2017 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Rankings

Moved up from 7 votes in the preseason poll (#36) to 73 votes this week (#26). https://www.avca.org/polls/di-women/8-28-2017.html

Future opponents:
    Creighton #7 (was #9)
    Oregon #14 (was #18)
    Iowa State #25 (was RV)
    Cal Poly RV
    Marquette RV

More info of interest:

Iowa State was RV30. Cal Poly is RV33 with 14 "points" in the poll. Marquette is RV36 with 11 points.

Lipscomb is now RV38 with 8 points, and Arizona dropped from #24 and 174 points to RV32 with 18 points.

Northern Iowa is RV31 with 27 points.

Comment

I never know how much credence to give this Mid-Major Poll by VB Mag, but here it is.

Comment

Moved

Comment

Neither Michigan State nor Ohio State should be ahead of WSU come Monday. Michigan State's best win is against a below average San Diego State team and they've lost to a bad Georgia Tech team.

Ohio State has decent losses to Missouri State and a really good BYU team but Oakland might be their best win.

Comment

One would think that we'll be ranked come Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              One would think that we'll be ranked come Monday.
              You would think so now that they have put away Miami. I was a little worried @WuDrWu: may have triggered a jinx but his girl friends bailed him out.

Comment

I was thinking much the same thing, and yes, that they did.

Comment

#23 in this week's poll! https://www.avca.org/polls/di-women/9-4-2017.html

Comment

Also,

Creighton #9
                    Oregon #14
                    Iowa State #22 (295)
                    Wichita State #23 (164)

Northern Iowa RV27 (60)
                    Missouri State RV31 (10)
                    Lipscomb RV33 (8)
                    Cal Poly RV34 (6)

Comment

This Week's Mid-Major Poll

Of interest,

#1 Creighton
                      #4 Wichita State (with one vote for first place .. the Jays had 20 of 25)
                      #5 Northern Iowa
                      #6 Cal Poly
                      #7 Lipscomb
                      #10 Missouri State
                      #11 Marquette
                      #20 Miami (OH)
                      #21 SMU

Comment

I was a bit surprised when I read this:

On Monday, the Shockers (6-0) moved into the AVCA top 25 at No. 23, their first appearance since finishing No. 23 in the final 2012 poll.

I had not realized it has been 4 years since the Shocks were in the AVCA polls.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 5, 2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I was a bit surprised when I read this:

On Monday, the Shockers (6-0) moved into the AVCA top 25 at No. 23, their first appearance since finishing No. 23 in the final 2012 poll.

I had not realized it has been 4 years since were in the AVCA polls.
                          I'm starting to get concerned that you and I are on the same page a little too frequently........kidding of course, but I was thinking the exact same thing.

While we're talking rankings, I know about poll metrics etc, but I have a problem with Michigan State being ranked at all. 5 crappy wins and a bad loss to Georgia Tech. That shouldn't command a spot in the rankings, to me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I'm starting to get concerned that you and I are on the same page a little too frequently.......
                            I can certainly understand where concern is warranted but I'm confident you will make a strong recovery from this affliction.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I can certainly understand where concern is warranted but I'm confident you will make a strong recovery from this affliction.
                              Hey 72, I received a nice letter and four tickets from Shannon in the mail today. The tickets are for any game this year so was wondering which one you would suggest our family attending. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X