Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    Very few ever mentioned Stiles as the HC. Now as a 3rd assistant it would be tempting.
    ... I'd hire her as a 3rd assistant in a New York minute! :good:
    My thoughts exactly. She's one of the all time greats in womens college basketball and injuries kept her from really shining in the pros. But she's a name that many young ladies would still know and may help draw some good talent to Wichita. Plus, she has a great understanding of the game and given time on the end of the coaching bench could really learn some things from that end and be a valuable piece of the puzzle. Obviously it's no guarantee, but would be worth the shot if she were interested.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: littel and stiles

Originally posted by newshock
      Littel not coming to Wichita shocked (no pun intended) me. But, it also makes clear what a bad state the program is in...I know he's been interested in the past and has family near...and would rather hang on at OSU with hopes of taking that position (which just might happen)...just no guarantees.

And for the fools who suggested stiles...omg, ignorance just might be bliss. She hasn't coached college before...get off the Kansas hometown girl bandwagon and make a competent choice for who you want. She applied at Hutchinson High School a few years ago and didn't even get an interview...nuff said. She doesn't have the credentials to apply for a strong high school team in Kansas...and definitely not a d1 (a bad one...i know) team.

Have you ever visited with her? She is well spoken and sharp as a tack....I've only met her once but she certainly seems to carry herself quite well on the surface I would guess that she'll be successful in just about anything she does.

Comment

Well, it will be interesting. If Gillespie is not kept on, then I would also go for Stiles to be the 3rd assistant. She would be real good on the recruiting trail.

Comment

Re: littel and stiles

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Littel not coming to Wichita shocked (no pun intended) me. But, it also makes clear what a bad state the program is in...I know he's been interested in the past and has family near...and would rather hang on at OSU with hopes of taking that position (which just might happen)...just no guarantees.

And for the fools who suggested stiles...omg, ignorance just might be bliss. She hasn't coached college before...get off the Kansas hometown girl bandwagon and make a competent choice for who you want. She applied at Hutchinson High School a few years ago and didn't even get an interview...nuff said. She doesn't have the credentials to apply for a strong high school team in Kansas...and definitely not a d1 (a bad one...i know) team.

Have you ever visited with her? She is well spoken and sharp as a tack....I've only met her once but she certainly seems to carry herself quite well on the surface I would guess that she'll be successful in just about anything she does.

Actually...many many times. I know her quite well, and I really like her. But she is NOT that well spoken. If she comes, she needs to be a video coordinator that can help w/analysis...but she'd be a waste w/recruiting. Too many supporters of her being hired are forgetting that the girls in hs now would barely know her if at all.

Comment

Kinda like how no guy in HS would have a clue who Danny Manning is. He sure hasn't hurt KU and many recruits have even talked about how his presence impacts thier decision.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Coach Adams said this morning that she has her additional assistant, who will be the recruiting coordinator, lined up but was not quite ready to announce it.

She said the only remaining position to fill on her staff is the DOBO.

She said her and her staff will be hard at work for the Shocks this weekend.

Comment

fruit

Kinda like how no guy in HS would have a clue who Danny Manning is. He sure hasn't hurt KU and many recruits have even talked about how his presence impacts thier decision.

Seriously...outside of Kansas...not too many girls would know stiles anymore...and many in kansas wouldn't either.

Your comparison is not valid...apples and oranges.

Comment

If you say so...
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Re: fruit

Seriously...outside of Kansas...not too many girls would know stiles anymore...and many in kansas wouldn't either.

Apparently you and I are the only one's who see this newshock. I was blasted (oh well!) for implying that Stiles wasn't the Cat's meow and wouldn't be the slam dunk hire that some people feel.

I agree that she is not very well spoken. Someone on here (another thread) even said she is a legend in WBB......

Michael Jordan - Legend
                    Babe Ruth - Legend

Ask anyone who the two above players are and they know even if they don't follow sports. That is a legend my friends! Just for giggles, I asked 15 people today who actually are following the women's tourney if they know who Jackie Stiles is, and all but one said they had never heard of her. That one person attended SMS when she played there.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUfan1975

Apparently you and I are the only one's who see this newshock. I was blasted (oh well!) for implying that Stiles wasn't the Cat's meow and wouldn't be the slam dunk hire that some people feel.

I agree that she is not very well spoken. Someone on here (another thread) even said she is a legend in WBB......

Michael Jordan - Legend
                      Babe Ruth - Legend

Ask anyone who the two above players are and they know even if they don't follow sports. That is a legend my friends! Just for giggles, I asked 15 people today who actually are following the women's tourney if they know who Jackie Stiles is, and all but one said they had never heard of her. That one person attended SMS when she played there.
                      I suppose you polled 15 WSU students? Wow! Maybe it’s time for you to shut your trap... you obviously don't know what you’re talking about.
                      8)
                      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Michael Jordan - Legend
                        Babe Ruth - Legend

I suppose you polled 15 WSU students? Wow! Maybe it’s time for you to shut your trap... you obviously don't know what you’re talking about.
                        8)
                        So then, according to The Sandlot she would be invincible? I could see that coming in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Michael Jordan - Legend
                          Babe Ruth - Legend

8)
                          When I was in college, we frequently debated topics. A basic rule of debate is to attack the topic, not your fellow debators. Thanks for the immature attack on me though...good post!

Further, most former WSU students know of Jackie Stiles; hence "outside of Kansas" not knowing of her. Thanks for reading the post thoroughly though.

Comment

Whether or not people already know about Jackie Stiles is not particularly relevant (although there will be high school players who know who she is).

What would give her recruiting impact is that she is the NCAA all time leading scorer and has a Final Four on her resume (out of this conference). Regardless of whether a recruit already knew this, when you can pull out those facts, it helps you gain credibility. What recruit isn't going to think that the NCAA all-time leading scorer might know a thing or two about the game and might make them a better player?
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                              Whether or not people already know about Jackie Stiles is not particularly relevant (although there will be high school players who know who she is).

What would give her recruiting impact is that she is the NCAA all time leading scorer and has a Final Four on her resume (out of this conference). Regardless of whether a recruit already knew this, when you can pull out those facts, it helps you gain credibility. What recruit isn't going to think that the NCAA all-time leading scorer might know a thing or two about the game and might make them a better player?
                              TMH... there you go using common sense again. Please stop! :D
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Thanks for your insight Mad Hatter. That makes more sense and is more intelligent than just blurting out that she would be a good recruiter "just because".

Whoever ends up filling the final Assistant position, I just hope they are able to successfully help the team get back to .500+ and recruit some talent to the school. I'm sure Coach Adams will be better at developing players than Coach Albright was so that will be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X