No announcement yet.

2010 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard the good news! SHOX earned it. Nothing a given. We must pass the ball or go home early. If I hear Mike Kennedy say "ball tipped over the net" two times in a row by the SHOX we are done. You don't win these type of games tippin. Ask the Tippin Tigers from LSU!
    GO SHOX!

Comment

Got my tickets & hotel.

Is it Friday yet?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I am so excited for the SHOX. :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo:

I attended the OU tournament at the beginning of the year and was NOT impressed with their facilities. I wonder if it will be in the same gym.

I love seeing a good smash as well as the next person, but sometimes tipping the ball is all a hitter can do with what they have been given. It all starts with a good pass.......Right now I will be thankful for any and all points the girls can get--regardless how it happens. GO SHOX!!!

Comment

It will again be in the aging McCasland Field House just north of Owen Field.

You're right, it isn't impressive but it is historic.

Frankly it's embarrassing that Oklahoma hasn't done anything to upgrade that facility. You could do a LOT to that and still keep the history.

Comment

This would seem to be a very competitive and balanced regional from top to bottom. I think any one of the four teams in this regional are capable of winning it.

Comment

Here is the Sub-Regional Central link:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Average home attendance for LSU (892), OU (839) and Tulsa (376) combined is 2,107.

Average home attendance for the Shocks this year was 2,501.

630 mile drive from Baton Rouge. So its not likely that too may LSU fans will make the trip.

Shocks should be well supported at this regional I would think. Even if you can't get down for Friday's match with OU it's not a real tough round trip if the Shocks can get to the 2:00 pm championship match on Saturday.

If we can get by OU Friday night then I would expect Shocker fans to own the gym on Saturday.

Comment

We beat OU earlier this year in a 6-2 set (two setters on the floor instead of one). We normally play a 5-1. Anybody think we may switch back to a 6-2 just for this match? I can see Lambo believing it will give us a strategic edge.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu
                    We beat OU earlier this year in a 6-2 set (two setters on the floor instead of one). We normally play a 5-1. Anybody think we may switch back to a 6-2 just for this match? I can see Lambo believing it will give us a strategic edge.
                    I think the chances of that happening are about as close to zero as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWu

Slim and none......bye, bye Slim.

I would have liked to see the 6-2 a little more because I love the upside of Chelsey Feekin and I think Sam Sanders could be spectacular as well. I thought Lambo could have stuck a little longer with it, but I don't know squat about volleyball, and I barely understand the 6-2 anyway.

Is it Friday yet?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

We used the 6-2 for the first 5 matches of the year. One reason for giving that a try was Hoop's lower leg problems. Lambo also probably wanted to see how Chelsey would perform.

We did not play especially well in those matches irrespective of the fact that we defeated OU in the opening match. We followed that up with a 5-set loss to Miami (a team I believe Lambo thought we should beat), a sweep of UT-Arlington (with the 2 and 3 sets being very close), a sweep over an over-matched Stephen F. Austin and a 3-1 home loss to a very pedestrian Portland team (perhaps our worst loss of the year).

We were getting very little scoring on the outside other than Camri. At that point we sure weren't looking like an at-large NCAA team. Lambo apparently decided Hoop's legs would hold up (or would have to hold up) and he shelved the 6-2.

As you know, Lambo is a stat guy. The No. 1 reason he will not return to the 6-2 is Emily Adney stats as follows:

In the 6-2: 1.78 kills per set and a .101 hitting percentage
                        In the 5-1: 3.93 kills per set and a .272 hitting percentage (1st Team All-MVC after leading the league in conference games in kills and scoring).

As Doc said - Slim has left the building.

Comment

In season opening match against OU the Shocks hit .157 (our season average is .246) and had 14 service errors yet we still were able to sweep the Sooners.

OU hit a very poor .009 (27-26-108) vs their season average of .226.

I would expect both teams to play better in the re-match. It is very unlikely that we will hold OU to that low of a percentage again.

OTOH, I don't think the Shocks will hand OU 5 points a set in service errors this time around and I also think the Shocks attack is significantly improved since the beginning of the year, although the loss of Sarah McGee is no doubt a significant loss (perhaps in experience and leadership as much as anything). We will need solid performances from Elizabeth and Ashley in the middle to be successful.

Hopefully, the Ladies really want this. A great opportunity to take this program to new heights is at hand.

Nothing would be better than to be inhaling the Sweet 16 smell of success come around 4:00 pm Saturday afternoon.

:goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            In season opening match against OU the Shocks hit .157 (our season average is .246) and had 14 service errors yet we still were able to sweep the Sooners.

OU hit a very poor .009 (27-26-108) vs their season average of .226.

I would expect both teams to play better in the re-match. It is very unlikely that we will hold OU to that low of a percentage again.

OTOH, I don't think the Shocks will hand OU 5 points a set in service errors this time around and I also think the Shocks attack is significantly improved since the beginning of the year, although the loss of Sarah McGee is no doubt a significant loss (perhaps in experience and leadership as much as anything). We will need solid performances from Elizabeth and Ashley in the middle to be successful.

Hopefully, the Ladies really want this. A great opportunity to take this program to new heights is at hand.

Nothing would be better than to be inhaling the Sweet 16 smell of success come around 4:00 pm Saturday afternoon.

:goshocks: :clap:

NO-THING.

Comment

Is it friday yet? Got my tickets yesterday through the OU ticket office. So I won't be sitting in the WSU block of tickets, but I'll at least be there.

One thing I was impressed with was that on Monday afternoon I got a phone call from the WSU ticket office telling me that they had sold out their allotment of tickets and providing me with the OU ticket office number. Apparently, from the sound of it on the phone, they were calling all season ticket holders who had not called them and place an order.

Comment

I'm not sure how big a block of tickets the Shocks had but I checked before the UMKC basketball game Monday and they were sold out.
                                I bought mine yesterday through the OU ticket office.

From looking at the OU website the McCasland Field House looks like it has the majority of its seating in the upper level (which is General Admission). These seats don't look bad at all. Doc might be able to opine on that since I think he has been there.

Not sure what the capacity of McCasland is. I'm guessing 4,000 to 5,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X