class.

Comment

Both Gavyn and Breanne run in Section One, the slower of the two.

Gavyn ran 2:16:03, second in this Section, for 878 points.

Breanne ran 2:23:21 for 780 points.

The event totals are 5405 for Breanne, good for eleventh place, and 5348 for Gavyn, good for twelfth place.

Well done, ladies!

The repeat winner is Kendell Williams of Georgia with 6265 points. Nina Schultz, a freshman at Kansas State, is second in the competition with 5959 points, a significant separation from first place.

Comment

Congrats to Breanne and Gavyn. Two 2nd team All-Americans and if Nikki had been healthy the Shocks would have had a 1st team All-American as well.

Well done Ladies. The Shocks have a boat load of talent to replace on their women's team next year.

Comment

Working...
              X