No announcement yet.

Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only good Bluejay is a defeated one!

Comment

Anybody listen to any of the post-game show? I forgot to take an Internet-listening device.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
        Looking forward to a great evening.
        Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Anybody listen to any of the post-game show? I forgot to take an Internet-listening device.
          Caught some of it. Obviously Lambo was thrilled. Defense was excellent. Asking a lot of Georgia and she delivers. Hannah played well. Really proud of Mikaela bouncing back, trying something new, and just being great tonight. Can't believe what they held the Jays to, across the board.

Super match.

I't kind of hidden up above, but Creighton beat Kansas 3-0 in Lawrence last Saturday. If we'd have closed out Cal Poly last weekend, one would think we'd have the inside track to host a regional, with a win over #8 CU who swept Ku.

Comment

Maybe it was just me, but if tonight was an example of what to expect, crowd, quality, atmosphere etc and we see the same increase in say, men's basketball, we're in for a fun year.

The lighting is great, the floor looks perfect, it's all good folks. Get on board, now!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              What did I tell you 72? Good luck charm!!
              Yes you did and yes you were (at least the little angel you brought with you probably was). Tradition requires that whenever a Shocker fan attends their first Shocker volleyball match they are obligated to report on their experience. So let's have it.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 16, 2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Caught some of it. Obviously Lambo was thrilled. Defense was excellent. Asking a lot of Georgia and she delivers. Hannah played well. Really proud of Mikaela bouncing back, trying something new, and just being great tonight.
                I thought our serve-receive was key in the first game. No experimenting tonight - Alex, Emma and Hannah were the "variables" in the first game, and that didn't change for the rest of the match. Tabitha had three errors to help get Creighton back in the fourth game, Mikaela had three kills to build a three-point lead three-fourths through the game, and then Tabitha came back to get two of the last three points. (Game? Set? Not sure what the preferred nomenclature is now.) Yeah, some really nice defense.

Comment

We have a Creighton team come to town ranked #8 in the nation coming off of a sweep of Kansas, who was ranked #7 at that time, in Lawrence.

We have an upgraded Koch Arena that seemingly Shocker fans were excited to see and the Shockers were representing the American Conference at home for the 1st time ever.

I'm thinking all the ingredients are there to challenge the 6,000+ all-time attendance record. The attendance was a very IMHO pedestrian 2,857. Not even close. That said the 2,857 fans that were in attendance were outstanding and brought their A+ game and I am going to say they were a positive factor in the outcome of the match.

Not a lot of students in attendance as is the norm but the guys that were there brought it as well.

And I am so happy I was one of those 2,857 in attendance. I enjoyed every single minute of a great match that resulted on one of the best wins in program history over an opponent that some claim is a rival.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    The lighting is great, the floor looks perfect, it's all good folks. Get on board, now!
                    It may be me, but could the PA be better still? Far better than it was several years ago (but then "awful" is easy to improve on), but seems it could be better yet.

Comment

I apologize to anyone who fell down in the concourse area. I had a mess to clean after Doc was drooling at the sight of one JACKIE CHURCH. I hope there weren't too many injuries.

Fun night! The girls played well. The atmosphere was terrific. Like Doc said, if this is any indication of the bar being raised, then this new conference is going to be ridiculously awesome!
                      78-65

Comment

1. It's a great day to be a Shocker.

2. Anytime we beat Creighton in anything, even tiddlie winks, it's a great day.

3. I don't know if this will make sense to anyone, but with the new lights it was like watching the game in HD.

4. I pretty much liked all of the music selection at the game tonight.

5. A lot of fun tonight. My family had a good time.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I liked the new lighting. The floor looks very nice. My biggest issue tonight was I had a terrible time understanding the PA announcer but I guess that is just something we have to live with as part of Koch Arena.

The crowd, while disappointing in terms of numbers, was outstanding in term of energy and enthusiasm.

However, for my money, the most outstanding thing tonight was effort put forth by the Lady Shocker volleyball team. The were determined, they were focused and they were fired up. I don't remember ever seeing Abbie Lehman so animated.

The Shocks really needed some young ladies to step up on order to pull off this upset. The entire team did but Mikaela elevated her play noticeably from what she has been giving us and I also thought Alex Koon gave the Shocks a boost as well.

Lambo was comparing Creighton's 6-3 Jr OH Jaali Winters to Cal Poly's Torrey Van Winden who torched the Shocks in Oregon. Lambo said he could not believe the Shocks could hold her to a .050 (10-8-40) hitting percentage.

The Shocker defense was great and the passing, with the exception of Set 2, was very good as well.

It was clear that the Lady Shocks really, really wanted this one. Congratulations Ladies! Outstanding work.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 15, 2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I think we may have a bit of learning curve on how to utilize and operate the special effects capabilities of the new lighting system. But I think Shocker fans will like it.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 15, 2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              I thought our serve-receive was key in the first game. No experimenting tonight - Alex, Emma and Hannah were the "variables" in the first game, and that didn't change for the rest of the match. Tabitha had three errors to help get Creighton back in the fourth game, Mikaela had three kills to build a three-point lead three-fourths through the game, and then Tabitha came back to get two of the last three points. (Game? Set? Not sure what the preferred nomenclature is now.) Yeah, some really nice defense.
                              Excellent analysis and it reminds me of another Lambo comment....he said CU has been killing folks in service receive all season, maybe the best in the country, and we won that battle tonight. Lambo can be tough on the littles, but they were huge tonight.

Comment

In addition, to her excellent defensive work I thought Giorgia did a good job with her bump sets on out-of-system balls.

Alex Koon doesn't exactly conjure up images of a thoroughbred athlete but she is a mudder. Reminds me of former Shocker Lindsey Eckenrode prior to her knee injury.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 15, 2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X