Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Volleyball Classic

It is out of frying pan into the fire as the Shocks come off back to back losses to #11 Oregon and #26 Cal Poly to open their home schedule with a Friday night encounter with #8 Creighton and a Sunday afternoon match with #19 Iowa State.

Lamb mentioned on his Monday radio show that he tried to find a 4th team to fill out this tournament but was unable to come up with a suitable team.

Hard not to be apprehensive about this weekend based on last weekend's performance and Lambo doesn't seem to have any immediate answers for his teams shortcomings.

Creighton (7-2) would appear to be every bit as good as Oregon. Their two losses are to #15 Purdue and to #18 Southern Cal. They have wins over #7 Washington, #9 Kansas, #12 Kentucky and a sweep of a good Northern Iowa squad.

Speaking of Northern Iowa they just handed Iowa State (7-1) their 1st loss of the season knocking of the Cyclones 3-2 (25-21, 21-25, 25-23, 17-25, 15-11) tonight in Ames. Perhaps that gives Shocker fans a glimmer of hope. Iowa State's schedule has not been nearly as impressive as Creighton's schedule so far.

Give Creighton a relatively competitive match and pull the upset over Iowa State and it will be sucessful weekend.

:poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 15, 2017, 10:55 PM.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Lamb mentioned on his Monday radio show that he tried to find a 4th team to fill out this tournament but was unable to come up with a suitable team.
    Creighton hosts next year, and the coach there says that several teams owe her a return visit, so there should be no problem having a quality fourth team. Also from the show, Mike and Lambo talked about the contributions of Alex in addition to that of the Solid Four. Still can't find someone who can take their practice game to the game game. Chase was mentioned as an example.

Comment

Just got my season tickets yesterday - first time buyer. Is the first season they're using season ticket cards? Pretty slick.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
        Just got my season tickets yesterday - first time buyer. Is the first season they're using season ticket cards? Pretty slick.
        Third year maybe? Fourth?

Comment

If anyone else is looking to buy tickets, I have 3 season tickets for sale... Big games against ranked opponents this weekend!

Comment

Score of Interest (Tuesday)

Northern Iowa 3-2 at #19 Iowa State
            21 (21) 23 (17) 11

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              Score of Interest (Tuesday)

Northern Iowa 3-2 at #19 Iowa State
              21 (21) 23 (17) 11
              Your reflexes are slowing down.

Comment

:( Had a nap since the opening post. Ran across the thread on VT, and thought ... aww, who knows what I was thinking.

News Flash!

Marquette at #5 Wisconsin (tonight)

You heard it here first - I think - I am afraid to go back and read previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  :( Had a nap since the opening post. Ran across the thread on VT, and thought ... aww, who knows what I was thinking.

News Flash!

Marquette at #5 Wisconsin (tonight)

You heard it here first - I think - I am afraid to go back and read previous posts.
                  Go Warriors! I see Marquette having to revert to its Un-PC days to pull off this upset.

Comment

Marquette 1-3 at #5 Wisconsin
                    (19) 13 21 24

Comment

Looking forward to seeing me some Shocker Volleyball and taking in the new look of Koch Arena. However, I am a bit apprehensive. About the Volleyball, not so much the new look of the Arena.

Did I hear Lambo say on his radio show Monday that Creighton has on OH to rival Torrey Van Winden of Cal Poly but with a better supporting cast?

Hopefully, Lambo has been able to figure out an effective way to produce more offense with this Shocker team.

Not expecting a win tonight but then there's this:

Comment

Looking forward to a great evening.

Comment

Selling beer!! Even better.

Comment

What did I tell you 72? Good luck charm!!

Comment

Awesome win! Just what this team needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X