MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Tournament

UNI swept MSU tonight to complete their second consecutive 18-0 conference season.

The seeds are:

#1 UNI
    #2 WSU
    #3 CU
    #4 MSU
    #5 ILS
    #6 DU

On Thursday:
    #3 CU vs #6 DU
    #4 MSU vs #5 ILS

On Friday:
    #2 WSU plays the winner of the CU/DU match
    #1 UNI plays the winner of the MSU/ILS match

The Championship match will be on Saturday and I would expect that it will be televised somewhere.

Illinois State won both head-to-head matches over Drake, so they win the tiebreaker for the #5 seed.

And I believe the championship match is set to air on FoxSports,
    but how that works with the different regional networks, and whether it will be live or tape-delayed, I know not.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
      Illinois State won both head-to-head matches over Drake, so they win the tiebreaker for the #5 seed.

And I believe the championship match is set to air on FoxSports,
      but how that works with the different regional networks, and whether it will be live or tape-delayed, I know not.
      Thanks. Updated.

Comment

and the times have been announced for the matches:
        Conference Tournament pairings

Thursday matches:
        6 pm - #3 Creighton vs. #6 Drake
        8 pm - #4 MSU vs. #5 Illinois State

Friday matches:
        5 pm - #2 WSU vs. CU/DU winner
        7 pm - #1 UNI vs. MSU/ILS winner

Saturday:
        3:37 pm - championship match (TV: Fox Sports Midwest)

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
          and the times have been announced for the matches:
          Conference Tournament pairings

Thursday matches:
          6 pm - #3 Creighton vs. #6 Drake
          8 pm - #4 MSU vs. #5 Illinois State

Friday matches:
          5 pm - #2 WSU vs. CU/DU winner
          7 pm - #1 UNI vs. MSU/ILS winner

Saturday:
          3:37 pm - championship match (TV: Fox Sports Midwest)

Finally. Any reason these times weren't announced sooner? As of Thursday, times were not available, at least not on any website that mattered, and not to our coaches (as far as I know).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Finally. Any reason these times weren't announced sooner? As of Thursday, times were not available, at least not on any website that mattered, and not to our coaches (as far as I know).
            The times hasn't officially been announced when I went to sleep last night (11ish), let alone on Thursday.

I guess they felt they didn't have to announce the times until they knew the teams (and they didn't put out the press release with last night's match results, and the tourney pairings) until late last night.

the MVC administration/info crew is dreadfully slow sometimes. (heh)

Match times seem to be about the same each year (within an hour or two), at least for Thurs./Fri. (Sat. depends on whatever TV they have lined up). I kind of figured they'd set it up so that the host team got the "prime time" match, because that just makes sense for attendance purposes.

I know I saw times listed on some of the team schedules as early as a couple weeks ago, but you might have been referring to that in your "websites that mattered" quip :lol: )

Comment

The only websites that mattered (UNI, WSU and the MVC) didn't have times listed.

I don't understand why not. It cannot matter that way, one time or another. To me, it's just another example of the worthlessness of this conference.

If fans wanted to plan, it would be nice to be able to plan more than a few days in advance.

Comment

The only websites that mattered (UNI, WSU and the MVC) didn't have times listed.

I don't understand why not. It cannot matter that way, one time or another. To me, it's just another example of the worthlessness of this conference.

If fans wanted to plan, it would be nice to be able to plan more than a few days in advance.
                I agree. Putting up something like:
                Thurs. - Quarterfinals - 6 pm / 8 pm
                Fri. - Semifinals - 5 pm / 7 pm
                Sat. - Championship - 3:37 pm

and if they wanted to be on the safe side, they could have asterisked it with a "times subject to change" if they really wanted to.

Comment

tourney info from the MVC site

For those who can't make it to CF:
                  Fans can follow the action at the 2010 State Farm MVC Volleyball Championship online with live stats and free video-streaming via MVC Live, the league's online video-streaming package.
                  Both opening round and semifinal matches are available on MVC Live - the league's video-streaming package, while the championship contest on Saturday will be televised live on the MVC TV Network at 3:37 p.m. The championship final will air live on Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports Indiana, Fox Sports Kansas City, Fox College Sports, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Metro Sports in Kansas City, Mo. and on DirecTV Channel 671, Dish Network Channel 418, and AT&T U-verse Channel 748

Comment

Thanks JJ. Any idea if they announce the sub regionals BEFORE the Sunday field announcement?

Comment

Thanks JJ. Any idea if they announce the sub regionals BEFORE the Sunday field announcement?
                      no clue. they might notify the host schools earlier on Sunday, but it wouldn't surprise me if everyone found out at the same time via espnnews.

Comment

Here is the link for the video streams, you don't have to register http://www.mvc-sports.com/liveEvents...DB_OEM_ID=7600

Comment

Creighton drubbed Drake 25-11 in Set 1, but Drake responded with a
                          25-21 win in Set 2. Tied at the break.

Creighton takes Set 3 by 25-18 score and then run out to a 13-1 lead in Set 4. The Goose is cooked.

Shocks will face Creighton tomorrow as anticipated.

Comment

Creighton 3-1 Drake

25-11, 21-25, 25-18, 25-18

Comment

Missouri State trailing the Redbirds 2-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X