No announcement yet.

MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks show some fight as the take Set 3 25-17 with a good all-around performance.

CU has been focusing on Emily Adney and I don't think she played all that much in Set 3. Sam Sanders with some nice contributions.

Good blocking.

Too many service errors, but didn't seemt to bother the Shocks.

Need a repeat to get this to a 5th set.

:goshocks:

Comment

Creighton getting much better swings at the ball on a much more consistent basis than the Shocks.

Shocks trail 7-14 in Set 4. Not looking good.

Comment

Now 18-7. Feekin replaces Hooper. Lambo throws in the towel.

Comment

Creighton blows out the Shocks 25-12 in Set 4 to take the match 3-1.

Perhaps the Shocks worst set of the year. No doubt Creighton wanted this match much worse than the Shocks.

Shocks continue to perform below par in the MVC Tournament.

Now we need UNI to knock of ILS to eliminate the chance of another unneeded upset in the MVC Tournament.

Comment

About the only positive for the Shocks was that they outblocked CU 14-8 which is an area you would expect to miss Sarah's contributions most significantly.

Camri had a pretty solid match with 13 kills with a good attack % plus 21 digs.

Sam Sanders with perhaps her best minutes of the year.

Comment

I think this result get Creighton in the NCAA Tournament. WSU were already in.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                I think this result get Creighton in the NCAA Tournament. WSU were already in.
                I agree. I would expect that the Shockers will be more motivated going into the NCAA Tournament.

This will be Creighton's first ever NCAA Tournament appearance and you could tell they were very motivated tonight.

Comment

sigh :cry:

Comment

UNI takes care of business easily handling ILS 17, 16 and 21.

That's the outcome the Shocks were hoping for.

UNI should be able to wrap up a #1 regional seed with a win over Creighton tomorrow and perhaps an opportunity to host.

UNI, WSU and CU should be dancing. MSU will be doing a lot of praying.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      sigh :cry:
                      One thing the Shocks did do tonight was sink any hopes of hosting a regional.

Had they won this Tournament they may have had a shot at hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        One thing the Shocks did do tonight was sink any hopes of hosting a regional.
                        The only benefit I can find for the result at the moment is that Lambo saw the new lineup against a quality opponent.

Comment

UNI should be able to wrap up a #1 regional seed with a win over Creighton tomorrow and perhaps an opportunity to host.
                          Hosting: UNI certainly has a good enough record/RPI/quality wins/etc., has no facilities conflicts, has submitted a bid, and has decent attendance for the year. The only factor in question is how the selections pan out geographically.

However, I'm not holding my breath for any regional #1 (top 4 overall) seed. They're not going to let any of those get away from the money conferences (in this case, SEC (Florida), PAC10, and maybe Big10/Big12)

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
                            Hosting: UNI certainly has a good enough record/RPI/quality wins/etc., has no facilities conflicts, has submitted a bid, and has decent attendance for the year. The only factor in question is how the selections pan out geographically.

However, I'm not holding my breath for any regional #1 (top 4 overall) seed. They're not going to let any of those get away from the money conferences (in this case, SEC (Florida), PAC10, and maybe Big10/Big12)
                            I was referring to a #1 seed in whatever regional UNI is assigned to. I've agree that they will not be a Top 4 seed overall.

Comment

I was referring to a #1 seed in whatever regional UNI is assigned to. I've agree that they will not be a Top 4 seed overall.
                              I believe there are only 4 "regionals", and thus the top seed in a region IS one of the top 4 overall seeds.

But yes, if UNI wins tommorrow, there is no doubt that they will get one of the 16 tournament seeds.

Comment

I believe there are only 4 "regionals", and thus the top seed in a region IS one of the top 4 overall seeds.

But yes, if UNI wins tommorrow, there is no doubt that they will get one of the 16 tournament seeds.
                                OK, UNI will be the top seed out of the 4 teams that are at the site of the first two rounds wherever UNI will be assigned two. I AGREE that they will not be one of the top 4 national seeds.

I do believe UNI will be one of the 16 national seeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X