No announcement yet.

It's American Time - Shocks @ Temple and UConn This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams not named Oregon shouldn't be hitting .345 against us. Won't be a pleasant lockerroom I'm sure.

Comment

Part of the difference so far, imho, is that Temple is being bolstered by their crowd and playing above themselves, not worrying about taking chances and swinging HARD. They are also more talented at the pins, athletically, again imho.

I think we have to assume they're going to continue at a high level and take some chances ourselves.

Comment

The video is nice, but the announcers are not - hmm - on the same level, shall we say.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Heck of a first set. I like this American thing!
          The American digital network is really cool. Can you imagine the valley having anything like this?

Comment

Very entertaining match. Good stuff.

Comment

Set 3

Down 10-2, Temple gains the lead at 19-20.

Announcer Example: "After a timeout, the team seems always to win the point." Well, they are receiving serve - they should win the point lots of the time.

WOW!! The Shockers get a call to make it 23-23. The ball was clearly in on the replay and should have been a point for the Owls.

Shockers 31-29 Temple

Tabitha kill and Abbie kill on an overpass of Emily's serve for the last two points.

Shocker now lead in blocks, 8 v 5. They are hitting .303 v .292.

Temple has already shown enough fight that I doubt they are going away in the fourth set.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; September 22, 2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Wow, stole that set.

Comment

Wow, good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      WOW!! The Shockers get a call to make it 23-23. The ball was clearly in on the replay and should have been a point for the Owls.
                      I felt like about 8-10 close calls in sets 1 and 2 went against us, but none blatant. That call was awful and match changing. I'm not giving it back, but that was a horrible for Temple.

Their crackerbox gym with the band and all those students is LOUD.

I've had enough of the banging chairs though.

Comment

Set 4

Temple takes their second timeout at 16-10. Shockers seem to be doing a better job with serve-receive.

It is 18-10, six in a row, before the Owls score.

Shockers 25-15 Temple

Tabitha seemed to take control in this set. (LS are from Sidearm and interim stats do not exist.)
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; September 22, 2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

That was a gutty win. I'm thinking Temple may be a top 3 or 4 team in this league.

Comment

That was fun. Great to see an AAC school pumped to play us. Even better to see us prevail.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              That was a gutty win. I'm thinking Temple may be a top 3 or 4 team in this league.
                              They were picked to finish 3rd behind the Shocks and Cincy but that was before Jordan Thompson of Cincy went down for the year. I'm thinking Temple is a Top 2 team in this league.

Comment

WSU, Temple Game

Glad to see Jenny Whitledge get some fairly significant playing time. She's very good on the back row.

Comment

Working...
                                X