No announcement yet.

i've always been for jim littell.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to keep pimping Ron McHenry (D2 National Champs 2005) and Brandon Schneider at Emporia State.

Both have had tremendous success.

Comment

I know you want these guys, however, I hope Jim is thinking higher than this.

Comment

I hear John Wooden is recovering nicely from his broken wrist.

Comment

Bob Lutz says that based in his information and direct conversations with Jim Littell that he believes Jim Littell is our man.

He said not only is Jim Littell perhaps the best candidate available to us, but that Jim very much WANTS the WSU job, and Bob believes that Jim considers the head job at WSU to be a destination job for him, I think Bob even referred to it as Jim's dream job.

Of course, looks like Mr. Littell is going to be busy for a least a couple of more weeks. OSU looking pretty solid in the NCAA Tourney and a likely Sweet 16 or beyond participant.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Bob Lutz says that based in his information and direct conversations with Jim Littell that he believes Jim Littell is our man.

He said not only is Jim Littell perhaps the best candidate available to us, but that Jim very much WANTS the WSU job, and Bob believes that Jim considers the head job at WSU to be a destination job for him, I think Bob even referred to it as Jim's dream job.

Of course, looks like Mr. Littell is going to be busy for a least a couple of more weeks. OSU looking pretty solid in the NCAA Tourney and a likely Sweet 16 or beyond participant.
            To an outsider, that appears to be good news. Jim may indeed be busy preparing for a prolonged NCAA run but typically that does not stand in the way of furthering an assistants progression the way, for instance, Anthony Grant might have to wait to take another job. If they both are looking that way, I would expect an announcement sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

To an outsider, that appears to be good news. Jim may indeed be busy preparing for a prolonged NCAA run but typically that does not stand in the way of furthering an assistants progression the way, for instance, Anthony Grant might have to wait to take another job. If they both are looking that way, I would expect an announcement sooner than later.
              Jim is actually the Associate Head Coach at OSU. I know it's only a title, but I think Kurt Budke considers Jim pretty much an equal. It is possible they could make an announcement sooner than later, but it would not surprise me if Jim stayed with OSU during their NCAA run.

Then again, Jim Schaus may pull a rabbit out of his hat and go a completely different direction, although I don't know if there is a better fit than Jim Littell at this time.

Comment

I can see the other side also. If Jim Littell is the man and WSU is allowed to contact him prior to the end of OSU's season, there is some work to do for the Shocks.

We have 10 players returning from this year's roster including Val Siemens and we have signed only two recruits for a total of 12.

I believe the NCAA allows the Women's teams 15 scholarships, so we could sign an additional 3 players this year.

Not sure what is available at this point but I'm sure Jim has been on the recruiting trail for OSU so he may or may not have some potential recruits he would like to pursue. The sooner he can get to work, the better in this regard.

P.S. Of course, the two incoming recruits could also ask to be released from their LOI's.

Comment

P.S. Of course, the two incoming recruits could also ask to be released from their LOI's.
                  I hope that we can keep the recruits, especially Kayla Rice. Apparently when Gillespie went to watch her play, he was blown away. He said that usually, after coming from the men's game, he isn't overawed watching women's recruits, but thought that the way Kayla played reminded him of mens guards he recruited out of New York.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

That's high praise!
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                      I hope that we can keep the recruits, especially Kayla Rice. Apparently when Gillespie went to watch her play, he was blown away. He said that usually, after coming from the men's game, he isn't overawed watching women's recruits, but thought that the way Kayla played reminded him of mens guards he recruited out of New York.
                      Sounds very intriguing. Let's hope we keep her. The only question I had about Kayla was the level of competition she has faced at the 2A level in Missouri. Still, Coach Gillespie's first hand assessment sounds quite promising.

If Jim Littell is the guy, he may be able to convince Kayla he knows a thing or two about quality, athletic guards (i.e. see Andrea Riley of the OSU Cowgirls).

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        BTW, that's another reason I hope Jim Littell, if he is hired, considers retaining Mike Gillespie on his staff. I think that could be a win-win for Jim, Mike and the Shocker players.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU
                          Ron McHenry from Washburn would be an excellent coach. He has won a Div II National Championship (2006?) and has been to the Great 8 several times in the last few years. The guy is a tremendous coach and gets DI calibur players at Washburn. I know that this is probably not going to happen but IMO he would be a great coach for the lady shocks.

Update: Washburn is headed for the Elite 8 again this year. Washburn defeated Emporia State last night to advance to the last round.

Comment

littel and stiles

Littel not coming to Wichita shocked (no pun intended) me. But, it also makes clear what a bad state the program is in...I know he's been interested in the past and has family near...and would rather hang on at OSU with hopes of taking that position (which just might happen)...just no guarantees.

And for the fools who suggested stiles...omg, ignorance just might be bliss. She hasn't coached college before...get off the Kansas hometown girl bandwagon and make a competent choice for who you want. She applied at Hutchinson High School a few years ago and didn't even get an interview...nuff said. She doesn't have the credentials to apply for a strong high school team in Kansas...and definitely not a d1 (a bad one...i know) team.

Comment

Very few ever mentioned Stiles as the HC. Now as a 3rd assistant it would be tempting.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                                Very few ever mentioned Stiles as the HC. Now as a 3rd assistant it would be tempting.
                                ... I'd hire her as a 3rd assistant in a New York minute! :good:
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X