Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    The Creighton setter Dimke is on crutches for this match. The Jays are running a 6-2 in her absence.
    She took a pretty good spill late in last night's match. That is a big loss for Creighton. I really did not see what happened last night. Just her on the floor and then limping after whatever happened.

Comment

ISU won the 3rd 25-16.

10-7 CU so far in the 4th.

Comment

CU knots it up with a 25-19 win in Set 4, on to the fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          She took a pretty good spill late in last night's match. That is a big loss for Creighton. I really did not see what happened last night. Just her on the floor and then limping after whatever happened.
          But she finished the match, right? I don't recall her unable to get to the passes, but this happened kinda late in the fourth, so she may have just gutted it out, used her adrenalin to get her through.

Comment

10-8 ISU in the 5th, CU service errors the difference so far.

Comment

But she finished the match, right? I don't recall her unable to get to the passes, but this happened kinda late in the fourth, so she may have just gutted it out, used her adrenalin to get her through.
              Yes she did finish.

Comment

ISU takes the 5th 15-8.

Comment

Yet Another Score

Kansas State 3-2 Northern Iowa
                  22 (24) 27 (23) 6

Set 1: Down 20-22, K-State ran off five consecutive points to take the set
                  Set 2: With Northern Iowa trailing 21-24, the went on their own five point run to win the set
                  Set 3: Dramatic end again! From 20-24, K-State scores four to tie and eventually wins
                  Set 4: More late drama. Northern Iowa trailed 18-21 before winning
                  Set 5: Definitely no drama here. From 3-3, the Panthers never scored two in a row

Comment

Another Score

Northern Iowa and Kansas State are currently playing.
                    Kansas State 3 - 2 Northern Iowa 22 (24) 27 (23) 6 I bet that match lasted 4 hours.

Dangit, too slow.

Comment

The loss of their senior setter, Lydia Dimke, was no small thing for Creighton. At 6-3 she is a weapon at setter that you don't encounter very often in collegiate volleyball. However, she isn't just tall she was a 3rd team AVCA All-American last year and was also the Big East Player of the Year.

Nevertheless, Iowa State is a formidable opponent and the Shocks will need to refocus and play well to finish off their non-con season with a victory which would be very beneficial to the Shocks NCAA resume.

Should be another very good match.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 17, 2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Frankly I'm surprised CU managed to extend the match to 5 without her. She's outstanding....elite, even.

Comment

There were only four or five points left after her injury so she was able to walk it off and keep playing. I imagine it begin swelling once she got off of it and obviously couldn't go today.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                            There were only four or five points left after her injury so she was able to walk it off and keep playing. I imagine it begin swelling once she got off of it and obviously couldn't go today.
                            Thanks. That was more or less my recollection - not much time left to play and thus not much time for her injury to start feeling worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Lipscomb picked up 2 sweeps today over Northern Kentucky and Forida A&M. Things will be a bit tougher tomorrow as Lipscomb faces #3 Florida in Gainesville.

ETSU picked up a 3-2 win over Radford today and play Virginia Tech tomorrow.

Cal Poly swept IUPUI and North Dakota today. IUPUI plays North Dakota tomorrow. Cal Poly plays Green Bay.

Marquette swept Southern Miss tonight.

Miami (OH) was swept by #15 Purdue tonight. They finish their non-con against the Loyola Ramblers tomorrow.

Duquesne lost a 5-setter at Ball State tonight. They play Butler and Evansville tomorrow.
                              Lipscomb lost to #3 Florida 3-1.

ETSU sweeps Va Tech 20/19/14

IUPUI falls to North Dakota in 5 sets

Cal Poly brings the brooms against Green Bay 15/17/19

Miami (OH) with a 15/15/23 sweep of the Loyola Ramblers

Duquesne was swept by Butler today but they beat Evansville in 5 sets.

Comment

Went over to the CU board to see their reaction to the weekend. One volleyball post since Thursday.

One.

The Creighton Crickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X