Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
    $30
    And that includes season tickets to women's basketball as well?

So between both sports, that translates to about $1 a ticket.

Man, I would hope to see large attendance numbers with that price.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't know who's doing the counting but the representative pictures and videos from the UNI sight suggest that person counted by 5s. There's NO way there was more than a few hundred, maybe 1000, in attendance.

Comment

Shock down 2 sets. 0-2. Scores 20-25 in first two sets. Crowd is pretty good.
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Don't know what is going on with Field. No kills so following a very sub par performance against South Dakota. We really need her to find here rhythm.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Well 2 early kills and a solo block for field early in the third.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
              Crowd is pretty good.
              lemme guess: wudrwu estimates it at a few hundred. ;op

Comment

Well that was kinda weak. There's a pretty large disparity between a fringe Top 25 team like WSU and a Top 10 team in Hawaii. They were an impressive bunch. I thought WSU came out very intimidated, maybe even slightly nervous, and made way too many mistakes. That last set was just abysmal to watch. But you could almost see it coming.

Decent crowd but not record breaking. I guess there were too many who stayed home and watched Kitten State get their asses handed to them in football.

I was also impressed with the Hawaii fan contingent. I mean for volleyball and being about 3,000 miles away from home, that was pretty stellar. They were louder than WSU fans most of the time. Pretty amazing fan support.

Well, I won't be in attendance tomorrow, but let's hope they can salvage the weekend and have some Sunday BJ brunch.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Official attendance tonight: 3251. I would have guessed closer to 4000.

Comment

Our littles really hurt us. There were some other issues, but a number of fairly routine digs, at least routine in the past, were missed horribly.

Any chance Lamb can recruit us another Kelly Broussard?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Official attendance tonight: 3251. I would have guessed closer to 4000.
                      +1

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Our littles really hurt us. There were some other issues, but a number of fairly routine digs, at least routine in the past, were missed horribly.

That certainly has been Lamb's analysis all year as well. I think this group of littles is capable of more than they have given thus far, but it isn't a group with a whole lot of actual on court experience coming in and it shows right now. Hopefully they can turn it around because it was clear that our front row and setting is able to go toe to toe with the like of Hawaii when the digging and passing is decent. It is the only thing that stands between us and being not just good, but elite.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing during the match. I mean, obviously Dani and Jordan are our top 2, but we are missing that strong third that we used to always have.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                            +1
                            Okay, fine. 4001. Picky, picky!

:)

Comment

I can't even imagine how good we could be this year if we had anything close to Broussard and Granville out there right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                                I can't even imagine how good we could be this year if we had anything close to Broussard and Granville out there right now.
                                I knew there was another that was escaping me. Those two together made for a heck of a back row. Nothing was easy for our opponents.

I think some of our littles have potential, but they have a ways to go to come anywhere close to Melissa and Kelly.

We have some great pieces, but they can't block everything.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X