No announcement yet.

Shocker Volleyball Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with @ShockerFever in that I thought we came out and played pretty tentative and perhaps a little scared the 1st 2 sets. I thought we were much more aggressive in the 3rd set and I thought we were going to win that one, but against a team like Hawaii you simply can not give away points, you have to make them earn everything, and that certainly wasn't the case tonight.

3,251 for an opponent of this quality is pretty poor IMO especially considering all the promotions in place although I will say I don't think the promotions were advertised very well. Kudos to Hawaii for coming to Wichita. I too was impressed with the following Hawaii had at the match. Not sure how many Hawaiians we have stationed at McConnell. There didn't seem to be anywhere near the same support at the South Dakota match.

Losing to Hawaii shouldn't hurt us much, in fact, it should be a plus for our RPI. This could still be a pretty successful weekend if we can pull it back together and get a win against a very good Creighton team tomorrow.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Okay, fine. 4001. Picky, picky!

:)
        I think the "+1" meant that I had exactly the same thought, closer to 4000. But I may not understand the lingo of board-talk, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          I think the "+1" meant that I had exactly the same thought, closer to 4000. But I may not understand the lingo of board-talk, either.
          No, you understood it right. I just thought it would be funny to intentionally interpret it the other way.

Comment

No, you understood it right. I just thought it would be funny to intentionally interpret it the other way.
            Yeah but you have a warped sense of humor. But thats not a bad thing.

Comment

• Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Comment

• That was a slaughter of a 1st set, stomping the Bluejays 25-16. Keep it going, ladies!

Comment

That was a slaughter of a 1st set, stomping the Bluejays 25-16. Keep it going, ladies!
                  It's because I am not there. Yesterday's loss was my fault. I showed up. I have been to only a few matches over the years and I think we have lost them all. I like volleyball, but for the good of the SHOX I will stay away lol
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The last two sets couldn't have been much different than the first one. Shocks haven't looked good since.

Comment

The last two sets couldn't have been much different than the first one. Shocks haven't looked good since.
                      Well apparently I can't even talk about them without jinxing them. Whoops. Sorry! Lol GO SHOX!
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• And now they tie it up at 2, winning set four 25-18.

Comment

• I was listening through the 6-4 break. Had to be somewhere. Did we do it?

Comment

• Nope.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Nope.
                              Creighton, 15-9, in the fifth.

Lambo talked about the littles again in the post-game. We have diggers, and we have passers. Those two characteristics just do not inhabit the same bodies.

Comment

• Strange match. Shocks could not have looked better in Sets 1 and 4, but could not have looked much worse in the other 3 sets. When the Shocks are playing well they are not giving away a lot of points through their own mistakes. OTOH, they did plenty of that in the 3 sets they lost.

I will say that sat the present time Creighton can put bigger and better volleyball players on the floor than Lambo has at his disposal.

One difference I see between the Lady Shocks and teams like Hawaii and Creighton is that those teams' heavy hitter seem to be better all-around volleyball players than our heavy hitters. Also, we don't seem to be a real aggressive serving team either. The only one I have seen that hits a hard serve is Ashlyn is she very rarely is left in to serve.

Still when the Lady Shocks play good, clean volleyball and eliminate or minimize the self-inflicted wounds they can be a very dangerous team.

Comment

Working...
                                X