2017 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    I thought the previous incarnation was perfect - you were notified of PMs and the Thanks/Likes (T/L names in the old version, counter increments in this one would be okay, too) appeared with no notification.
    So this is the heart of the dilemma. The Thanks/Like plugin "works" with vb5, which has let us keep the stats. BUT ... they won't support or update it anymore (true of many of their plugins). And since the default behavior of vb5 is to send a freakin' private message (instead of just a notification), the plugin is spamming us. I have just opened another ticket to make absolute sure there is not a setting I have missed to stop that. If I can't we are going to have to ditch the plugin and roll with the built-in Like system which has only one Like button and no Thanks button.

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Are others using the upgrade in a similar uproar? Does the provider have workarounds for the conundrum we are in? Are patches forthcoming?
    Yes to uproar, no to patches (for the plugin).

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Plus I get the "Working..." window a lot. Is this version that much slower?
    It's way slower than it should be, and I need to spend time figuring out how to get it going faster. That WILL happen, but I have to figure out where the bottle neck is and then tune it.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• FYI, I got this EMAIL (not shockernet mail) message for the 1st time earlier today.

Dear WuDrWu,

Kung Wu has sent you a private message. You can view the full message at:

I came here to check and found no email from Kung Wu. I also am seeing "1 message" notification at the top of the pages here, and no messages when I click it. Just FYI. I'm not complaining, and if this is of no help, I will shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        FYI, I got this EMAIL (not shockernet mail) message for the 1st time earlier today.

Dear WuDrWu,

Kung Wu has sent you a private message. You can view the full message at:

I came here to check and found no email from Kung Wu. I also am seeing "1 message" notification at the top of the pages here, and no messages when I click it. Just FYI. I'm not complaining, and if this is of no help, I will shut up.
        Ok, try this ... Click Messages at the top --> then on the left click "Inbox". Does that show a bunch of recent stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Shortly after posting this message I posted a message on the UConn/Temple match thread mentioning WuDrWu using the @ prefix and linking to his post above. I got the Array message. So this all must tied together to full mail boxes.
          I like the thanks/likes system but it's not that important. Also deleting thanks/likes is kind of a pain. A guy like WuDrWu especially would spend a lot of time n that.

If we can't restrict the message box to strictly PM's then I vote to shut off the thanks/likes system.

​​​​​
          I just shut it off and turned on the built-in Like system. It appears to work WAAAY better, and much more like the old system. If you Like something it does not send a PM. It only sends a Notification and when you click on the link in the Notification it does not open a new tab/browser window! Play with it and see what you think.

Comment

Array
            Were you able to replicate the issue? How did you make this happen? I have been unable to recreate this error intentionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I just shut it off and turned on the built-in Like system. It appears to work WAAAY better, and much more like the old system. If you Like something it does not send a PM. It only sends a Notification and when you click on the link in the Notification it does not open a new tab/browser window! Play with it and see what you think.
              Okay. The nice thing about the notifications is they have a Dismiss button which is much quicker to use then the delete function for messages.

Edit: Also if you click on the Like notifications it takes you to the specific post and then is automatically removed from your message center.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 5, 2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Were you able to replicate the issue? How did you make this happen? I have been unable to recreate this error intentionally.
                I was replying to Post #97 by WuDrWu, replying that because of geography and the 400-mile drive-in limit and Shocker RPI relative to others in our area, the likelihood of our getting a bid to host seems slim. Was it because his mailbox was full? I don't think there was anything special in the post, just text. @1972Shocker:s says he has gotten the "Array" message occasionally, but we have not tried to compare notes. I am just back after being away for several hours, so I have not had the chance yet to experience the changes you made earlier this evening. Many thanks for working on this.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                  flyingMoose commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This post had four different paragraphs. I do not like the app editing my post!

I was replying to Post #97 by WuDrWu, replying that because of geography and the 400-mile drive-in limit and Shocker RPI relative to others in our area, the likelihood of our getting a bid to host seems slim. Was it because his mailbox was full? I don't think there was anything special in the post, just text. @1972Shocker:s says he has gotten the "Array" message occasionally, but we have not tried to compare notes. I am just back after being away for several hours, so I have not had the chance yet to experience the changes you made earlier this evening. Many thanks for working on this.
                Ok, I do think it was because his mailbox is (was?) full. I found a related setting that might solve the issue, but not sure. Now it's just wait and see.

I don't know why it would "edit" your post? What device were you on when you posted it?

Comment

Ok, I do think it was because his mailbox is (was?) full. I found a related setting that might solve the issue, but not sure. Now it's just wait and see.

I don't know why it would "edit" your post? What device were you on when you posted it?
                  My iMac.

And now this is a second paragraph.

We will see what happens with this third paragraph.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                    flyingMoose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So this time all is well. Let me try something else I might have done.

Paragraph one.

Paragraph two.

Paragraph three.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                    flyingMoose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope, that wasn't it. Who knows? That is the only time I was "formatted" so I will forget it. I thought it might be inadvertently connected with other changes you were making.

• The Shockers are #17 in this week's RPI.

SMU at #62 is the next AAC team.

Northern Iowa is #46 and Missouri State is #51 from the Valley.

The same link above will have access to the Coaches' Poll sometime after noon. Since the poll is interesting to some, but worthless to everyone, I have decided not to bother to post the Shocker ranking. The Shocker Web site will have an article about it.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; November 6, 2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

The Shocker Web site will have an article about it.

Comment

• This week the VT Bracketology guy changed his content a bit. The Shockers are in as an AQ, and Missouri State and Northern Iowa are still both in with UNI being one of the last four in.

His current guess at seeds (I don't know his track record on this, and it is still early anyway) has Creighton at 16, Kansas at 12 and Nebraska at 2 - no Shockers, no Iowa State.

Comment

• After last night's (Thursday) matches, the RPI Futures for the Shockers is 19. Their remaining schedule is such that there is little likelihood of being able to move up.

Comment

• The RPI this week is 16.

The gap between 8 and 9 is larger than the gap between 9 and 24, maybe even 25 or 26. Thus, my statements (based on VT talk to some extent) that it will be difficult for the Shockers to move up. Others will get help from their remaining schedule; the Shockers will not.

I hear Lawrence is lovely this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                          X