No announcement yet.

Valley WBB Post Season Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said before I like Drake's new, young coach Jennie Baranczyk. Drake has everbody but Stefanie Running back next year. They are a little undersized but they can shoot it, espcecially if you leave them wide open like the Shocks did in the 1st half and early in the 2nd half. Drake's last made three was at the 17 minute mark.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      You are far more level headed when commenting on men's sports when compared to women's b-ball. On this board, you act as bipolar as the rest of us!
      I plead guilty your honor and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

Comment

Another 1st for the Lady Shocks. This is the 1st time in 7 tries that the Shocks have beaten Drake in the Valley Tournament.

Comment

Shocks will face Northern Iowa and Valley POY Jacqui Kalin tomorrow in the semifinals as the Panthers knocked off Indiana State 71-60.

Shocks are 1-6 in semi-final games winning only 1997.

Shocks defeated UNI in both previous meetings this year: 60-57 in Cedar Falls and 57-47 in Wichita. However, like Drake the Shocks have never beaten UNI in the Valley Tournament (0-4).

Both teams on equal footing game-wise in the tournament. Shocks will have a couple of more hours of rest but I don't think that is really significant.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Great win Ladies, keep it rolling tomorrow!

Would be amazing to have both our hoops squads in the Dance.

Comment

Interesting Stat: When the Lady Shocks score 60 or more points this year the are 17-1.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Interesting Stat: When the Lady Shocks score 60 or more points this year the are 17-1.
                And that one loss was a two point defeat on the road to a 20-win, top 40 rpi LSU team.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks struggling big-time on offense today trailing UNI 21-32 at the half. They have their work cut out to score 60 today. Not sure why Jaz Gordon can't find the floor. She was oustanding in the final regular season game against MSU. Then again there are many things that Jody does that I don't always understand. But she is the MVC Coach of the Year so their is obviously a method to her madness.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 16, 2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

'72 ... Shhh.

Lady Shocks start the 2nd half with a frenzy and take the lead with about 14:00 to play.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

WSU 46-40 leads with 10:00 left.

Comment

Alex Harden absolutely taking the game over right now.

It's a 27-10 Shocker run since halftime. Harden with 16. UNI ball down 42-48 at the under 8 media TO. 7:49 left.

Comment

nm - Doc beat me.

Comment

Effing bs charge call against the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Effing bs charge call against the Shocks.
                              That wasn't even close to a charge, but that was a quintessential protect the stars call you see in the Valley.

Comment

Not surprisingly, UNI women equally good at flopping and faking as the UNI men.

UNI leads now 50-49 with 5 and change to go. If WSU plays smart, and the players are allowed to decide the game, the Shocks should win.

Comment

Working...
                                X