No announcement yet.

2010 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see he has UNI as the #7 National Seed. Excellent and well deserved IMO (that could drop a little if the lose to Creighton in today's MVC Tournament Championship match).

:good:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      I see he has UNI as the #7 National Seed. Excellent and well deserved IMO (that could drop a little if the lose to Creighton in today's MVC Tournament Championship match).

? That match was over some time ago '72.....

We'll get Nebraska or Texas per usual. Until we have a UNI '10 type season, that is going to be our lot in volleyball life unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Originally posted by 1972Shocker

? That match was over some time ago '72.....
        They were in a close Set 4 at the time I posted that. At least according to Gametracker stats.

Comment

Rich Kern ran a computation of RKPI after tonight's matches, which I found interesting. It isn't the "official" RPI, but it seems pretty close for the most part (of course, who's to say that the committee more or less plotted things out prior to tonight's matches and don't even look at an updated RPI).
          Anyhow, here is how the top MVC teams fit in (with last week's official RPI in parenthesis):

#3 UNI (6)
          #20 WSU ( 18 )
          #29 Creighton (39)
          #39 Missouri State (33)

Comment

A rematch in Norman with Oklahoma...LSU is the top seed in the sub-regional with Tulsa as the 4th team. Definately our best shot ever given at a sweet 16, but probably the toughest 1st round oppenent we have ever drawn.

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a draw! You have to wonder though, we had to be on the very edge of hosting.

I am giddy right now. Taking off Friday to watch the match, and hopefully the first ever sweet 16 in program history.

We have a great shot.....I hope the ladies are up to the task.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Austin Regional seeds

1 Florida
                8 Illinois
                9 Texas
                16 Purdue

Seattle Regional seeds

2 Nebraska
                7 California
                10 Minnesota
                15 Hawai'i

Dayton Regional seeds

3 Stanford
                6 USC
                11 Tennessee
                14 Dayton

University Park PA Regional seeds

4 Penn State
                5 Northern Iowa
                12 Duke
                13 LSU

Comment

I am ready to go to Norman right now. I wonder if the University is even going to care about the matches with the Big12 Championship looming?

I'll take a repeat of the first match of the year, followed by a win against Tulsa (prep for b-ball) and then a match against the 3 time defending National Champs with the right to face UNI a third time to go to the Final Four.

If you can't tell, I am borderline crazy happy right now.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

MVC does get four teams in.

UNI hosting and if they play to their abilities they should move on to the Sweet 16.

Shocks with maybe their best shot at making a Sweet 16.

Creighton has a tough regional from the get go getting Iowa State in Round 1 with Minnesota the proobably opponent in Round 2 if they would get by Iowa State.

MSU with a good shot a a first round win but are looking at Nebraska in Round 2.

Comment

I'm with ya Doc...taking the trip to Norman all depends upon game time...hoping it's late enough I can head out after most of a day of work and catch the match.

Comment

I hope OU's building is big enough for all of us!!!!!!!!!
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Hope to see y'all in Pennsylvania!
                          (okay, so I'm not going to hold my breath on both of us making it to the Regional final to actually face off again, but I think it is quite possible that both teams could make it to the second weekend).

Comment

OU must have used their football war chest to buy this regional because they only average 872 fans per home match.

So much for rewarding teams that can draw.

Of course, with the Shocker fans placed at OU the NCAA might figure that Shocker fans will still take care of making sure this event is well attended.

Comment

Trust me, it ain't.

Comment

I know I am embarrassing myself but I cannot tell you how geeked I am right now....is it Friday yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X