No announcement yet.

2017 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been curious about this for a couple of weeks, so I asked.

What if the Shockers had been able to hold onto their 2-0 lead against Cal Poly?

The RPI Futures guy says they would probably finish around #9 or #10 in the RPI. Sadly, good enough to be one of the host sites out of the Midwest, bumping for example, a Creighton or ... .

Kinda wish I had not asked. :)

Comment

• Break-of-day RPIs:

Friday 11
      Saturday 13
      Sunday 11
      Monday TBA

This may not be as interesting an exercise as I originally thought.

Comment

• I appreciate it. Today is a huge day.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Break-of-day RPIs:

Friday 11
          Saturday 13
          Sunday 11
          Monday TBA

This may not be as interesting an exercise as I originally thought.
          Monday 9

The Shockers are at the top of the pack that ranges down to 23. Unfortunately, we have to play Memphis twice, and RPI Futures are expected to drop to 16.

The official NCAA RPI list comes out later this morning, but Futures is where it is at. (Bad grammar and all.)

Comment

The official NCAA RPI list comes out later this morning
            And the Shockers are #9 there. In fact, the first 48 spots (I quit comparing after that) are the same as the unofficial list.

Comment

And the Shockers are #9 there. In fact, the first 48 spots (I quit comparing after that) are the same as the unofficial list.
              Memphis moved up a bit to 259 with their win over Tulsa. Still there is damage coming to the Shocks ranking and their isn't anything they can do about it.

Comment

• Shocks move up 1 spot to #20 in this weeks AVCA Coaches Poll.

Comment

• This week's RPI Futures are 16, moving up from 18. I would love to travel across town to see the first two rounds, but it still looks doubtful.

Comment

• Can we just forfeit the next two games, still claim the autobid, and have them not count on the rpi?
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Wichita State moves up to #9 in the NCAA Women's Volleyball RPI.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/volleyb...volleyball-rpi

Comment

• Wichita State volleyball vaults up seven spots to No. 9 in latest RPI.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...185650698.html

Comment

• How much damage will playing Memphis cause?

Today (Wednesday) the Shockers are #9 with an RPI of 0.6641. Washington is #8 at 0.6884, a sizable gap. But teams are pretty tight past Washington. The same "gap" of 0.0243 takes you down to #23 Oregon at 0.6405.

The Shockers do not play in isolation, as other results can affect their RPI percentage, but we can look again tomorrow.

Comment

• Teams we might be competing with for hosting opportunities with current RPI ranking include:

#3 Texas
                            #6 Nebraska
                            #12 Kansas
                            #14 Baylor
                            #15 Iowa State
                            #16 Creighton

Comment

• #24 AVCA Oregon plays #13 AVCA Southern Cal this afternoon at home and #28 AVCA Oregon State on the road Friday evening. A pair of Oregon wins sure wouldn't hurt.

Then hopefully Creighton and Marquette win the Big East tournament semi-final matches on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Teams we might be competing with for hosting opportunities with current RPI ranking include:

#3 Texas
                                #6 Nebraska
                                #12 Kansas
                                #14 Baylor
                                #15 Iowa State
                                #16 Creighton
                                Well, although Texas and Nebraska are in the area, they (being among the highest 8 in RPI and with the separation noted above from those starting at #9) are going to host - guaranteed. So we are really competing with the last four in the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X