MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    OK, UNI will be the top seed out of the 4 teams that are at the site of the first two rounds wherever UNI will be assigned two. I AGREE that they will not be one of the top 4 national seeds.

I do believe UNI will be one of the 16 national seeds.
    So essentially, we are in total agreement on everything but terminology. :)

And as far as seeds go, there is only one "seed" at each host site (it just isn't necessarily the host team that gets the seed, although that is usually ghe case)

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
      And as far as seeds go, there is only one "seed" at each host site (it just isn't necessarily the host team that gets the seed, although that is usually the case)
      Technically true, but the "seeds" at each site are easy to determine by who play the #1 seed at the site and by the color of the jerseys on the other two teams in their match. (Same as basketball I believe - the higher seed wears the lighter-colored jersey.) I think the Shocks have been the #3 "site seed" every year they have gone to the NCAAs.

Comment

I thought we were a "2 seed" in at least one sub-regional (or whatever the call the 1st two rounds of the tournament).

I'm thinking the year we defeated Nevada we were the "2" and they were the "3".

Generally, though the difference in being a "2" or "3" seed in the "sub-regionals" is of very little significance.

Just don't want to be a "4" seed in the "sub-regional".

Comment

Northern Iowa 3-1 Creighton

25-18, 25-19, 20-25, 25-20

Comment

UNI continues its stellar season winning the MVC Tournament Championship 25-18, 25-19, 20-25 and 25-20.

UNI completes is second consecutive perfect MVC Season winning both the regular season and MVC Tournament without a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              I thought we were a "2 seed" in at least one sub-regional (or whatever the call the 1st two rounds of the tournament).

I'm thinking the year we defeated Nevada we were the "2" and they were the "3".
              You could well be correct. I was just recalling, in general, Lambo's "reactions" to the Shocks placements in the sub-regionals. But then, he has a lot of reactions. :)

Comment

Working...
              X