Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wahine in 5.

Comment

Gray unis look pretty good. Set 1 to Shox, 25-22.

Comment

Dominant set 2 from the Shocks, 25-14!

Comment

The Shocks squeeze out set 3, 26-24. Could not quite seal the deal late and had to go a little extra.

Lambo said in the post-game that the littles had to get better. We were not going to get better until they did, and he was going to challenge them every day in practice. The winning point in the match was a hitting error on a smash from the left pin toward the opposite sideline that we tried to dig but were not quick enough to do so. Fortunately, it was out. I think he was also saying that if we knew the scouting report we would not have tried to dig the spike at all.

Comment

As I suspected tonight was not a walk in the park for the Lady Shocks. Except for the latter part of the 2nd set where the Shocks closed out the set with an 11-1 run there was not much to choose between these two teams.

Except for that stretch at the end of the 2nd Set which included all 4 of the Shock's aces in the match I thought USD passed the ball great and Kendall Kritenbrink (#12) is a damn fine athlete and a very powerfull volleyball player As anticipated attendance dropped off tonight to 1,972 which is pretty disappointing but not too surprising. Hopefully, Shocker Nation will be out in force for Hawaii tomorrow night.

Comment

I'm still working on my brother to bring his family out tonight. He's on the fence at the moment. If he doesn't, I may still offer to take his two oldest girls if they're interested.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am bringing 4 with me!! Lets pack the place!!

Comment

A big crowd would be nice but it probably would just make Hawaii feel at home. In 9 home dates this season Hawaii is averaging 7,621 in attendance.

They attendance numbers at Hawaii for volleyball are tremendous and always have been for as long as I have followed women's volleyball (10 years now).

Nebraska may wrest the attendance title away from Hawaii now that they have moved into the Devaney Center. The Cornhuskers are averaging 8,178 fans per match so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    A big crowd would be nice but it probably would just make Hawaii feel at home. In 9 home dates this season Hawaii is averaging 7,621 in attendance.

They attendance numbers at Hawaii for volleyball are tremendous and always have been for as long as I have followed women's volleyball (10 years now).

Nebraska may wrest the attendance title away from Hawaii now that they have moved into the Devaney Center. The Cornhuskers are averaging 8,178 fans per match so far this year.
                    In third is Texas, sitting at 4315 after hosting Stanford and Penn State as part of the "Nike Big Four Classic". And fourth in national attendance average for volleyball is UNI, averaging 3919 per home match.

Comment

How many of those were attributed to Iowa State fans?

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                        In third is Texas, sitting at 4315 after hosting Stanford and Penn State as part of the "Nike Big Four Classic". And fourth in national attendance average for volleyball is UNI, averaging 3919 per home match.
                        What the heck else are people going to do in Cedar Falls? ;)
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          How many of those were attributed to Iowa State fans?
                          don't know how many Iowa State fans were at Nebraska.
                          there were maybe 100 ISU fans at the UNI match. Not as many as I thought there would be.

Comment

there were maybe 100 ISU fans at the UNI match. Not as many as I thought there would be.
                            How much do UNI season tickets cost?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Look, I'm not denigrating UNI volleyball. It's a quality program with sustained success in the face of adversity. UNI announced a crowd of 6600+ for the game. I have no doubt people were excited to see the Panthers battle the Cyclones. WSU would draw well if KSU or KU had the stones to visit Wichita. But I'd like to see a picture to confirm the 100 ISU fans in attendance.

It also would mean that about 1300 attended the other home match to get to the 3900 average which will no doubt decline the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                How much do UNI season tickets cost?
                                $30

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Look, I'm not denigrating UNI volleyball. It's a quality program with sustained success in the face of adversity. UNI announced a crowd of 6600+ for the game. I have no doubt people were excited to see the Panthers battle the Cyclones. WSU would draw well if KSU or KU had the stones to visit Wichita. But I'd like to see a picture to confirm the 100 ISU fans in attendance.

It also would mean that about 1300 attended the other home match to get to the 3900 average which will no doubt decline the rest of the season.
                                can't find a picture of the ISU fans in particular, but there are some pictures of the crowd in general here

And UNI has had three home matches that are figured into that average. one match against ISU (6621) and then two matches against UW-Green Bay (2732 and 2403). Not entirely sure how they figured attendance for those UWGB matches. They were both on the same day (noon and 6 pm) and the same ticket got you into both matches. But yeah, the attendance average will likely decline as the season progresses. Should get decent crowds for the WSU and MSU matches next weekend, but many of the rest of the home matches will probably only draw between 2K and 2500

Comment

Working...
                                X