Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Quote from the Oregon HC from the Oregon web site:

"I'm really proud of us," said head coach Matt Ulmer. "I've been preaching to them that this was a national match tonight. The volleyball nation is going to see this match and I wanted them to show everyone how good we are.

"This was the first time I thought we started strong; we've been starting very poorly. I am just really proud of us because this is a match we had to win. Wichita State is an excellent team, but that's just how good we were tonight."
    Why do you people quote in white???
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Shox take set 2, 25-21. Really seem to be hitting their stride today.

Comment

Set 3

Alex and Brooke are the middles.

At 15-15, the biggest Shocker lead has been two, the biggest Mustang lead has been one.

At 17-18, the Shockers take a timeout.

20-20 becomes 20-22, and Lambo takes his last timeout.

At 22-23, kill by Tabitha, another kill by Tabitha, and a timeout by CP. 24-23.

CP kill, Tabitha kill, CP kill (25-25), CP kill, CP error, CP kill, CP kill for a Mustang win.

Shockers 26-28 Cal Poly

For the set, .233 v .245 with 4 blocks v 2.

For the match, Tabitha has 16 kills and Abbie has 10. The sisters have 19 and 16.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; September 9, 2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Down 20-22, score the next four of five and up 24-23 now after a few big kills from Tabitha Brown. Timeout Cal Poly, match point coming up.

Comment

26-all now.

Comment

Cal Poly takes set 3 28-26.

Comment

Set 4

Alex and Emma in this one, but Lauren Hinrichs in early for Alex.

Down quickly at 0-4, the Shockers close it to two. But at 7-12, Lambo takes a timeout.

Brooke for Emma to complete the middle replacements.

Chase gets a shot and promptly has a hitting error. After another Chase error and the Shocks take their last timeout. 13-21.

Abby is another middle, the fifth of this set.

The Shockers never got closer than the five at the first timeout.

Shockers 16-25 Cal Poly

The Mustangs hit .528 in this set.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; September 9, 2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Cal Poly takes set 4 25-16. Not much going right now.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Shox take set 2, 25-21. Really seem to be hitting their stride today.
                    Nice jinx. :dejection:

Comment

Set 5

Abby and Alex are the middles.

Tabitha scores. 1-0. That is a relief after the last set.

2-0, then 4-2, then 4-5. 7-6 then 7-8, and the teams switch ends.

7-9 and the Shockers take a timeout. The Shocks need to get Tabitha back in the front row.

The lead is stretched to 8-12, and Lambo takes his last timeout. A 6-1 run by the Mustangs up to the timeout.

Shockers 9-15 Cal Poly

Last edited by flyingMoose; September 9, 2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Post-game

Lambo was happy because Abbie was successful in the M1 role. She was 15-3-32 for .375.

Tabitha was the only other offense (23-2-50 for .420). (My note: Mikaela finished 8-5-35 for .086.)

Alex got her hand on some balls, but the Shocks still need some offense behind the setter.

Geo and Hannah got kudos on the back row, but a couple of others (by name) did not.

CP had 209 swings v only 179 for the Shocks. Torrey, one of the sisters, just went off in the last part of the match.

Expect some new faces soon: Megan Taflinger on offense and an unnamed defender.

If Megan works out, then Mikaela is the offense behind the setter he is looking for. (I think that sentence is what he said.)

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                          Why do you people quote in white???
                          I did a cut-and-paste that came out black-on-black - a pretty low readability value. So I changed it to something with a higher value.

Is there some standard color for quotes?

Comment

Not the outcome I was hoping to see but at least the Shocks gave themselves a chance to win today.

How did Cal Poly manage to get 30 more attacks than the Shocks. Whew!

Hopefully Lambo can figure out to get the pieces he needs in place to make this work better. Certainly doesn't get any easier next weekend.

#9 Creighton is playing at #7 Kansas tonight.

#22 Iowa State is 7-0 with a home match against Northern Iowa on Tuesday.

The Shocks will not doubt fall out of the rankings and well they should. Unfortunately, at this point time a 4-game losing streak looks very possible to close out the non-con portion of the season. It will be a great opportunity for the Shocks but right now we don't seem to be up to the task.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 9, 2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

When Mike was recalling that the Shocks had two opportunities to serve with a one point lead, Lambo said one of those times, we had a swing with an open net, but hit the ball all the way to the back row where it was played. Sometimes that happens, he said.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                When Mike was recalling that the Shocks had two opportunities to serve with a one point lead, Lambo said one of those times, we had a swing with an open net, but hit the ball all the way to the back row where it was played. Sometimes that happens, he said.
                                Perhaps biting his tongue a bit when he said it? I suppose you learn from your failures.

Comment

Working...
                                X