No announcement yet.

MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the games in Springfield will be broadcast on 103.7 FM. At least that what it shows on the schedule at goshockers.com for the MSU game on Thursday. Not sure who will be doing those broadcasts since Mike and Brian are in Cancun. Perhaps Shane Dennis.

The Thursday and Friday matches will be available live online at ESPN3.com, while the championship contest on Saturday will be televised live on Fox Sports Midwest at 7:07 p.m.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

Comment

Really meant to ask Mike Kennedy after the match Saturday night who would be doing the games this week, but I just hate to bother people on their "off" time.

Anyone planning to attend?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I went in 2007 when it was in Springfield and the No. 1 seeded Shocks dropped a 5-setter to No. 5 seed Illinois State in the semi-finals.

Have a family wedding to attend this weekend, but maybe it is best that I stay away in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Really meant to ask Mike Kennedy after the match Saturday night who would be doing the games this week, but I just hate to bother people on their "off" time.

Know this about Kennedy...he is approachable, just about no matter the circumstance...especially with Shocker fans. He is taking an early flight out of Cancun Thursday morning and won't miss any Shocker volleyball. He is truly a road warrior.

Comment

Thanks for that SHOXMVC. I know that volleyball has become very important to Mike, and I am thrilled he'll be there to call the tournament.

Comment

This appears to be the Tournament Central page.

Comment

The reason I didn't give a serious answer before is because there are so many variables. Look at the changes in predictions by the "experts" here; each day, one obtains more information (from Pablo, VolleyTalk, RPI, RKPI, etc.) and necessarily adjusts to the changes. Remember when we were a "lock" in 2005?

The key thing the Shocks need to do is start winning and keep winning. Anything else leaves the decision in the hands of outsiders who might not have our best interests in mind.

:poster_shocks: :poster_wu:
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

[QUOTE=

The key thing the Shocks need to do is start winning and keep winning. Anything else leaves the decision in the hands of outsiders who might not have our best interests in mind.

:poster_shocks: :poster_wu:[/QUOTE]

Agree just win. We have the talent to run this tournament. It is all about our passing game. Our setter can go anywhere with a good pass and several of the guns will be on fire and put it down. All good things start with a good pass. Just win.
                  GO SHOX!

Comment

In the time between the second and third sets of the ISU-SIU match on ESPN3, there was a short interview with Coach Lamb. Without naming a name, he mentioned a recent injury that wasn't coming back. So Sam is essentially out for the year, it appears.

Comment

Illinois State ends SIU's season with a 21, 21, 20 sweep of the Salukis. Illinois State moves on to face Creighton tomorrow.

Comment

Shocks take set 1 by a 25-22 score. Pretty competitive, well played set by both teams. Still more tipping then I would like to see from the Shocks but as long as they win I can live with it.

Comment

A VT thread about this match.

Comment

Shocks pound Bears 25-12 in set 2. Great start for our girls.

Comment

Shocks dominated the Bears 25-12 in Set 2 to take a 2-0 lead into the halftime break.

Shocker middles doing a lot of damage as is Ashlyn Driskill.

Go Shocks!

Comment

I forgot this was on ESPN3! Time to watch Shocker VB while keeping an eye on UNI vs. Louisville.

Comment

Working...
                                X