i've always been for jim littell.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've always been for jim littell.....

...as the next coach, even though i've only met him once...i've just been impressed with how he 's done everywhere he's been...

reasons why i think he'd be good:
    -proven winner at all levels
    -helped GREATLY to turn osu around
    - GREAT juco connections, which at least initially would be a plus..
    - from the area...

now...having said that, i think there might be other intriguing people out there...anyone have any thoughts?

Does Chris Lamb have a clone who coaches Women's Basketball?

Comment

Sorry, molly. After all your pimping of Littell you are not allowed to even consider anyone else. We have captured you and tied you down to the Littell bandwagon. There is no escape until it arrives home or the wheels fall off.

:D

Comment

ok, convicted....!

i hope he does get the job!

Comment

Part of the problem for fan guessing is that there is so much less publicity about up and coming coaches in the women's game than in the men's, that it makes speculation a lot harder.

Obviously the fans can notice regional people like Littell, Gillespie, and Stiles (who would certainly be an intriguing choice), but we don't have nearly as much info about people in other areas that JS could be looking at.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Well, Littell sure has the credentials, above other candidates so far, but Jan Ross (Oklahoma) could be a candidate, or if we want to go with an up-n-comer, Kelly Bond (Aggies) might be a candidate.

Comment

I've heard that Mark Turgeon might be available. :D
              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Bob Lutz was again promoting Jim Littell on the Sports Daily show this morning.

I wonder where he came up with that idea? Hmmmmmmmmmm!

I know Jim Littell was discussed on this board long before Bob Lutz ever made mention of Jim Littell.

Comment

Admittedly, I know little about women's basketball, but how about Jackie Stiles ?

Comment

Has Stiles ever even been on a ooaching staff, let alone as a head coach?

Comment

If Stiles wanted to get into coaching I'd be all for making her an assistant.

Littell has a good reputation and success and I've heard good things from those he'd recruited. It's hard to judge the womens game as was pointed out previously. I do like Gillespie as well but maybe he'd be better off staying on as an assistant since he's new to the womens side.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Since Littell was a candidate five years ago at WSU, I'm sure Lutz knows all about him. He also caoched at Seward and Friends. He's not exactly a secret. Do you really think somebody on this board was the first person to put LIttlel and WSU togehter?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony2
                          Since Littell was a candidate five years ago at WSU, I'm sure Lutz knows all about him. He also caoched at Seward and Friends. He's not exactly a secret. Do you really think somebody on this board was the first person to put LIttlel and WSU togehter?
                          Well of course... we have a plethora of KIA's around here. :D
                          SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony2
                            Interesting, I had not heard that Littell was a candidate 5 years ago.

Regarding, your specific question, as far as Lutz goes the answer is yes.

Comment

Ron McHenry from Washburn would be an excellent coach. He has won a Div II National Championship (2006?) and has been to the Great 8 several times in the last few years. The guy is a tremendous coach and gets DI calibur players at Washburn. I know that this is probably not going to happen but IMO he would be a great coach for the lady shocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X