No announcement yet.

Wichita State WBB - Miscellaneous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed on the Shocker roster that Brittany Martin is listed as a Sophomore, which is good if accurate. She played in 8 games as a Freshman at Old Dominion and in 18 games at NW Florida CC last year. I'm wondering if she was injured in her Freshman year at Old Dominion and has received a medical hardship waiver.
    Anyone know for sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I noticed on the Shocker roster that Brittany Martin is listed as a Sophomore, which is good if accurate. She played in 8 games as a Freshman at Old Dominion and in 18 games at NW Florida CC last year. I'm wondering if she was injured in her Freshman year at Old Dominion and has received a medical hardship waiver.
      Anyone know for sure?
      Don't know about Brittany. Good news on the signing. Looks like she can play.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
        Don't know about Brittany. Good news on the signing. Looks like she can play.
        Also inked a girl from New Mexico I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Also inked a girl from New Mexico I believe
          I hope we're ready. Had some double-day practices this week, very tired team, very unhappy coach. We need games and wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            I hope we're ready. Had some double-day practices this week, very tired team, very unhappy coach. We need games and wins.
            Pretty sure Bonner isn't playing Saturday. Not positive, but the source is pretty reliable.

Comment

• 3 signed NLI's. Here's the goshockers.com article.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                3 signed NLI's. Here's the goshockers.com article.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500
                Sounds like a pretty solid group of recruits. Welcome to Shocker Nation ladies.

Comment

• In response to a caller's question Jody spoke about her recruiting for next year. She talked about the 3 high school commits she has in hand.

She said Sabrina Lozada-Cabbage out of Santa Fe, NM is similar to Michaela Dapprich except she is 3 inches taller at 6-1 and more athletic than Dap. She said Jyar Francis, 6-0 forward out of Hammond, LA, is very athletic and can really score the ball inside and out. 6-2 Ellie Lehne out of Byron, IL will be a stretch 4 perhaps along the lines of Kelsey Jacobs.

She also said that she would be adding 3 Junior College signees this spring. Looking for scorers, athleticism, and length that can play defense as well as contribute on the offensive end.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    In response to a caller's question Jody spoke about her recruiting for next year. She talked about the 3 high school commits she has in hand.

She said Sabrina Lozada-Cabbage out of Santa Fe, NM is similar to Michaela Dapprich except she is 3 inches taller at 6-1 and more athletic than Dap. She said Jyar Francis, 6-0 forward out of Hammond, LA, is very athletic and can really score the ball inside and out. 6-2 Ellie Lehne out of Byron, IL will be a stretch 4 perhaps along the lines of Kelsey Jacobs.

She also said that she would be adding 3 Junior College signees this spring. Looking for scorers, athleticism, and length that can play defense as well as contribute on the offensive end.
                    I heard that as well. Even if all recruits were as good as Alex it takes at least one season or two to get to a level we're playing now. Hopefully we don't drop off next year and in the meantime I'm just going to enjoy this season.

Comment

• Excuse my lack of confidence in my memory. Any chance Anna K. will return for next year and what about Lockhart?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Excuse my lack of confidence in my memory. Any chance Anna K. will return for next year and what about Lockhart?
                        Diamond Lockhart will not be eligible this year, though they tried. She will play next year and is a nice player. No word on Anna.

Comment

• So why did Lockhart transfer in the first place?

Comment

So why did Lockhart transfer in the first place?
                            I don't know? Better program?

Comment

I think Texas Tech made a coaching change and the new coach undertook a major overhaul of the roster which made things at the guard position a little crowded and I think Diamond thought she could find a better situation for her.

Diamond was one of 3 freshmen guards that left Texas Tech at the end of their freshman years after the coaching change.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 6, 2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I actually have spoken to Diamond and it was a simple matter of the coaching change. Nothing against coach Whitaker, but she was recruited by someone else who left before she even got to play her first game.

Comment

Working...
                                X