No announcement yet.

#25/RV Shocker SB at Razorback Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cassie strikes out then Lauren takes the ball to the wall and it might have even left the yard but for the Arkansas LF who made a dynamite play. 2 out.

2-0 on Syd and she drives one off the wall for a double.

At 1-1 Addie fouls one a mile high between 3rd and home that is caught against the net but ruled to have touched the net first. Foul ball. Ark player who caught it pouting.

Given another chance Addie just barely misses a HR, just a shade in front and flies out. Every time she swings she's a threat to leave the yard.

Still 1-0 Arkansas but unless we can get some production, might just see Syd and Addie one more time late if we're still close.

I don't know softball rules, but the Arkansas pitcher, to me, is clearly hopping/jumping on each pitch. I assume if it was egregious they'd be calling it. But it looks bad to me.

Comment

Schopfer’s shot is coming today. 5-0 Woo Pig and she’s coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I don't know softball rules, but the Arkansas pitcher, to me, is clearly hopping/jumping on each pitch. I assume if it was egregious they'd be calling it. But it looks bad to me.
        Umpires are being (have been instructed to be, I think) a bit more lax in calling leaping. I think the leaping rule will be dropped in a few short years. (The NCAA makes Rules changes only every other year.) It has already been dropped from the Rules of some organizations - ISF, the international ruling body, for example.

Also, Western needed four runs to continue playing. The rule is "eight after five."

Comment

Top of the fifth: Krystin, Cassie, Lauren - all absolute or relative newbies - I love the fight.

A little fight in Sydney and Addison, too. :)

And the Razorbacks "Haff" to bring on their stud.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; February 19, 2022, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Wish they would have left Howell in for longer!

Comment

Hogs win 7-4. Shox made a rally in the fifth, but once Mary Haff came on it was lights out. I think we learned a little more about the pitching this weekend. The freshman pitchers aren’t far behind the seniors, if at all.

Comment

Shockers 4-7 Arkansas

No boxscore, so no summary stats.

You heard it here first. Not long into the conference season, freshmen will be getting two of the three weekends starts.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; February 19, 2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Other Saturday Games

Longwood 4-15(5) Arkansas
                  Arkansas tried to pitch someone other than Haff. Longwood tried to pitch someone other than Backstrom. Neither plan worked. Haff came in trailing and "held on" for the W.

Illinois 7-0 Western Illinois
                  A no-hitter by Sickels with 16 Ks!!. Only a seventh inning error kept this from being a perfect game.

Longwood 5-3 Illinois
                  Sickels tried to pitch back-to-back but three unearned runs did her in. Backstrom was good enough.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; February 19, 2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    Shockers 4-7 Arkansas

No boxscore, so no summary stats.

You heard it here first. Not long into the conference season, freshmen will be getting two of the three weekends starts.
                    Box Scores for today's game now available on goShockers.com

Wichita State run-ruled Western Illinois, 11-0, to begin the final day of the Razorback Invitational, but fell in the finale to No. 10 Arkansas, 7-4.

Comment

Sunday Games

Longwood 1-3 Western Illinois
                      Backstrom pitched the entire game for the Lancers

Illinois 8-6 Arkansas
                      Down 2-6 after five, the Illini lit up Haff, scoring two in the seventh, for the win

Western Illinois 3-13(5) Arkansas
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; February 20, 2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Sydney is Player of the Week

Comment

Working...
                        X