Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dregn
    It's her right knee I believe
    Yes it is her right knee (see pictures from MVC VB awards ceremony on goShockers.com).

I have no clue whether it her ACL or her MCL, not that it really matters as fM noted. My money is on Sully's description as far as accuracy.

Nevertheless, I still really liked the substance of Bob's article.

Lambo also continues to show that he is a class act all the way and why he has been so successful.

:goshocks:

Comment

I did find this interesting:

Lamb kept the extent of the injury under wraps last week in case the NCAA selection committee wanted to penalize WSU's bid to host.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
        From Lutz, "anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee".

From Suellentrop, "medial collateral ligament in her right knee".

Which is it? Not that it ultimately matters. I am like everyone else; I am still feeling badly for her.

I thought that was interesting as well, but it is very possible it was both. The pop is slightly more pronounced (I believe) with the MCL. Both is not good. The rehab can be long and painful. If there is meniscus damage as well, then it's even worse. My guess, MCL tear, ACL damage. They'll do a donor replacement on the MCL, probably the ACL as well and I pray they don't have to suture the meniscus.

Thankfully, doctors are a lot better at these things today than when I had it done. The important thing is for Sarah to be able to run pain free in a year so she can live a comfortable life going forward.

Comment

Auburn 25-15 Missouri State

Not a very pretty sight.

Auburn 26-24 Missouri State

The Bears jumped to an early lead, but soon lost it. They rallied from 21-24, but Auburn pulled it out.

Comment

MSU fought off 3 set points in Set 2 to tie the game at 24, but Auburn then scored 2 points coming out of a timeout to go up 2-0.

I see Christine McCartney is back on the court for the Bears.

Comment

Ugly start for the Bears in Set 3. Down 3-9 early and not looking good.

Comment

Very nice comback by the Bears to take a 14-12 lead. Now tied again at 14 all.

Time to go. Go Bears!

Comment

Bears lose a very tough 3rd set 27-25.

Good effort by the Lady Bears, especially in the Sets 2 and 3. Just not quite good enough unfortunately.

Comment

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Which is it? Not that it ultimately matters. I am like everyone else; I am still feeling badly for her.
                      It is her right knee. She is getting ready for surgery and will be ready to play in six months. She was lucky it was a clean tear. She really misses volleyball and hopes to go play overseas after graduation. I think she will do really well and I hope her luck changes after this injury.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22

It is her right knee. She is getting ready for surgery and will be ready to play in six months. She was lucky it was a clean tear. She really misses volleyball and hopes to go play overseas after graduation. I think she will do really well and I hope her luck changes after this injury.
                        Thanks for the update. And I was taking a swipe at the Eagle as much as anything else. I thought I remembered from the incident itself and the MVC banquet pictures that it was the right knee.

Comment

Today's video links:

Creighton v Iowa State at 430pm at Minnesota Regional

And for us poor souls who had prior commitments for Friday,

Wichita State at Oklahoma at 730pm at Oklahoma Regional

Or so the web sites say.

Comment

Iowa State 25- 27 Creighton

The Jays jumped to a 9-4 lead, lost it, and then came back from 21-24. Creighton radio has the audio over the video feed.

Iowa State 25-16 Creighton

The Cyclones controlled this one the whole way.

Comment

Tulsa takes the first set from LSU 25-20. Given that Tulsa is 30-2 and ranked as the #22 team in the nation, I wouldn't be happy if I were LSU and that was the team seeded 4th in my bracket.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Tulsa takes the second 25-15 to go up 2-0.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X