Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri State 1-3 Illinois State

19-25, 25-18, 18-25, 21-25

The five seed takes out the four seed with possible "bubble" implications for Missouri State.

Comment

Redbirds take out MSU in 4 sets 25-19, 18-25, 25-18 and 25-21.

That probably puts MSU on the bubble for the NCAA Tourney and may very well have knocked them out. They are 5-5 in their last 10 matches.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
        Missouri State 1-3 Illinois State

19-25, 25-18, 18-28, 21-25

The five seed takes out the four seed with possible "bubble" implications for Missouri State.
        Great minds!

Comment

With Utah State beating Hawaii last night (for those of you not paying attention, lol) that certainly took away an at large, and a team like Missouri State now looks to be on the outside looking in.

Just can't see the committee taking a 4th Valley team before a 8th Big 10 or a 6th Big 12 or a 9th Pac10 etc etc.....

Comment

NO

Missouri State has been battling injuries. MVC FOY Christine McCartney has not played since November 13 after spraining an ankle. Her replacement Megan Bess was limited in practice time this week and MVC 1st teamer Kelly Michnowicz was questionable but did play.

Not sure how this might impact the way the committee evaluates the Bears. Does it help, hurt or does the committee even consider such things?

Comment

Well, if they are like the basketball committee (and I have to think they are) then they will absolutely take that into consideration, regarding SEEDING, however, the merits of the at large bid are based upon results.

For instance, North Carolina goes 8-23 but Michael Jordan and James Worthy are eligible at semester, right as the tournament begins (for instance).

UNC isn't getting in just because they are now the best team in the country.

I doubt MSU gets in with a limping home 5-5 finish.

Comment

Just an opinion from the VolleyTalk board:

13 teams - Ole Miss, Auburn, Maryland, Va Tech, Cal Poly, Long Beach, St. Marys, Pepperdine, Oregon, Creighton, Missouri State, Marquette, and SMU - providing the last in/out discussions for the last 8 spots (or less if MVC or WAC tourny upsets) IMO

The WAC upset (of Hawai'i) he referred to has taken place, so we are down to seven spots if we believe the poster. Even though Missouri State began the tournament with an RPI of 33 (v 39 for Creighton), they can't be optimistic about their chances of making the tournament for the reasons mentioned in earlier replies. Additionally, Creighton entered the tournament with a Pablo Ranking of 40 v 57 for Missouri State. But as noted elsewhere, Pablo is not used by the NCAA Committee.

Comment

Lambo pretty much rested his starters this week believing that they needed the rest more than they needed the additional work, so hopefully, they are refreshed and not too rusty.

He expects that Creighton will key on Emily and Camri and try to make the freshman middles, Elizabeth and Ashley, beat them which he says is a smart approach. Creighton is also pretty solid in the middle.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Replay shows Emily's tip at 9-12 was absolutely in but called out. Up official was looking straight down at the ball.

:-x

Comment

Shocks up 17-14 (should be 18-13) despite not passing the ball very well. Waldo in particular not looking sharp with her passing. Hopefully, we get that sharpened up as the match proceeds.

Comment

Creighton takes Set 1 25-21 dominating the last 12 points of the set.

At this point things are not looking very good for the Shocks. Creighton seems to be the much more animated and energetic team.

Set 2 is pretty much a must win for the Shocks.

Comment

I just want to say, that having the Volleyball games on radio does absolutely nothing for me. I just can not envision the players and play like I can when Basketball is on the radio.

Comment

There is a free live video feed if you have have a computer:

Right now Creighton looks pretty good and the Shocks do not.

Comment

Your loss Snap I can
                              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Set 2 to Creighton 25-19. Shocks were never really in this set.

Creighton seems to want this match a lot more than the Shocks do.

Shocks are capable of making a comeback, but I don't see it happening. Creighton clearly looks like the better team tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X